: Automatic door locking?

Whistlingdixiee
02-16-13, 02:52 PM
I can't seem to figure out how to set the automatic door locking feature in my new 2013 SRX. I thought that you could program the car to lock the doors when you get out and walk away a few feet as long as you had the fob in your possession. Was I mistaken? I can't seem to get the car to do that. I have to press the door lock button on the door when I get out. I don't want to have to fish around in my purse for the fob to lock the doors. I've gotten used to
the keyless features, after my initial trepidation about the fob not working and being
stranded, and now I'm spoiled! LOL Thanks for any help

Marc NY
02-16-13, 03:08 PM
Yes you can do that. You can have the SRX automatically lock after 8 seconds. You can also select whether the SRX will have feedback with a No "Chirp" or one with a "chirp" confirmation, telling your that your SRX is now locked. (I use the "chirp" setting)

You can get to that option by going into the Main Menu "Home" screen and then go to the "Settings" area on your CUE screen. Select the "Vehicle" settings. (SRX has to be running to select "Vehicle") That is where you will see another short menu where you can find the Door Remote Lock, Unlock, Start - settings that you want to initiate. You will then need to select "Passive Door Lock" option. You will have one of three settings to pick from "OFF"; On with "Horn Chirp" which will give you a "chirp" confirmation, or just "ON". FYI: There might be a few times that you may not want to hear the horn chirp (i.e. sneaking in at wee hours of the morning :lildevil:) then you would have to use the Keyfob to lock the door manually.

SELECT SETTTINGS IN CUE:

SELECT "VEHICLE"
SELECT "REMOTE LOCK, UNLOCK, START"
SELECT "PASSIVE DOOR LOCK"
SELECT "OFF" or
SELECT "ON WITH HORN CHIRP" or
SELECT "ON"

**Edited**

Whistlingdixiee
02-16-13, 04:48 PM
Thank you for answering me, Marc NY. I neglected to say that I had already set, through CUE, the "delay door lock"
feature to ON. I just changed the passive door lock feature to ON, and now the doors lock automatically upon
exiting. IDK why this works now, but I'm glad it does. Just a side note, I have found that the more I use and mess
around with CUE the more responsive it becomes, especially in the time it takes to respond. Maybe I'm the one
who is being trained, but it seems to respond more fluidly after a few weeks of use! I don't have to keep pressing an
icon over and over to get a response. I wonder if anyone else has experienced this phenomenon, as well? LOL

Marc NY
02-16-13, 04:53 PM
... Maybe I'm the one who is being trained, but it seems to respond more fluidly after a few weeks of use! I don't have to keep pressing an
icon over and over to get a response. I wonder if anyone else has experienced this phenomenon, as well? LOLIt also could be that you know exactly how to select the icons better too. I find that I will target the area slightly above the spot that I want to select and I will press and hold that selection for a "split second" until I sense the hepatic feedback and see the Red Glow area light-up.

Wait a second ... perhaps the CUE (HAL) is getting to understand the operator's "feel" and "reactions" and is learing all your habits much quicker too! LOL :yup: ;)

Whistlingdixiee
02-16-13, 05:46 PM
[QUOTE=Marc NY;3225453]It also could be that you know exactly how to select the icons better too. I find that I will target the area slightly above the spot that I want to select and I will press and hold that selection for a "split second" until I sense the hepatic feedback and see the Red Glow area light-up.

Wait a second ... perhaps the CUE (HAL) is getting to understand the operator's "feel" and "reactions" and is learing all your habits much quicker too! LOL :yup: ;) [/QUO

It certainly has to be the latter half of your comment! All of those hours spent, as a child, planted in front of our black and
white TV watching Star Trek, have to pay off! LOL :cookoo::D

Marc NY
02-16-13, 07:22 PM
It certainly has to be the latter half of your comment! All of those hours spent, as a child, planted in front of our black and white TV watching Star Trek, have to pay off! LOL :cookoo::DShhhhhhh you are giving away how old we are to all the younger members on our site. :hitstick: :D LOL

st4422
02-16-13, 11:10 PM
[COLOR="#000080"]It also could be that you know exactly how to select the icons better too. I find that I will target the area slightly above the spot that I want to select and I will press and hold that selection for a "split second" until I sense the hepatic feedback and see the Red Glow area light-up.

In Vehicle Settings, Display, there is a touchscreen calibration function which may help "hitting" the icons.

jeffpaletz
02-17-13, 12:22 AM
I tried calibrating a few times and still have to press just above the buttons. Any other suggestions?

st4422
02-17-13, 01:12 AM
I tried calibrating a few times and still have to press just above the buttons. Any other suggestions?

Calibrate your eyeballs? :p

Marc NY
02-17-13, 12:59 PM
I tried calibrating a few times and still have to press just above the buttons. Any other suggestions?That is what is required for you to do in order for you to get the proper feedback and response.

Calibrate your eyeballs? :pROFLMAO! I tried that too ... and I still need to use my glasses. :duck:

ansoninc
02-18-13, 09:01 AM
I can't seem to figure out how to set the automatic door locking feature in my new 2013 SRX. I thought that you could program the car to lock the doors when you get out and walk away a few feet as long as you had the fob in your possession. Was I mistaken? I can't seem to get the car to do that. I have to press the door lock button on the door when I get out. I don't want to have to fish around in my purse for the fob to lock the doors. I've gotten used to
the keyless features, after my initial trepidation about the fob not working and being
stranded, and now I'm spoiled! LOL Thanks for any help

How would I set up the auto door lock on a 2012 SRX? I had it on my 05 CTS and it is a great safety feature. I could use HAL right about now.
Thanks
Diana

beachcad
02-18-13, 10:28 AM
How would I set up the auto door lock on a 2012 SRX? I had it on my 05 CTS and it is a great safety feature. I could use HAL right about now.
Thanks
Diana

This is an excerpt from the 2012 owners manual. (page 5-45)
Passive Door Lock:
(after pressing the <Config> button and turning the <Menu/Select> knob to "PASSIVE DOOR LOCK")
If the vehicle has the Remote
Keyless Entry (RKE) system, when
enabled, this feature allows the
doors to lock after several seconds
if all doors are closed and at least
one RKE transmitter has been
removed from the interior of the
vehicle. It does not matter how far
away the RKE transmitter is from
the vehicle. This feature can also
be configured to chirp the horn
when the doors are passively