: 2002 escalade ext will not start

Annabanna1517
02-14-13, 10:38 AM
I have a 2002 Cadillac escalade ext and last night the vehicle started and ran fine my whole way home from work. My husband gets up this morning to leave for work and the truck wouldn't start all lights and Gauges and interior lights work but vehicle does not make a sound when you turn the key to the on position. Could this just be a starter problem? All thoughts would be helpful.

Jophusp
02-14-13, 10:43 AM
Did you check all connections to the starter? I had a similar problem in an older truck, turned out to be the ignition though.

the cadillac man
02-14-13, 11:42 AM
I have a 2002 Cadillac escalade ext and last night the vehicle started and ran fine my whole way home from work. My husband gets up this morning to leave for work and the truck wouldn't start all lights and Gauges and interior lights work but vehicle does not make a sound when you turn the key to the on position. Could this just be a starter problem? All thoughts would be helpful.

Sounds like the battery cable connections as it sounds like they are loose(I had this happen to me thanks to the guy at auto-zone not tighting the cables

Annabanna1517
02-14-13, 12:23 PM
If it is the ignition would it normally give signs of going?

Jophusp
02-15-13, 11:07 AM
Like Cadillac Man said, I would check all connections first, but I know the ignition can go bad without warning.

the cadillac man
02-15-13, 11:20 AM
Like Cadillac Man said, I would check all connections first, but I know the ignition can go bad without warning.

Yep it can mine only gave me one warning and that was 6 months before it quit and most times it don't warn you before it fails