: "No Music Disc"

yamla_jatt806
02-14-13, 10:15 AM
Hi All,

For a few years now, I've been using a device that plugged into the back of the Nav unit on my 2005 Escalade that allowed me to input music from an iPhone via RCA inputs. I used to click the "CD" button twice and the screen would show the rear entertainment screen and I could hear the music from my iPhone. Today when I clicked the "CD" button twice, I get a message "No Music Disc", does anyone know why this message is coming up? Thanks.

I did a search for this message but did not get any hits.

the cadillac man
02-14-13, 10:45 AM
Hi All,

For a few years now, I've been using a device that plugged into the back of the Nav unit on my 2005 Escalade that allowed me to input music from an iPhone via RCA inputs. I used to click the "CD" button twice and the screen would show the rear entertainment screen and I could hear the music from my iPhone. Today when I clicked the "CD" button twice, I get a message "No Music Disc", does anyone know why this message is coming up? Thanks.

I did a search for this message but did not get any hits.

It could be the DVD drive in the radio jammed(not sure)

6lbsofSound
02-14-13, 01:55 PM
It sounds like the device you are using is not being found when you click over to it. Do you know what brand you have?

yamla_jatt806
02-15-13, 11:12 AM
It sounds like the device you are using is not being found when you click over to it. Do you know what brand you have?

Sir - You nailed it. The plug going into the aux unit was loose, I pushed it in firmly and now it's working fine. I will find the name of the unit and report back, it came with the headrests DVD system. Since the kids weren't watching TV in the truck anymore, I started using this connection for my iPhone for music and speakerphone for making calls.

the cadillac man
02-15-13, 12:26 PM
Sir - You nailed it. The plug going into the aux unit was loose, I pushed it in firmly and now it's working fine. I will find the name of the unit and report back, it came with the headrests DVD system. Since the kids weren't watching TV in the truck anymore, I started using this connection for my iPhone for music and speakerphone for making calls.

You need a media gateway as it gives better audio quality vs a aux in unit and it can work with the Bluetooth also

yamla_jatt806
02-16-13, 10:21 PM
You need a media gateway as it gives better audio quality vs a aux in unit and it can work with the Bluetooth also

Hey Cadillac Man - If you know of a good media gateway brand, please let me know. Thanks.

the cadillac man
02-16-13, 10:36 PM
Hey Cadillac Man - If you know of a good media gateway brand, please let me know. Thanks.

Here is the brand I have and I like it
http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0015G5UVW

Here is the Bluetooth add on for the gateway
http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B004OG3IRI
It works with a iPhone 4 and 5 as I have used both with this and they worked great and it should work with other brands of phones also