: Add A Naviagion System

oldrunner
02-16-13, 04:03 PM
I have a 2006 Escalade Base model. Is it possible to add a navigation system to it?
Thanks

mikedyk43
02-16-13, 04:21 PM
I have a 2006 Escalade Base model. Is it possible to add a navigation system to it?
Thanks

I could be wrong, but I am pretty sure it would be plug n' play with the exception of needing to also purchase and install a GPS antenna. As far as wiring goes there shouldn't be anything required that isn't already in your vehicle.

the cadillac man
02-16-13, 06:30 PM
I could be wrong, but I am pretty sure it would be plug n' play with the exception of needing to also purchase and install a GPS antenna. As far as wiring goes there shouldn't be anything required that isn't already in your vehicle.

You aren't wrong mike it is a plug n' play as the wiring is the same regardless of the radio in the escalade(the radio and cd changer is still working great I still have to get the nav antenna though)
To the op if you get a used radio be ready for it to show theiflock enabled
To bypass this turn the key to acc after the radio display shows the logo then the theiflock screen pull the radio fuse and wait a little bit then put the fuse back in and you can test out the radio to make sure everything works before you do the vin relearn (which can be done at any gm dealer) just tell the service manager you upgraded to the nav as they will go off the rpo codes
Other then that the radio is a easy swap
Make sure you are on flat ground when you do this
First put the truck in 1
Second pull the dash bezel
Third you will see three screws(a 7 mm socket is needed to remove them) and the radio will slide out easy
Fourth remove the harnesses and antenna from the radio

To reinstall reverse these steps(if you don't have the GPS antenna yet don't worry the radio will work without it just no navigation feature)