: So which Motor Mounts and Diff Bushings are the Consensus Go-To these days?

thebigjimsho
02-18-13, 09:10 PM
Got a friend who just picked up an '04 that needs motor mounts. I told him about the diff bushing, as well. I'll try to get him to sign up here.

I had a set of stock mounts replace my originals, done by ewill at Lindsay. So on this I have no firsthand knowledge.

Yuck it up, guise! Show me what's for...

rand49er
02-18-13, 09:45 PM
I have a set of UUC MMs gathering dust (my OEMs are fine), but it seems there are at least a couple of other solutions out there, at least one with which transmits some noise, I believe.

thebigjimsho
02-18-13, 09:48 PM
What was the issue with the UUC? I remember some early ones failed. Was there a redesign later?

There is a set of Creative Steel in the classifieds, but I like the feedback from RevShift...

FoD
02-18-13, 09:55 PM
Only negative I can say about Revshift is slow delivery (lately)...the rest is overwhelmingly positive. My MM, Trans Insert and Diff bushing are great, transmit minimal vibration, and no more noticeable noise than with OEM parts. I purchased all blue mounts. The reviews state the reds transmit slightly more vibrations.

FuzzyLogic
02-18-13, 10:01 PM
Revshift. Overwhelmingly.

rand49er
02-18-13, 11:30 PM
What was the issue with the UUC? I remember some early ones failed. Was there a redesign later?

There is a set of Creative Steel in the classifieds, but I like the feedback from RevShift...Mine are the updated redesign from Luke. I think FoD and Fuzzy are up on this more than I am. RevShift is probably cheaper, too.

odla
02-18-13, 11:48 PM
I have had the creative steel ones in my dd/track car for over 1.5 years. No problems. I just put them in my silver wife's car a couple months ago. No problems so far.

thebigjimsho
02-19-13, 12:28 AM
I'll let him know about the CS in the classifieds and of RevShift. I read up in some of the RevShift threads and I like their response to rants(undeserved, it seems).

Thanks for the responses, guise!

Heavybody
02-19-13, 10:29 PM
I have the CS no issues a small amount of vibration on shutdown but a huge improvement over the stock junk ...

The whole car used to shudder on shutdown

HAMSTAR
02-19-13, 10:33 PM
Is your friend very handsome, hardcore and appreciative of metal that swivels? If so, UMI mounts.

PISNUOFF
02-20-13, 03:40 PM
My revshift motor mounts have broken free (the top mount rotates) after one month of use. I suppose it doesn't matter as long as they don't pull up and down. I haven't removed the bolts and separated them from the mounts yet nor have I removed the header wrap from them to see exactly what has happened. I'm not buying all the hype over revshift stuff just yet. Maybe he will see this post and debunk the myth of them rotating.

HAMSTAR
02-20-13, 04:00 PM
UMI, and never worry again. no need for heat protection, either.

Revshift
02-20-13, 04:33 PM
My revshift motor mounts have broken free (the top mount rotates) after one month of use. I suppose it doesn't matter as long as they don't pull up and down. I haven't removed the bolts and separated them from the mounts yet nor have I removed the header wrap from them to see exactly what has happened. I'm not buying all the hype over revshift stuff just yet. Maybe he will see this post and debunk the myth of them rotating.

The debunking joke was entertaining the first time you said it. :)

If the bolt is spinning in the motor mount then that would be a good candidate for our free replacement guarantee. You would be the first too. Please contact us directly if you have any issues with our parts.

FuzzyLogic
02-20-13, 04:47 PM

If the bolt is spinning in the motor mount then that would be a good candidate for our free replacement guarantee. You would be the first too. Please contact us directly if you have any issues with our parts.

If you can build something that PISNUOFF can't break, you know it's bulletproof. How he manages to break 1000 HP axles in a 500 HP car, I'll never know.

HAMSTAR
02-20-13, 04:54 PM
^ and all on a stock diff. They probably woopsied some adamantium into that batch of steel in the foundry.

Sooner-V
02-20-13, 05:11 PM
18k miles on my CS motor mounts, diff bushing and diff block with no complaints. Smoothed out all of my major driveline clunk.

PISNUOFF
02-20-13, 05:28 PM

I just like to say debunk. Lol

If you can build something that PISNUOFF can't break, you know it's bulletproof. How he manages to break 1000 HP axles in a 500 HP car, I'll never know.

