: STS-V Ride

Caroutisine
02-18-13, 11:46 AM
I've been kicking around the idea of getting a STS-V, I do miss my old STS V8 with MRC. Question is does the STS-V ride a lot stiffer than the regular STS with MRC? Does it have runflat tires from the factory? I hate runflats and can't remember if these cars had them or not. Prices on the V are getting so good it has me thinking abour getting one.

carter's_sts
02-18-13, 12:29 PM
Run Flats from the factory, but most people get rid of them. I can tell you that my V rides better than my regular STS with AWD, but I don't have MRC.

TimmyC
02-18-13, 01:43 PM
I've had all suspension levels the STS and the V is the stiffest. It's not a reason not too buy the car though. You get used to it right away.

Thunder Gray STS
02-18-13, 01:51 PM
It is substantially stiffer than any of the regular STS cars. It does come with run-flats, however, I took off the run-flat tires and put on regular tires and the ride improved substantially.

torched10
02-18-13, 03:14 PM
i think its a function of air pressure too.I fooled aroud with mine and run them 28 in frnt and 35 in back--still have runflats and have gotten 2 floats in 3 t=years

YoungBlood_STSV
02-19-13, 01:30 PM
In terms of %, I believe the V's springs are 15-20% stiffer than the base sedan. It has thicker sway bars too, if I'm remembering correctly.

As everyone has said, dumping the RFT's and playing with tire pressure helps the ride substantially. I actually run my tires a little high, 35/38...as the softer sidewall on regular tires seemed to cause premature wearing on the shoulders of the first set of tires I had when I inflated them to the specs listed on the door jam. I haven't had any tires issues at all in the past two years since changing to regular tires and upping the pressure by 4-6psi.

1BadCadSTS
02-20-13, 08:27 PM
In terms of %, I believe the V's springs are 15-20% stiffer than the base sedan. It has thicker sway bars too, if I'm remembering correctly.

As everyone has said, dumping the RFT's and playing with tire pressure helps the ride substantially. I actually run my tires a little high, 35/38...as the softer sidewall on regular tires seemed to cause premature wearing on the shoulders of the first set of tires I had when I inflated them to the specs listed on the door jam. I haven't had any tires issues at all in the past two years since changing to regular tires and upping the pressure by 4-6psi.

33 mm on 1sg v8 and 24 mm rear on awd same as v. V front is 36 mm.