: Mustang GT wheels on ATS?

hueyh
02-13-13, 01:53 AM
Checked out the information, they are the same size (17x8), and stock 2006 mustang GT has a offset at 45mm, which is similar to ATS. (my mechanic told me my ATS has 51mm offset, while online I found many 42mm )
the center bore are the same (70.3mm), and since that would make it hub centric, the difference in lug pattern would not be a concern.

hope this could help those who are seeking a set of budget wheels for autox/track/winter tires.

Hoosier Daddy
02-13-13, 02:11 AM
I hope that's right about the bolt pattern, center hole and offset. I have a 2011 Mustang, although it came from the factory with 19x8.5s (similar total height with tires as the 17" Mustang wheels). Sounds like I might be able to use one set of track tires/wheels for both.

hueyh
02-13-13, 03:00 PM
I hope that's right about the bolt pattern, center hole and offset. I have a 2011 Mustang, although it came from the factory with 19x8.5s (similar total height with tires as the 17" Mustang wheels). Sounds like I might be able to use one set of track tires/wheels for both.

Would like to hear your update after trying it. Still not sure what wheels I could find and use for the ATS. The big front caliper may be a problem even if the lug pattern and offset are correct

Yplus
02-13-13, 05:34 PM
Sacrilege! I wouldn't risk having my ATS Fixed Or Repaired Daily, since it might be Found On the Road Dead, and with all those issues the F'er Only Runs Downhill. :stirpot:

turbo2.0
02-14-13, 11:36 AM
Mustangs have a 5x114.3, while the ATS is a 5x115. While they are very close, my vendors are warning everyone about the dangers of trying to fit the 114.3 on an ATS. I'm not telling anyone what to do, but there is a chance that the lug nuts will back off when installed on a setup like this.