Both DSS axles broken with a cam that looks like this. Wtf

http://i1125.photobucket.com/albums/l586/bruckde/65E0E91A-FE6E-41CD-AA78-AC3EBB8FD12D-1957-000002E12139ADA5.jpg

trukk
02-20-13, 05:47 PM
UMI, and never worry again. no need for heat protection, either.

Went through 3 sets of UUC mounts (original proto type, first prod run, and 'yellow' run). Have a set of UMI waiting to go on. They look indestructerable! Time will tell. Doing UMI tranny mount as well while doing engine mounts, will swap out UUC mount.

Still have my UUC diff bushing. Haven't checked it lately.

-Chris

OneFast V
02-20-13, 09:44 PM
Went through 3 sets of UUC mounts (original proto type, first prod run, and 'yellow' run). Have a set of UMI waiting to go on. They look indestructerable! Time will tell. Doing UMI tranny mount as well while doing engine mounts, will swap out UUC mount.

Still have my UUC diff bushing. Haven't checked it lately.

-Chris

UMI tranny mount, is that new??

fre1102
02-21-13, 09:00 PM
There is a set of Creative Steel in the classifieds, but I like the feedback from RevShift...

Where are the CS ones in the classifieds? I only see a set of UUCs, but the seller doesn't respond to email or messages via the forum.

If anyone wants to offload a set, I'm buying.

trukk
02-22-13, 10:58 AM
UMI tranny mount, is that new??

Sorry, it's a Creative Steel tranny mount. Bought from Yooper when he had is big part out sale. NIB.

-Chris

acaringnihilist
02-23-13, 08:44 AM
I have a set of Revshift Blues for sale if anyone wants them, new and never used. The car is for sale and I never had the chance to install them.

Chris Cornett
02-23-13, 01:15 PM
Do you have the silicon sleeves as well? If so I may be interested.

JDB
02-23-13, 07:09 PM
Do you have the silicon sleeves as well? If so I may be interested.

No, and he wants basically what it costs directly from RevShift minus $5 and includes shipping. Skip.

PISNUOFF
02-23-13, 07:24 PM
$5 off and no long wait from revshift. Sounds like a deal to me.

FuzzyLogic
02-23-13, 07:26 PM
$5 off and no long wait from revshift. Sounds like a deal to me.

No warranty if you do it that way.

JDB
02-23-13, 08:16 PM
No warranty if you do it that way.

Thank you!

PISNUOFF
02-23-13, 08:21 PM
Really? Has he stated that? As many know, I am not a fan but I wasn't asked when or where I bought them because they are both broken.

JDB
02-23-13, 08:26 PM
Really? Has he stated that? As many know, I am not a fan but I wasn't asked when or where I bought them because they are both broken.

Has who stated what? That the seller is $5 off retail or that RevShift wouldn't forward the warranty?

The fact that you have broken ones, further compounds the reason to buy new than save $5.

FuzzyLogic
02-23-13, 08:43 PM

Unless otherwise stated, warranties are only valid for the original purchaser. Standard operating procedure almost every product and company I've encountered. Did you purchase your motor mounts secondhand? If so, you might have been given special treatment because of your high profile member status, or the guy that you dealt with may have forgotten to ask for proof of purchase. Alternately, they may have looked you up in their system.

https://www.revshift.com/shop/terms-conditions.php

D3l7a3ch0
02-23-13, 10:46 PM
Revshift. you'll just have to wait three to four weeks

they recommended I use the second-to-hardest material, and I think it was a conservative call. I wouldn't mind some more rumble and wouldn't mind trying the race ones.

I have a thread about my install somewhere here...........

oh, no I don't. I think it was mod-kung fu'd

Revshift
02-24-13, 01:51 AM
Revshift. you'll just have to wait three to four weeks

As of this weekend, we are now down to a 24-48 hour ship time.

D3l7a3ch0
02-24-13, 03:10 AM
rev. buddy. underpromise, overdeliver.

PISNUOFF
02-24-13, 08:49 AM
Has who stated what? That the seller is $5 off retail or that RevShift wouldn't forward the warranty?

The fact that you have broken ones, further compounds the reason to buy new than save $5.

