: Map Lights and Wire Wheels Question For 85 Eldo

TheChicagoan
02-15-13, 06:58 PM
Hi all,

I got a few more questions, I recently bought some 85 Biarritz parts from a guy on craigslist for a bargain. But I have the standard base coupe and one of my questions is, were the "Map Lights" an available option for the base coupe? Or were they restricted only for the Biarritz? In addition, I was able to grab a set of real wire wheels made by Real Wheel Corporation for 100 bucks, but they are missing the lugs and one of them has chrome peeling away from the hub. Has anyone heard of that wheel corporation before so I could possibly contact them and order the lugs? And does anyone know of a re-chromer of wire spoked wheels? I only need that one wheel's hub re-chromed, the other three I can clean up nice.

Thanks,

TheChicagoan

carnut
02-15-13, 07:35 PM
If you mean the reading lights in the rear sail panels, they were Biarritz only. The wiring is a little different because of the on/off switch.Trying to add these lights will usually destroy your sail panels because the retaining clips are a one time use retainer! The wheel must be diassembled to remove the hub to be stripped and re chromed. Not knowing what area you live in, I cannt suggest a wheel repair shop or a chromer. On the left coast www.stocktonwheel.com can do everything you need, just ship them the wheel.

TheChicagoan
02-18-13, 05:53 PM
Thanks for the lead, I'll give them a call.