: New OZ wheels

mikesul
02-14-13, 12:53 PM
I just had my CTS leftover set of wheels set up for the ATS. They are OZ Allegerita HLT 18"x9". Mounted new Kumho Ecsta LE Sport 255.35.18 tires. Between the lightweight wheels and non RFT tires I dumped around 6# per wheel of unsprung weight. The car does feel lighter on it's feet.

Wideband
02-14-13, 03:35 PM
They look pretty nice. Did you find the ride less harsh by going to the non run flat tires?

mikesul
02-14-13, 04:48 PM
Yes. Non RFT's are much smoother on the road.

Cisitalia
02-14-13, 06:03 PM
That looks really good. The OZs bolt pattern for the CTS is 5-120 and the ATS is 5-115. So they actually fit properly even though the bolt pattern size is different? The offset of ET=40mm is pretty close to the ATS of ET=42mm. Is the center hub size on the CTS 70.3mm like the ATS? Looks like you are running 255s on all four corners and the fronts fit fine with no rubbing issues?

Thanks for the information.

Brad

mikesul
02-15-13, 09:30 AM
I had the wheels redrilled and steel inserts pressed in to fit the 115x5 bolt pattern. Done professionally at Elite Roads in Ft. Lauderdale. Center fit fine. All tires are 255's and I don't have a rubbing problem. I think the ATS was designed to allow wider wheels for the V when it comes along. Much improved handling and ride with the non runflats.

Cisitalia
03-07-13, 12:19 PM
Thanks for the clarification. Great job and looks nice! Good to be able to rotate front/backs.

cadaddio
10-03-13, 04:27 PM
I know this is an old thread, but can the OP please verify offset on these wheels and whether or not they are still within the fender lip. I would love to go this same route. With 18x9 and 255/35 all the way around but I hate tire rub and/or wheels that stick out of the fenders. Thx!!

mikesul
10-04-13, 12:27 PM
They fit in nicely without hanging outside of the fender wells. I did end up having a 6mm spacer added, by Elite Roads, to the front wheels to allow full turn w/o any rubbing. That was 2K miles ago and no problem since. I might go to 275.35 with the rears when I replace them to better connect with the increased hp I now have.

Bryce2.0T
10-04-13, 03:15 PM
I just HATE my wheels and tires. stock 17" Michellins. I already bent 2 wheels, just bullshit. They use a super heavy tire and a tinfoil wheel. After they were straightened they still shake like crazy. It comes and goes, but I went back to drive a new ATS with the same package and it STILL vibrated a little bit. Going back to the Michellin super sports... **** these tires lol

cadaddio
10-04-13, 04:42 PM
Thanks for the quick reply MIKESUL some of this info is just not out there yet and I don't have extra rims laying around for a mock up. If I can pick your brain just a little more --- do you happen to remember what the actual wheel offset was(before the spacer was added)? I'm trying to determine if the factory optional 18x 9 rears wheel will fit on the front. I believe the factory wheels have 52 offset but could be wrong.

mikesul
10-06-13, 09:22 AM
Off set is 40 mm. Stock is 42mm I believe.

Ancient Mariner
10-06-13, 10:17 AM
Very nice! O.Z make great wheels - lightweight and strong. I had a set of 18x9 Ultraleggeras on a previous car and they weighed in at only 18lbs each.