Wow! I can't win. Mention something negative about them and get blasted by the "latest and greatest new product nut swingers". Slightly stick up for them and get it too. Haha.

I totally agree with both sides of this. I would be willing to buy them new from someone who never installed them just to help the person out. In the grand scheme of things the small price of a broken motor mount is really that much.

The fact that mine are damaged just proves that no product is perfect. I understand, more than probably anyone else, that aftermarket parts break. Small companies simply do not have the resources for durability testing. Some don't even think to put them on a few cars and let customers product test before they bring a new product to market. Wait a second, was I just defending them again? Crap, I'm going back to bed.

----------

Unless otherwise stated, warranties are only valid for the original purchaser. Standard operating procedure almost every product and company I've encountered. Did you purchase your motor mounts secondhand? If so, you might have been given special treatment because of your high profile member status, or the guy that you dealt with may have forgotten to ask for proof of purchase. Alternately, they may have looked you up in their system.

https://www.revshift.com/shop/terms-conditions.php

Debunked again. Rats!! Lol

I purchased mine directly from them. I have dealt with many companies that have helped me out with replacing their broken parts even though I was not the original purchaser. I just got my second axle replaced under warranty when I purchased them used. I did tell them up front that I bought them used.

I completely replaced a shifter that was installed for nearly three years. If you stand behind your product it shouldn't matter who or where you purchased it from.

Revshift
02-24-13, 10:25 AM
Wow! I can't win. Mention something negative about them and get blasted by the "latest and greatest new product nut swingers". Slightly stick up for them and get it too. Haha.

I totally agree with both sides of this. I would be willing to buy them new from someone who never installed them just to help the person out. In the grand scheme of things the small price of a broken motor mount is really that much.

The fact that mine are damaged just proves that no product is perfect. I understand, more than probably anyone else, that aftermarket parts break. Small companies simply do not have the resources for durability testing. Some don't even think to put them on a few cars and let customers product test before they bring a new product to market. Wait a second, was I just defending them again? Crap, I'm going back to bed.

If you stand behind your product it shouldn't matter who or where you purchased it from.

You are the only one here claiming to have broken mounts. Although, you said you have not inspected them to see if they are actually broken. IF they are broken then you can contact us directly and we will send you new ones for free. I don't know where you are getting the idea that we don't stand behind our products.

We do a lot of R&D on our parts. We do not sell things without testing them. There still has been no broken CTS-V motor mounts reported to us, aside from yours which you haven't confirmed yet.

-----------------------------------

We will not be run off. If anyone has a question or an issue just contact us and we will help you out.

PISNUOFF
02-24-13, 01:35 PM
Nobody wants to run you off. Read all this again and understand that I wasn't saying you would not warranty anything, someone else posted a copy of your warranty policy. I have no idea where you came up with the claim that I said you wouldn't warranty my mounts.

robojesus
02-24-13, 01:48 PM
You are the only one here claiming to have broken mounts. Although, you said you have not inspected them to see if they are actually broken. IF they are broken then you can contact us directly and we will send you new ones for free. I don't know where you are getting the idea that we don't stand behind our products.

We do a lot of R&D on our parts. We do not sell things without testing them. There still has been no broken CTS-V motor mounts reported to us, aside from yours which you haven't confirmed yet.

-----------------------------------

We will not be run off. If anyone has a question or an issue just contact us and we will help you out.

I don't think he's trying to run you off as much as get the people that are nutswinging from you to ease up a little bit... (no brand deserves nutswingers, you make a product and take our money, it's how business works.)

I personally own some of your products, and the quality is great. Unfortunately, I was unable to use two of them, so one I had to destroy removing (the trans mount insert made my flex disc smash off of my shifter linkage), and the aluminum driveshaft coupler (which I took out when I removed the trans insert because honestly, i didn't feel like ****ing with it anymore). However, the combination of the trailing arm bushings and cradles bushings, with gforce1320 axles, has allowed me to do 4000 rpm clutch dumps and not hop a bit - literally - not one bit.

http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/563307_10152579735775361_501790507_n.jpg

Also, your products are so new that I'm not so sure that people who have your aftermarket mounts were in the mood to drop their headers and go through the headaches of taking the new mount out, just for inspection. PISNUOFF has had to take his engine out, meaning he's likely one of the few, if not the only, person who had to remove the mounts after having them in the car.

