: 2006 ESV drl socket fried

escalade addict
02-17-13, 07:29 PM
What's the part # for the socket? My passenger side drl socket fried the bulb terminal. Is LS94 the correct part number? Can anyone tell me how to replace this please? Or is this better than by pro? ThAnks for the help.

the cadillac man
02-17-13, 08:16 PM
What's the part # for the socket? My passenger side drl socket fried the bulb terminal. Is LS94 the correct part number? Can anyone tell me how to replace this please? Or is this better than by pro? ThAnks for the help.

I don't know if the socket can be bought separately but if you had led bulbs in the drls this wouldn't have happened

6lbsofSound
02-17-13, 09:23 PM
Any parts store will have replacement socket. You can either cut splice the new one or pry the connections out from the old one but you need a harness tool for that.

escalade addict
02-18-13, 03:07 AM
I don't know if the socket can be bought separately but if you had led bulbs in the drls this wouldn't have happened

I know man. Changing them to LEDs would be my next project . Thanks

----------

Any parts store will have replacement socket. You can either cut splice the new one or pry the connections out from the old one but you need a harness tool for that.

So splicing them wires would do the trick . Thanks man

the cadillac man
02-18-13, 03:27 AM
I know man. Changing them to LEDs would be my next project . Thanks

----------

So splicing them wires would do the trick . Thanks man

Mine was almost in need of being replaced but I switched to led before they got to that point
I am thinking of upgrading to brighter LEDs from www.superbrightleds.com

YoshiMan
02-18-13, 05:57 AM
The DRL sockets on mine were toast when i bought it. One of the bulbs was burned out, and so of course when I went to replace them, they cracked and crumbled all over the place.

The standardized replacement sockets that i purchased from the local auto part stores that LOOKED the same were too large to fit into the hole on the DRL lens. I ended up ordering the AIRTEX / WELLS Part # 1P1478 off of rockauto.com, which fit perfectly.

And like 6ibsofsound said, all you gotta do it hack off the old sockets and splice the new ones up. Its only two wires, so its simple.

And now that you guys are mentioning it, i never thought of changing them to LEDs... No heat = no socket degeneration... guess i'm making a run to the parts store tommorow!

the cadillac man
02-18-13, 11:12 AM
The DRL sockets on mine were toast when i bought it. One of the bulbs was burned out, and so of course when I went to replace them, they cracked and crumbled all over the place.

The standardized replacement sockets that i purchased from the local auto part stores that LOOKED the same were too large to fit into the hole on the DRL lens. I ended up ordering the AIRTEX / WELLS Part # 1P1478 off of rockauto.com, which fit perfectly.

And like 6ibsofsound said, all you gotta do it hack off the old sockets and splice the new ones up. Its only two wires, so its simple.

And now that you guys are mentioning it, i never thought of changing them to LEDs... No heat = no socket degeneration... guess i'm making a run to the parts store tommorow!

Yoshiman I got my led bulbs from here www.superbrightleds.com
And since I swapped mine out I haven't had any heat issues(I even installed a hid kit in the high beams) and no haze or melted sockets

YoshiMan
02-18-13, 01:07 PM
Good to know, thanks man!

RippyPartsDept
02-18-13, 01:54 PM
GM part number for the DRL socket/pigtail
$35.26 - list price
$22.04 - forum price

comes with heat-shrink butt connectors (as just about all GM pigtails do)

escalade addict
02-18-13, 09:21 PM

Alright, good to know. Thanks for the help Yoshiman.

----------

GM part number for the DRL socket/pigtail
$35.26 - list price
$22.04 - forum price

comes with heat-shrink butt connectors (as just about all GM pigtails do)

Thanks for the part # Rippy. I went to an ACDelco/GM parts store here and they sold the entire wire and socket assembly. Its probably the same as the one you mentioned.

Well thanks for all the reply guys. That really helped.

RippyPartsDept
02-19-13, 10:38 AM
yeah, that would be a pigtail (socket with the wires)