: Bad ABS Sensor - Service Stability System?

FuzzyLogic
02-14-13, 11:14 PM
I picked up a "Service Stability System" message in the DIC after hitting a moderate bump in the road this week. What are the chances that this is a case of the connector working itself loose versus needing a new wheel bearing/ABS assembly?

If I need the latter, would you recommend OEM GM parts (roughly $260 for a pair), or one of the various aftermarket parts (roughly $75 for a pair)?

----------

Question still valid--but I did some research into bearing manufacturers and it seems like the Timkin HA590079 is the best available. $152 apiece on Amazon.

carlson_mn
02-14-13, 11:22 PM
Had issues with that in another vehicle (grand am 3.1), it would act up intermittently if you hit wet bumps. All kinds of system lights would come up on the dash. On dry days it would be back to normal, but then if you spun the wheels it would cause issues too. Replacing the hub fixed the issues but it wasn't long before it would begin to act up again. Luckily doesn't seem to be a huge issue one the V

DMM
02-15-13, 12:33 AM
Had issues with that in another vehicle (grand am 3.1), it would act up intermittently if you hit wet bumps. All kinds of system lights would come up on the dash. On dry days it would be back to normal, but then if you spun the wheels it would cause issues too. Replacing the hub fixed the issues but it wasn't long before it would begin to act up again. Luckily doesn't seem to be a huge issue one the V

There was a TSB for "N" body's for the front ABS harness' to the hubs being too short and causing intermittent problems, installing a new hub bearing assem probably changed the harness position/problem so it became more/less intermittent but not fixed.

Checking for TSB's and common problems should always be the first step in diagnosis.

rand49er
02-15-13, 08:44 AM
I picked up a "Service Stability System" message in the DIC after hitting a moderate bump in the road this week. What are the chances that this is a case of the connector working itself loose versus needing a new wheel bearing/ABS assembly? ...I'm sure the message doesn't tell you which one it is, does it? Such a PITA!