And I don't think you've answered PISNUOFF's question yet, is it normal for them to turn?

Revshift
02-24-13, 02:01 PM
I would like PISNMEOFF (hehe, jk) to let me know some details about his motor mounts, privately, so that I can better understand what the situation is. I am not sure what he means when he says they turn. I picture them spinning and if that's the case then the bolts are loose and need to be torqued down. That is all I can tell from the info provided so far. I request that he messages me privately because then we could figure out the situation without going back and forth for everyone to eat popcorn over. Once we figure it out then I am fine with him posting up the outcome.

robojesus
02-24-13, 02:05 PM
since i hate this flex disc, will you return it for me?

PISNUOFF
02-24-13, 02:07 PM
Yup. I installed them wrong. Haha

The nuts are still tight on the brackets and the top brackets rotate in relation to the bottom bracket.

Revshift
02-24-13, 02:12 PM
Yup. I installed them wrong. Haha

That's not what I am saying at all. You said that the "top mount is turning". I don't understand what you mean by that and I have been trying to get a better explanation out of you for the past two days now. I don't know if the mounts are still installed or if they are out of the car. Please just pm me with more details so we can prevent this from turning into a bigger misunderstanding.

robojesus
02-24-13, 02:28 PM
Revshift, if it makes any real difference, I was able to run the 40 yard dash in 4.445 seconds.

JimmyH
02-24-13, 02:29 PM
Boy, nothing has changed around here, has it. :nono:

PISNUOFF
02-24-13, 02:43 PM
That's not what I am saying at all. You said that the "top mount is turning". I don't understand what you mean by that and I have been trying to get a better explanation out of you for the past two days now. I don't know if the mounts are still installed or if they are out of the car. Please just pm me with more details so we can prevent this from turning into a bigger misunderstanding.

Ok. I'll go to my shop after the race and look at them. It's really the lowest on my priority list as I won't need them until I build a completely new motor.

Revshift
02-24-13, 03:04 PM
Ok. I'll go to my shop after the race and look at them. It's really the lowest on my priority list as I won't need them until I build a completely new motor.

Thank you for the PM. I understand the situation now and we will take care of it for you. The failure is minor and replacements will be sent pending a little more customer info.

------------------------------

Everyone can relax. Our fingers are not on the missile launch buttons. We can all get along.

fre1102
02-24-13, 05:03 PM
Thank you for the PM. I understand the situation now and we will take care of it for you. The failure is minor and replacements will be sent pending a little more customer info.

As a potential customer, I'd like to know details of the failure.

Revshift
02-24-13, 05:25 PM
As a potential customer, I'd like to know details of the failure.

The mounts didn't actually break but the bolt spins inside the mount. The bolt will not pull out of the mount because it is anchored inside. We have been taking measure to adhere the internal metal better as of a few months ago. I dont think this will be a common issue. We are always looking for ways to make better parts, so, stuff like this always gets addressed. Its nothing that requires a design change, just a couple extra steps in the manufacturing process involving some chemicals to promote adhesion. Like I said, nothing major, just a spinning bolt. Free replacements will be sent and then problem solved.

JDB
02-24-13, 06:26 PM

----------

Debunked again. Rats!! Lol

I purchased mine directly from them. I have dealt with many companies that have helped me out with replacing their broken parts even though I was not the original purchaser. I just got my second axle replaced under warranty when I purchased them used. I did tell them up front that I bought them used.

I completely replaced a shifter that was installed for nearly three years. If you stand behind your product it shouldn't matter who or where you purchased it from.

Unless I'm missing something, I don't understand your response to my post. I only asked you to clarify who you were talking about (the seller who has a new set of RevShift MMs or RevShift).

My point was that I don't think it's worth saving ONLY $5 to possibly lose a warranty with RevShift just to "help someone out" sell their parts from the classifieds. Sure, that helps the seller, but how does that help a buyer? (me) Should a MM fail, I'm out buying a new one or a pair all because I took a chance by saving $5 and helping someone. No thanks. That's not fair to a buyer, imo. If a buyer needs to buy another mount to replace one that would've been covered under warranty, then the price of the "used" new part(s) should reflect the price. Or, RevShift should take them back for a re-shelving fee.

