: ****HELP in North Jersey, need good trans mechanic...****

Starcc_CTS
02-16-13, 08:38 PM
Hello, paging any one who knows a good transmission mechanic. I'm located in North Jersey and my car isn't going into reverse. Did some resource research, discovered a incredible post where a member(sx54dx) took it upon his self to modify his shift linkage bushings and was extremely successful. Here's the link if you guys haven't come across this...www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-cts-first-generation-forum-2003/236161-no-reverse-fix-aisin-6-speed.html. I drove around today trying to find a mechanic to do this but none could assist me. I just received my front flex disc from Creative Steel, so I also need that installed as well. So if any members have any good transmission experts please let me know. I'm scheduled to move back to Georgia at the beginning of March so I really need to get this resolved ASAP. Thanx in advanced.

Cadillac Kid03
02-17-13, 07:37 AM
Hello, paging any one who knows a good transmission mechanic. I'm located in North Jersey and my car isn't going into reverse. Did some resource research, discovered a incredible post where a member(sx54dx) took it upon his self to modify his shift linkage bushings and was extremely successful. Here's the link if you guys haven't come across this...www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-cts-first-generation-forum-2003/236161-no-reverse-fix-aisin-6-speed.html. I drove around today trying to find a mechanic to do this but none could assist me. I just received my front flex disc from Creative Steel, so I also need that installed as well. So if any members have any good transmission experts please let me know. I'm scheduled to move back to Georgia at the beginning of March so I really need to get this resolved ASAP. Thanx in advanced.My guys at Greens Auto should fix that easy and not very expensive but not sure. Hes in Red Bank here's his site.....
http://www.greensperf.com/

CTSCHICK
02-21-13, 12:07 AM
Quality Transmission's Route 46 Little Ferry N.J.

My b.f. used them when his Z28 spit a bushing and broke the output shaft in his transmission while on a dyno
He said the work they did was good but it wasn't cheap.

The owner drives a CTSV