Cadillac Owners Forum banner

kooks with magnaflow question

2K views 17 replies 12 participants last post by  Junior1 
#1 ·
Just curious do kooks catted extension pipes mount up with a magnaflow catback without any modifacation?

#6 · (Edited)
I have the Kooks with kook extensions and the magnaflow cat back...No it did not mate up. It required some fab work...There are many threads stating it does not mate up nicely. Mine was at least 4" off. There was someone on the forum that reversed the X-Pipe and got it to work but it hung much lower. Kooks with catted extensions bolts right up to the Corsa exhaust, not Magnaflow.

----------

You can see the fab work that was done to connect the two.

#9 ·
They work together just fine. Bolt the cats (or tuning pipes) to the headers and install the muffler axle-back portion. Overlay the X-pipe portion of the Magnaflow cat-back and trim a little at a time accordingly. You have to cut both ends of the Mgnaflow X-pipe section pipe, but everything will bolt up just fine. You can have it welded if you like, I welded mine b/c I didn't want to have the extra clamps in the system, but it's not required by any means.

I have the OE exhaust with the tuning pipes for tuning and the Magnaflow intermediate pipe welded together, so teh cats bolt to the headers and the mufflers clamp to the intermediate pipe. Easy peasy.

#10 ·
They work together just fine.
The OP's question was any modification necessary...of course they work just fine after fabrication work as you and I described.

#15 ·
Yes, some cutting with a recip saw is needed. Getting the cats turned just right so the o2 sensors don't touch the trans can be tricky. Get the wide clamps when you buy the headers and thatll give you some wiggle room. Even then, take it to an exhaust shop for them to weld instead of the clamps for long term happiness.

I had to dent mine w 1 3/4" kooks & the engine on revshift mounts

I bought my headers and high flows from maryland speed and had a good experience.

#18 ·
I've got 1 3/4" coated Kooks WITHOUT cats and a Magnaflow catback setup. NO dimple for the steering shaft and NO fab work. Bolted right up...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.