As far as RevShift or any manufacturer standing behind their projects, I personally don't understand why re-selling a part to someone else means the warranty is now void. To me, that's not standing behind your product. I bought my V used private party and GM was fine with carrying the CPO warranty they gave the 2nd owner. It's still the same car / parts made by the same manufacturer. That said, I've had aftermarket manufacturers back their warranty as the second owner... Corsa was one of them. My resonator cracked at the weld and they replaced it, even after I told them I bought the exhaust used.

:grouphug:

robojesus
02-24-13, 06:38 PM
The mounts didn't actually break but the bolt spins inside the mount. The bolt will not pull out of the mount because it is anchored inside. We have been taking measure to adhere the internal metal better as of a few months ago. I dont think this will be a common issue. We are always looking for ways to make better parts, so, stuff like this always gets addressed. Its nothing that requires a design change, just a couple extra steps in the manufacturing process involving some chemicals to promote adhesion. Like I said, nothing major, just a spinning bolt. Free replacements will be sent and then problem solved.

the problem still persists about my driveshaft coupler hitting my shifter with your trans insert.

HAMSTAR
02-24-13, 07:09 PM
Why is anyone chiming in with advice on sale price for a second hand item? Let the fully-grown adult buyer pay what he wants.

Unless I'm missing something, I don't understand your response to my post. I only asked you to clarify who you were talking about (the seller who has a new set of RevShift MMs or RevShift).

My point was that I don't think it's worth saving ONLY $5 to possibly lose a warranty with RevShift just to "help someone out" sell their parts from the classifieds. Sure, that helps the seller, but how does that help a buyer? (me) Should a MM fail, I'm out buying a new one or a pair all because I took a chance by saving $5 and helping someone. No thanks. That's not fair to a buyer, imo. If a buyer needs to buy another mount to replace one that would've been covered under warranty, then the price of the "used" new part(s) should reflect the price. Or, RevShift should take them back for a re-shelving fee.

As far as RevShift or any manufacturer standing behind their projects, I personally don't understand why re-selling a part to someone else means the warranty is now void. To me, that's not standing behind your product. I bought my V used private party and GM was fine with carrying the CPO warranty they gave the 2nd owner. It's still the same car / parts made by the same manufacturer. That said, I've had aftermarket manufacturers back their warranty as the second owner... Corsa was one of them. My resonator cracked at the weld and they replaced it, even after I told them I bought the exhaust used.

FuzzyLogic
02-24-13, 07:15 PM
As far as RevShift or any manufacturer standing behind their projects, I personally don't understand why re-selling a part to someone else means the warranty is now void. To me, that's not standing behind your product.

Because it's hard to track the date of sale and because the original owner could mistreat / improperly install the product. Then the second owner of the product calls the manufacturer, blames them for the failure, and demands a refund. This is especially true in the electronics industry.

fre1102
02-24-13, 07:37 PM

We should keep a list of manufacturers that honor the warranty even if bought second hand. I'd buy off that list exclusively. If you stand behind your product, it shouldn't matter a whit who actually gave you the money for it. If it's lifetime, that's lifetime of the part, not my ownership of it. Likewise, two years (or whatever period/mileage/whatever) is two years, even if the car is sold in the interim. That sort of thing just tells me you don't really believe in your product, you're just looking for a way to avoid honoring a warranty.

Guess I'll put Corsa on the list for an exhaust. That's actually kind of cool, because I was having a hard time choosing between Borla and Corsa.

If I made something, I'd almost think a lifetime guarantee would make it easier--if you've got the thing, and it's broken, I'll fix it. No need to tell when you bought it, of it you bought it from me, or whatever. Just give it to me and here's your new one. I'd hate to screw around with some sort of mileage or hour guarantee. It'd be a nightmare on an aftermarket product. Likewise, if you guarantee it for life and don't honor it because the claimant isn't the original purchaser, as a buyer, I hear, "we don't expect it to last that long and hope you sell it first." No thanks.

Do any MM vendors honor warranties regardless of original ownership? That'd make that call easier too.

----------

Because it's hard to track the date of sale and because the original owner could mistreat / improperly install the product. Then the second owner of the product calls the manufacturer, blames them for the failure, and demands a refund. This is especially true in the electronics industry.

