: Cruise control light stays on

adamjeeps
02-14-13, 04:50 PM
I was driving the wife's 2021 and noticed the light was staying on even if I pushed the butting on the steering wheel multiple times. Does anyone else have this issue? Is it a problem?

quantex
02-14-13, 08:24 PM
I was driving the wife's 2021 and noticed the light was staying on even if I pushed the butting on the steering wheel multiple times. Does anyone else have this issue? Is it a problem?

You need to push the other crusie control button. Again, GM does not stand for Genius Motors.....

TheCaptain
02-14-13, 08:24 PM
The white or green light for cruise?
The white light indicates the car is ready to store your cruise setting.
The green light indicates that cruise is active.

redvett94
02-14-13, 08:25 PM
Might be your vehicle is 8 years newer than us in the real world. Really that you may want to see your dealer.

phunter1
02-14-13, 08:40 PM
Unlike virtually every other car I have owned. The SRX has an "On" button and a separate "Off" button for the cruise control. Make sure you are pushing the correct button. If you are, you need to take teh car in for service.

Phil

TheCaptain
02-14-13, 08:55 PM
Uhh. No, the SRX's cruise On/Off button is the same button. If you click it once, the white light comes on. If you click it again, the light goes out.
You might be referring to the 'cancel' button which lets you kill cruise without touching the brake, and still keep it in memory.

adamjeeps
02-14-13, 09:05 PM
White light. I assume I was pushing the off button but will make sure. Still doesn't explain why it is coming on without me turning it on.

----------

The U.S. model definitely has a separate on/off button and a cancel button. My wife also pushed the on/off button repeatedly and it would not go off. Sounds like my first trip to the dealer :(

adamjeeps
02-15-13, 10:01 AM
Got an appointment Monday morning to check it out. Going to have them change oil even though it's only been about 2,000 miles. I don't like the idea of the factory fill being in there that long during break in and the car sat for awhile before we bought it.

Cadillac Cust Svc
02-15-13, 03:57 PM
Adamjeeps, I hope you'll keep us in the loop after your dealer appointment! If you have any lingering concerns and would like us to contact your dealer on your behalf, let us know. I'm reachable via email at Katie_Lucille@gmexpert.com!

Best,

Katie
Cadillac Customer Service

adamjeeps
02-15-13, 04:42 PM
Well I feel dumb, we were both hitting the cancel button instead of the off button. :cookoo: Light is off now.

Marc NY
02-15-13, 07:39 PM
Got an appointment Monday morning to check it out. Going to have them change oil even though it's only been about 2,000 miles. I don't like the idea of the factory fill being in there that long during break in and the car sat for awhile before we bought it.I would highly recommend that you save your money and wait until your OLM (GM's Oil Life Monitor) goes down to 20% and then take it into your dealership for your free maintenance. With today's hi tech engines and the much better blend of oils there is absolutely no reason for you to worry about your vehicle's oil ... even if it sat on the dealer's lot for an extended period of time. :)

phunter1
02-17-13, 11:03 AM
I guess my memory is failing me in my old age. I was sure that I turned off the cruise control light with the second (cancel) button. Not much opportunity to use it around here due to traffic.

Mea Culpa,

Phil