: Hesitation?

Cadispeedster
02-17-13, 02:15 AM
I'm pretty sure I'm in the correct area for this and hoping I'm using the correct word. Hesitation?

In between quick shifts, I have a bit of hesitation. Almost like there is something wrong with the tuning. The car is stock.

Seems every gear, 1st to 2nd, 2nd to 3rd... haven't really had a chance to push it beyond that. (seems smooth air fuel ratio throughout the gears)

I've tried to keep the gas floored and quick shift. Seems it's still doing it...

Thanks!

P.s. I've tried to search this... maybe I'm not using the correct term.

Bill Rubeck
02-17-13, 04:05 AM
Hesitation between quick shifts? Umm...no check engine light? Not sure what you are describing. Most diagnostic data would come from ecu (Engine computer), DTC'S or PID data. By the way I would take it easy with the "keep the gas floored between shifts"... Have a reliable tech that can check on it for you? 20+ years being an Auto Tech have taught me to get all info and verify concerns before guessing. Once again, only my opinion...hope you get your problem solved.

JDB
02-17-13, 09:31 AM
Is T/C coming on?

I wouldn't power shift these cars unless you have a better diff and axles.

darkman
02-17-13, 09:38 AM
You may be hitting the rev limiter. If it is not the rev limiter, check your fuel pressure and/or change the fuel filter.

thebigjimsho
02-17-13, 01:02 PM
The first few weeks I owned my V, the LS6 was so smooth I'd bump the rev limiter quite often. It always seemed like it had more...

rand49er
02-17-13, 02:24 PM
You may be hitting the rev limiter. ...This makes the most sense. The reason I so say is because I wouldn't have thought of it.

JDB
02-17-13, 05:51 PM
Agreed. And the rev limiter comes up.fast.

Cadispeedster
02-18-13, 12:24 AM
It's after the shift.

I'll shift from first to second and the very begging of second or whatever the gear, there is a lag of power.

I've ran into this issue with my mazda speedprotege, being turbo, and the main issue being a MAF (mass airflow sensor). Except with this you'll get a bucking with the car. It was an issue with air fuel sensing.

But with the 06 cadi-v, it's only a quick fuel cut sensation, no rev limiter. But after the quick cut it'll, in a sense, sense...? Then will pull fine.

I'll try changing the fuel filter and cleaning the fuel delivery system. But to me, it seems more of a sensing issue.

Hope this might help more, specially you Bill. And thanks!

Naf
02-18-13, 04:08 AM
You say the car is stock, have you tuned the car at all?
You mention the AFR is smooth, what is the number you are seeing?
What is your timing at the points of hesitation?
Have you cleaned the MAF, intake manifold, and injectors?
How old is the Airfilter?
What fuel are you running?

If you are just going by the stock o2 sensors i need you to tell me what your STFT and LTFT read while you are cruising around town, as well as a hard acceleration up to 4000rpm. If you have too much + trim then your tune is off, if its a lot of - trim its the same effect. It should be +/- 1-3.

PISNUOFF
02-18-13, 07:06 AM
^^^really??? Cadispeedster, please remember this is the Internet and be selective as to what/who you listen to.

The car is stock. The tune is fine, - ltft's wouldn't have anything to do with 'quick shifts'. I'm assuming the quick shifts are near wide open throttle. + ltft's would continue to add that much fuel during wot (power enrichment). If they were far enough + to make a difference during shifting, he would certainly notice all the time as it would be chugging at light throttle.

The tune does have 'Powerhop' protection. It senses rapid torque reversal and pulls timing. Do you notice any clunking at all? How's your diff bushings?

253ctsv
02-18-13, 12:14 PM
Sounds like traction control to me. If u turn it off be careful cuz shell get away from you in a hurry!

Cadispeedster
02-18-13, 10:23 PM
hmm... yeah maybe like a traction control or rev limiter.

It's like the fuel is getting cut. I'll shift quick and gas it then it's like the fuel is cut for a sec then goes again. But it doesn't display anything about the traction control being activated on the radio screen.

I'll try it again soon with traction off. ( in a wide open closed course... of course ;) )

253ctsv
02-19-13, 02:14 AM
hmm... yeah maybe like a traction control or rev limiter.

It's like the fuel is getting cut. I'll shift quick and gas it then it's like the fuel is cut for a sec then goes again. But it doesn't display anything about the traction control being activated on the radio screen.

I'll try it again soon with traction off. ( in a wide open closed course... of course ;) )

I'm telling u be careful or you'll end up sideways in a hurry lol

1yakini
02-19-13, 07:47 PM
yea man.. the TC will not open the throttle up like you want.. like these guys said, take it off and the rear end will find its way towards a curb everytime.

Heavybody
02-19-13, 08:10 PM
I shut my traction control and stability control off whenever I drive ( due to an unresolved sensor issue) as long as you don't drive beyond your abilities you will be fine.

The car is not going to be completely out of control because you turned off the TC... Not that you can't make it happen! But you can turn off the TC to find out if it is what is causing the issue.

It could also be torque management ( part of GM's tune) it takes away timing to protect the engine/drivetrain. It's was very noticeable in my Chevy trucks with automatics( feels like a delay from the gas pedal to the actual power) I have never noticed this in my V but I believe the previous owner had some tuning done.

Hope you figure it out