Then don't offer a lifetime warranty. If I'm the original owner and I mistreat it but you'll give me a new one, then you should give the guy that buys it a new one too. The point of a lifetime warranty is "we think it's so good that it'll last forever, no matter what you do." If you can't say that, don't offer the lifetime guarantee. I'll agree that many failures are the fault of the installer/user. But if that's the case, don't offer the warranty.

I buy motorcycle parts from a shop that'll warranty them if they install them. If they don't, they won't. I'm fine with that, because it says explicitly that the installation is the key thing. If you ship me something and say it's got a lifetime guarantee, that says you're backing your part no matter what. It should not at all matter if I sell the part to someone else. That second sale does nothing to the part itself. If you're worried I'm an idiot (or he's an idiot) when I/he install it, don't warranty it.

A warranty voided by a sale isn't a warranty to me. It's a company looking for a way to not stand behind their products. If you'll honor a warranty for me when I screw up the install (bad call in my opinion, but it's your call to make), then you you should honor it for this other guy when I sell it to him after I screw up the install.

A better idea would be to say they won't warranty anything they don't install themselves, if the installation is that big a deal.

HAMSTAR
02-24-13, 07:57 PM
Creative steel is one year to original purchaser.

UMI is two years for the original purchaser.

fre1102
02-24-13, 08:08 PM
So that leaves UUC and Revshift, I guess.

Those UMI ones look tough. I guess I'll just go with the longest warranty then.

HAMSTAR
02-24-13, 08:17 PM
UUC is out of the game.

The UMIs even come with grease fittings so you can grease gun them periodically. I'm a big fan of those mounts.

fre1102
02-24-13, 09:22 PM
UUC is out of the game.

They're out of the game? Like out of business?

The UMIs even come with grease fittings so you can grease gun them periodically. I'm a big fan of those mounts.

Yeah, I noticed the fittings. They're pricey, but if they're good and they last, that's money well spent.

HAMSTAR
02-24-13, 09:49 PM
They're out of the game? Like out of business?

lol, no. they just don't make motor mounts or diff bushing or shift knob for the V any more. all they make for us is the shifter.

JDB
02-24-13, 10:15 PM
Why is anyone chiming in with advice on sale price for a second hand item? Let the fully-grown adult buyer pay what he wants.

So you'd pay $140 shipped for a $149.99 product with no warranty ? No you wouldn't.

Be honest with yourself.

Revshift
02-24-13, 10:33 PM
We have warrantied parts for a second owner in the past. Although, it is not a common request at all. It really depends on the situation. Our warranty for the original purchaser is that if the mounts break then we will replace them for free. Guaranteed. We do require proof of the failure since we cant just send out new parts whenever someone claims they have broken parts. Now, for a second hand owner, we will ask where he/she purchased them, when, what condition were they in when purchased, and finally we would require them to be sent back to us for inspection. We then would most likely extend the warranty to that person as long as we feel they aren't trying to pull a fast one on us. The reasoning behind this is that anyone could claim they bought our parts from someone when they actually didn't buy anything and they are just trying to get free parts. Not that we don't trust you guys but we have to watch out for shysters just like everyone else.

fre1102
02-24-13, 10:52 PM
We have warrantied parts for a second owner in the past. Although, it is not a common request at all. It really depends on the situation. Our warranty for the original purchaser is that if the mounts break then we will replace them for free. Guaranteed. We do require proof of the failure since we cant just send out new parts whenever someone claims they have broken parts. Now, for a second hand owner, we will ask where he/she purchased them, when, what condition were they in when purchased, and finally we would require them to be sent back to us for inspection. We then would most likely extend the warranty to that person as long as we feel they aren't trying to pull a fast one on us. The reasoning behind this is that anyone could claim they bought our parts from someone when they actually didn't buy anything and they are just trying to get free parts. Not that we don't trust you guys but we have to watch out for shysters just like everyone else.

I'm not at all saying they shouldn't have to provide the old part(s). But if a company offers a lifetime guarantee and I have the old broken part in my hand, I'd want to leave with a new, not broken part. And without the old part, of course.

I don't understand companies not honoring a lifetime guarantee, but I don't understand anyone that thinks they can call a vendor and say,"Hey, it's broke, send me a new one" without turning over the old parts as well.

HAMSTAR
02-24-13, 11:22 PM
Of course not. My point is that no one needs that pointed out to them.

So you'd pay $140 shipped for a $149.99 product with no warranty ? No you wouldn't.

Be honest with yourself.

