: What can a 2008 CTS4 use from a V

Overclock This
02-19-13, 12:22 PM
Hi Guys,

I did a quick search and I can't find clear info on what my 2008 CTS with pretty much every option can use from the V.
Does the CTSV have better sway bars then mine with the sport suspension? Is the sway bar the same?
Is there any other easy swap that would help performance that is pretty basic?

dkozloski
02-19-13, 12:57 PM
Jack up the radiator cap and slide a "V" under it.

Overclock This
02-19-13, 01:19 PM
Jack up the radiator cap and slide a "V" under it.

HAHAHA!, obviously that's not the type of mod i'm looking for :)

tinman
02-21-13, 10:35 AM
Suspension is different from ours as I am looking at coilovers. They have different mounts and they are magnetic. I tried Lingenfelter and Hennessey and got nowhere after a good conversation with Hennessey. I see that Lingenfelter has a sway bar and I don't yet know if it will fit. I need to revisit that possibility with them later. I am still looking for coilovers and not making much progress. I have a rwd, not awd.

I may end up fabricating a sway bar myself. I own a metal fabrication shop and just might make an attempt at this bad boy.

Michael_atDell
02-21-13, 06:17 PM
Suspension is different from ours as I am looking at coilovers. They have different mounts and they are magnetic. I tried Lingenfelter and Hennessey and got nowhere after a good conversation with Hennessey. I see that Lingenfelter has a sway bar and I don't yet know if it will fit. I need to revisit that possibility with them later. I am still looking for coilovers and not making much progress. I have a rwd, not awd.

I may end up fabricating a sway bar myself. I own a metal fabrication shop and just might make an attempt at this bad boy.

That would be awesome! Let us know how it goes...

tinman
02-25-13, 04:29 PM
I will do that Michael. How's Kate? She still a hottie?

Michael_atDell
02-25-13, 06:55 PM
I will do that Michael. How's Kate? She still a hottie?

She is, needs her grill repainted though...

CTSILLAC
04-19-13, 12:44 PM
Have you contacted D3? They have a list of sway bars and suspension stuff in the V6 CTS category. I'd see what they have to say.

http://www.d3cadillac.com/

Overclock This
04-19-13, 02:18 PM
Have you contacted D3? They have a list of sway bars and suspension stuff in the V6 CTS category. I'd see what they have to say.

http://www.d3cadillac.com/

It looks like the sway bars are for the V unless they're interchangable.
I wonder if there is any difference between ours and the V. If they're beefier; it should be a simple upgrade.

Jagillac
04-19-13, 05:00 PM

Hey tinman, I didn't notice this thread before or I would have said something but KW Coilovers have a set of their V3 coilovers systems for our V6 caddis. Look into them if your still on the hunt. Not the cheapest coilovers systems but iv heard amazing things about them.