: hose identification

butch4539
02-13-13, 04:25 PM
A hose is hanging loose underneath my catera near the middle. I have no idea what its function is as there is no fluid leaking out of it. It looks to be about 1/2" diameter or slightly larger. Anyone have any idea what it is?

JohnJJO
02-13-13, 04:41 PM
any picture??????

investor74
02-13-13, 05:58 PM
Can you trace the hose to the other end and see what is connects to? Also, provide a better description of where it is in the middle of the car. There are some 1/2 inch hoses toward the driver's side of the front near the radiator which are associated with the emissions control system. Those would have no fluid.

There is an air pump, a bypass valve, and other emissions components connected by 1/2 hose. Maybe you got a CEL?

retho78
02-13-13, 06:33 PM
If it's close to the transmission (passenger side) or upstream sensor connector location then I believe it's the A/C drain pipe.

gvjv3
02-14-13, 03:11 AM
wild guess here but since your car is running ok and there's nothing coming out of it, then my guess is it's the Transmission breather hose that should be straight up the back of the engine up by the fire wall, after a long pieoid of time works it's way down