JDB
02-24-13, 11:55 PM
Typically I wouldn't mess with someone's classifieds ad, but I "pointed it out" (on another forum) because I'm a prospective buyer. ...I have Kooks headers ready to go in and buying the while you're in there parts.

I'll be buying directly from RevShift.

trukk
02-25-13, 12:57 PM
UUC is out of the game.

I went with UMI's as well asfter 2 sets of OEM, and 3 sets of UUC's. There is no way for the UMI's to strip out (like the UUCs). I expect the NVH to be a lot more from the UMI's than the standard north/south design of the other mounts, but I'm *SICK* of changing motor mounts. I want this problem done and taken care of.

NOTE: I still have these sitting in the box, uninstalled. Not sure when I'll get around to putting them in.

-Chris

HAMSTAR
02-25-13, 01:08 PM
I went with UMI's as well asfter 2 sets of OEM, and 3 sets of UUC's. There is no way for the UMI's to strip out (like the UUCs). I expect the NVH to be a lot more from the UMI's than the standard north/south design of the other mounts, but I'm *SICK* of changing motor mounts. I want this problem done and taken care of.

NOTE: I still have these sitting in the box, uninstalled. Not sure when I'll get around to putting them in.

-Chris

The NVH is there, but I don't notice it any more. Usually, if I get another car guy in the passenger seat, they'll make a comment. I am not yet cammed, however. I haven't heard any reports from cammed folks running these mounts. I think they may actually be better for the engine and accessories, since the engine will not shake around in the bay, but the movement will be dampened by the entire body of the car. How camming with affect NVH, I don't know. Are you cammed?

trukk
02-25-13, 01:51 PM
The NVH is there, but I don't notice it any more. Usually, if I get another car guy in the passenger seat, they'll make a comment. I am not yet cammed, however. I haven't heard any reports from cammed folks running these mounts. I think they may actually be better for the engine and accessories, since the engine will not shake around in the bay, but the movement will be dampened by the entire body of the car. How camming with affect NVH, I don't know. Are you cammed?

LOL, that would be a YES on the cam (nothing crazy, but do have a 111 overlap, so it's a bit lumpy.) Quite frankly, I don't care about the NVH. I just want to not have to deal with motor mounts EVER AGAIN.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YfmyP5xpG34

-Chris

HAMSTAR
02-25-13, 03:53 PM
Oh yeah, I remember now. You got your tune done with Jeff Lowry, right? He remembered you when I got my tune there, too. Too bad my dyno run burned down with his shop before he could send me the graphs...

Anyway, so it sounds like UMIs are for you.

fre1102
02-25-13, 03:54 PM

-Chris

Or just sell them to me... :D

I mean, they might sit there another year before you get around to installing them. Wouldn't you rather have some cash now?

JDB
02-25-13, 04:25 PM

I mean, they might sit there another year before you get around to installing them. Wouldn't you rather have some cash now?

Or me :bump:

I'll offer $5.01 under retail :duck:

HAMSTAR
02-25-13, 04:28 PM

Haha, that's a terrible idea, lol

fre1102
02-25-13, 04:28 PM

I'll offer $20 under retail! Beat that, JDB.

trukk
02-25-13, 04:57 PM
haha guys.

I'll hang on to these. Just need to get around to making it happen. Had these sitting around a while, just like my Alradco.

-Chris

thebigjimsho
03-03-13, 12:39 AM
What a bunch of morons you ghais are...

My friend got his V, bought the Revshift mounts and had them installed in a couple of days. He likes them a lot.

D3l7a3ch0
03-03-13, 12:49 AM

I have a structured settlement and I need cash nooowwwww

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HlL3y3j8ofc

trukk
03-03-13, 03:12 PM
What a bunch of morons you ghais are...

My friend got his V, bought the Revshift mounts and had them installed in a couple of days. He likes them a lot.

Big Jim: interwebs moron expert since 1994. True story.

-Chris

thebigjimsho
03-04-13, 01:33 PM
Thanks, Chirs!

odla
03-04-13, 02:14 PM
He should be on Hollywood true stories.

fre1102
03-04-13, 05:20 PM
I just ordered the motor mounts, diff. bushing, trans mount, and diff. block from Creative Steel. Revshift was cheaper, but I had a hard time actually placing an order with them, so I gave up and got them from CS. I'm looking forward to seeing how well they work.

