: 2006 ESV DIC in Arabic

escalade addict
02-18-13, 09:23 PM
I know this Escalade was imported from Canada. The previous owner was a local Emirate Arab who apparently must have imported this truck from Nova Scotia, as the inspection sticker on the windshield says so.

My problem is: DIC is in Arabic. The Nav has been replaced with a brandless aftermarket DVD/Nav unit. The only button that works on my steering wheel control is the gas usage button so I can't change the language back to English. The manual says to hold both the customization and trip info button together for 5 secs or so to change the language. But since the Nav has been tampered with, I can't use those buttons anymore.
I went to two GM/acdelco shops here and one of them said that the wirings can be fixed and the other said that it can't be fixed due to the security lock programed on the oem Nav that was replaced.

So who was telling the truth? Is there any way around to fix this problem? I have read other threads about installing something to bypass the anti theft lock system.

Sound system still works great. all channels working, amp is still doing the job. The only problem is that cd changer is not connected to the HU anymore. But it still ejects and changes CDs. I'm not too concerned with this. It would be great if this gets fixed too but my main concern is how to get theDIC back to English.

Any help and comments are welcome. Thanks again.

kaiseresko
02-19-13, 10:41 AM
why not just find a used unit off ebay and try it out? Many people here have swapped out their regular h/u for someone else's NAV unit and never had any problems.

the cadillac man
02-19-13, 11:03 AM
I know this Escalade was imported from Canada. The previous owner was a local Emirate Arab who apparently must have imported this truck from Nova Scotia, as the inspection sticker on the windshield says so.

My problem is: DIC is in Arabic. The Nav has been replaced with a brandless aftermarket DVD/Nav unit. The only button that works on my steering wheel control is the gas usage button so I can't change the language back to English. The manual says to hold both the customization and trip info button together for 5 secs or so to change the language. But since the Nav has been tampered with, I can't use those buttons anymore.
I went to two GM/acdelco shops here and one of them said that the wirings can be fixed and the other said that it can't be fixed due to the security lock programed on the oem Nav that was replaced.

So who was telling the truth? Is there any way around to fix this problem? I have read other threads about installing something to bypass the anti theft lock system.

Sound system still works great. all channels working, amp is still doing the job. The only problem is that cd changer is not connected to the HU anymore. But it still ejects and changes CDs. I'm not too concerned with this. It would be great if this gets fixed too but my main concern is how to get theDIC back to English.

Any help and comments are welcome. Thanks again.

Escalade addict I have a cd/cass radio I pulled from my 03 when I upgraded to the nav if you are interested in buying it as that is why the cd changer don't play and possibly what is causing the other issue

escalade addict
02-28-13, 08:26 AM
Problem solved . Just pushed and held down odometer stem for 4 sec. But DIC should be on odometer mode for this to work. Then, Like a magic, the English language appeared before my eyes. Got the solution from the manual. Thanks for the reply though.