: TPMS Sensor Matching - Relearn Tool Options ?

02-13-13, 08:26 AM
I have a 2012 SRX and would like to be able to "relearn" the sensors after rotating the tires myself. After reading the owners manual I found out I need a "relearn tool". Does anyone know the least expensive option for a "relearn" tool? (On my 2007 Corvette I just pass strong manget near the valve stem to activate the sensors and make the horn chirp.)

02-13-13, 09:57 AM
The tool is: EL-50448

www.toolsource.com has them. They are also listed on eBay. More $

02-13-13, 08:53 PM
I recently bought new sensors on eBay for my winter wheels & tires and that tool EL-50448 as well....it worked well. I already complained on this forum about the fact that GM removed the capability to reprogram the sensors the old fashion way on all their new cars.....but after after seeing how much tire shops charge for reprogramming sensors, the tool is a nice investment.

02-14-13, 03:05 PM
Thanks for the reply!

11-25-15, 05:30 PM
I just bought the same re-learn tool on Amazon.ca. My problem for the moment is to how to get the vehicle computer to be in the 'learn' mode to accept the re-learn tool data. The owner's manual is no help. JY

11-25-15, 07:43 PM
my dealer does them for free, for now that is, it may change, but when I went to a after market wheel the service rep got the tool him self and relearned them mind you my vehicle is still under warranty, but the old fashion way was really convenient!!

11-26-15, 12:26 AM
I got this from amazon

It's the same one they sell on tirerack but cheaper. Works great!

To get car into relearn mode...

11-26-15, 10:23 PM
Got the same tool for something like $54. Works like charm with SRX 2014. For anyone in Montreal - I will be glad to help, the process takes 2 minutes and requires nothing but that device.

11-27-15, 08:18 PM
Same but different, I have the relearn tool, just mounted the winter wheels/tires, did the drill, everything looked as it should. A couple of starts/stops on errand trip, the computer lost all four wheels and I had to make the honk-honk again. Any ideas about why it accepts then loses?

jack vines

11-27-15, 08:21 PM
Never had it accept then lose before. Maybe it didn't accept the first time? I've always done it with the engine running... not sure if that would make a difference.