Revshift
03-04-13, 07:25 PM
I just ordered the motor mounts, diff. bushing, trans mount, and diff. block from Creative Steel. Revshift was cheaper, but I had a hard time actually placing an order with them, so I gave up and got them from CS. I'm looking forward to seeing how well they work.

... You should have called us.

FuzzyLogic
03-04-13, 07:25 PM

Get ready to replace them in 12 months with Revshift stuff. Personal experience.

fre1102
03-04-13, 08:29 PM
... You should have called us.

I did. It was the phone call that actually got me to give up and call Creative Steel.

Get ready to replace them in 12 months with Revshift stuff. Personal experience.

Really...

Why? The CS stuff just isn't good? Is it just the motor mounts, or the trans. mount and diff. bushing and block as well?

I have to call Luke tomorrow anyway, maybe he has some of the yellow ones laying around still.

My brother has been saying his feel squishy too--if we're going to do his too I don't want to do them wrong, again.

I decided against the badass ones from UMI--they look like the absolute solution, but they also look like they're a little more solid than I want in my street car.

Revshift
03-04-13, 09:15 PM
I did. It was the phone call that actually got me to give up and call Creative Steel.

We return calls when a message is left. A lot of people don't seem to realize that we aren't distributors just sitting in an office all day. We manufacture all of our parts from scratch. We process the chemicals to make the polyurethane, turn all of the bushing sleeves, cnc mill the flex discs, weld all the motor mount assemblies, and so on. We do it all ourselves. Not one single thing is outsourced. So, we can't always get to the phone when it rings. We really do try but its just not possible to stop a machine or stop processing chemicals every time we get a call.

I'm sorry you decided against us but next time, if we don't answer, just leave a message and we will call you back asap. Hopefully, if you guys keep supporting us, we can get a secretary to answer the phones. :thumbsup:

fre1102
03-04-13, 10:14 PM
We return calls when a message is left.

I'm sorry you decided against us but next time, if we don't answer, just leave a message and we will call you back asap. Hopefully, if you guys keep supporting us, we can get a secretary to answer the phones. :thumbsup:

A guy answered the phone--I didn't have to leave a message.

silentwig
03-04-13, 11:33 PM
http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view/552541/bunny-eats-popcorn-o.gif

izcain
03-05-13, 12:00 AM

So why not order from them then if someone did answer?

Revshift
03-05-13, 12:59 AM

Scott! Yes, I remember your call. I still have your info on my desk. You called and started to place an order, you gave almost all of your info and then we got disconnected somehow. We called you back and didn't get an answer. We never heard from you again.

fre1102
03-05-13, 10:37 AM
=We called you back and didn't get an answer. We never heard from you again.

Yeah, I was on the phone with Creative Steel when you called. Was that you on the phone?

Revshift
03-05-13, 12:30 PM
Yeah, I was on the phone with Creative Steel when you called. Was that you on the phone?

No, you were speaking with Adam, I am John. Did you get offended by something that was said? I believe you inquired about shipping prices for a trans insert and when Adam began to tell you the prices for standard priority mail and express mail you were disconnected before he could explain it all. What happened?

fre1102
03-05-13, 08:27 PM
No, you were speaking with Adam, I am John. Did you get offended by something that was said? I believe you inquired about shipping prices for a trans insert and when Adam began to tell you the prices for standard priority mail and express mail you were disconnected before he could explain it all. What happened?

Ah. I'll send you a p.m. No need to drama teh internet.

repenttokyo
03-07-13, 04:14 PM

I had an issue ordering online too, but I called and they took my order over the phone without any problems.

H-town_V
03-07-13, 08:15 PM
So far so good... I ordered my trans mount from revshift sat night and it showed up today before I got home from school. The workmanship seems SoSo but what do I know...

Will see Tomm when I pop it in.

Are there any must knows for installing it?

HAMSTAR
03-07-13, 09:18 PM
If you're talking about the trans insert, it's molded from an acutual OEM trans mont. so the flaws in the OEM trans mount are transferred to the insert. Blame GM, lol

So far so good... I ordered my trans mount from revshift sat night and it showed up today before I got home from school. The workmanship seems SoSo but what do I know...

Will see Tomm when I pop it in.

Are there any must knows for installing it?