: Airbag Readiness Alert Light

BriggZ
02-16-13, 08:07 PM
Was running errands today and the airbag alert light stayed on after start and Service Airbag message came on on the DIC. This is the second time this has happened. The first was a day after I took delivery in November and I took it back to the dealer. They said it threw a code to check the connectors. They did that and it solved the problem until today. Has anyone seen this problem before?? Headed back to the dealer on Tuesday. Thanks.

Cadillac Cust Svc
02-18-13, 12:37 PM
BriggZ, I'm pleased that you'll be bringing your latest concern to your dealer's attention this week. Please keep us updated on your progress and email me at any point if you would like us to step in and contact your dealer on your behalf!

Best,

Katie
Cadillac Customer Service

BriggZ
02-20-13, 05:22 PM
Thanks Katie. Got the car back this morning and they found code B0019. Removed front seat and center console to gain access to SDM, found connector fretting at SDM. Repaired connector and it looks like they may have also replaced the SDM as well. Light is off so we will see. As usual, when I took it in, the light was not on and it never came on at the dealership.

Cadillac Cust Svc
02-24-13, 03:07 PM
Thanks for the update, BriggZ! I'm available at Katie_Lucille@gmexpert.com if you continue to have frustrations and would like me to investigate.

Best,

Katie
Cadillac Customer Service