: opinions

Cb4h
02-12-13, 08:23 PM
Hey

I am looking to purchase the new 2013 SRX wheels...which do you guys think look better? The v spoke or the new standard 7 spoke wheels? I see the v spoke are in midnight silver, atleast you can order them in that, any idea what that looks like? Also, what are the part numbers for the new 7 spokes...i can easily see the parts for the v spoke but i cant seem to find the part numbers for the new 7 spokes....thanks in advance for your help

TheCaptain
02-14-13, 08:41 PM
I'm getting the V series rims on my new '13. :D

Marc NY
02-15-13, 11:27 AM
I'm getting the V series rims on my new '13. :D:thumbsup:

When are you getting your 2013 SRX Joshua?

EDIT* Captain I read in another thread that you are getting the Platinum ICE with all the goodies too! :D

When is it coming in???

SteveWise
02-15-13, 04:12 PM
I just ordered a '13 SRX Premium (Gray Flannel Metallic w/Light Titanium interior). I look looked long and hard at all three choices of wheels. I first liked the chrome V-spoke wheels but ordered with the base wheels. The chromes are definitely nice, but in the end I decided they were a little too "bling-y" for me, and the base wheels are stylish enough. Just my personal taste, but either choice is a good one!

Steve

P.S. I've been reading both this and the CUE forums for a while now, and I'd like to thank you all for helping me to decide to buy an SRX. The next 6-8 weeks are going to be difficult!!

Marc NY
02-15-13, 07:56 PM
Congratulations and best of luck with your new order... BTW: That is a great color choice and the standard 20" rims are a very nice looking wheel also. I choose the exact same color as you however, I elected to go with the new 20" one piece aluminum optional wheel. I had noticed that you talked about 3 wheels but you didn't mention that wheel in your decision making process so I thought I would share my new SRX photo with you. If perchance you were to like that wheel option you would still have time to change your choice. :)

http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd198/MarcNY/DSC_7643Edit2.jpg

SteveWise
02-15-13, 08:19 PM
Thanks, Marc. Very nice photo. I did look at all 3 choices of wheels, and ruled out the aluminiums first. Nothing wrong with them, but I had to eliminate one, then another. In my opinion, there is no bad choice for wheels on a '13!

Marc NY
02-15-13, 08:34 PM
I agree... either choice of wheels will look great on your new Premium SRX. :thumbsup:

Cb4h
02-15-13, 10:12 PM
Hey guys thanks for the input
Steve congrats on the premium!! I kinda wish i had opted for that due to the rear heated seats...o well maybe next time :) and marc i love those wheels I think I am going to go with them for the simple reason that i think the v wheels are kinda blingy .....anyway thanks guys have a great day!!

Marc NY
02-16-13, 09:33 AM
Hey guys thanks for the input
.... and marc i love those wheels I think I am going to go with them for the simple reason that i think the v wheels are kinda blingy .....anyway thanks guys have a great day!!There is another added benefit to those aluminum spoke wheels and that is when you get to see them in motion. "Those new wheels really look sharp... especially when the sunlight hits and reflects off those spinning wheels ... " as explained to me by my wife when she saw my SRX going down the road ... http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll43/myknsj/Cars/Burnout.gif :thumbsup: :lildevil:

Likely
02-16-13, 10:42 AM
SteveWise......

Welcome to the forum!!!!! You are going to just love your new 2013 SRX, they are really agreat vehicle...The wheel debate is something it seems like every buyer goes through.. The polished aluminum is very nice.. Enjoy your new ride!!!!!!

Likely

Cadillac Cust Svc
02-18-13, 02:33 PM
Congratulations and welcome SteveWise! We're looking forward to pictures of your new SRX when it's in!
Sarah (Assisting Katie), Cadillac Customer Service

b4z
02-19-13, 02:34 PM
I wish the V spoke wheels were a installed option and not LPO. Their price is very high.

beachcad
02-19-13, 05:44 PM
I wish the V spoke wheels were a installed option and not LPO. Their price is very high.

For 2013, they are a $895 installed option for the performamce/premium collection.

TheCaptain
02-20-13, 06:34 AM
Or $1 195 if you're in Canada. And Marc, my SRX should be arriving within two weeks/ week and a half!

Marc NY
02-20-13, 08:59 AM
Or $1 195 if you're in Canada. And Marc, my SRX should be arriving within two weeks/ week and a half!Captain, I know that you will quickly share some photos of your new SRX too! :thumbsup:

I can't wait to hear what new mods you will be installing on your brand new SRX! :)

beachcad
02-20-13, 09:52 AM
Or $1 195 if you're in Canada. And Marc, my SRX should be arriving within two weeks/ week and a half!

Not too shabby of a deal, considering what I had to give to get them as an LPO for my wife's 2012. To me, it makes the upgrade to the Performance or Premium a much sweeter deal. IMO they are still the best looking wheel on the SRX!

Cb4h
05-01-13, 11:45 PM
sorry to revive this thread but does anyone have the part numbers for the 7 spoke wheels gonna pull the trigger i think

thanks

davedogcaddy
05-02-13, 06:53 AM
if we are talking wheels you guys know I'm going to have to concur with Marc & vote for the polished aluminum.... :)

Likely
05-02-13, 10:55 AM
Polished aluminum!!!!!!has my vote

Marc NY
05-02-13, 02:43 PM
if we are talking wheels you guys know I'm going to have to concur with Marc & vote for the polished aluminum.... :)

Polished aluminum!!!!!!has my voteCan I vote twice? ;)

http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd198/MarcNY/SRX2.jpg (http://s222.photobucket.com/user/MarcNY/media/SRX2.jpg.html)

ladypro
05-02-13, 03:16 PM
the polished aluminum looks classy from the sideview , the spoke wheels look sportier and matches the 2013 grille, it's all good!

beachcad
05-03-13, 09:14 AM
When it comes to personal preference, everyone is right. I still prefer the chome as my first choice with the new polished aluminum as my second favorite.

Marc NY
05-03-13, 10:23 AM
When it comes to personal preference, everyone is right. I still prefer the chome as my first choice with the new polished aluminum as my second favorite.I agree... :) BTW: I happen to like your chrome wheels too... :thumbsup:

The one thing I like about the polished aluminum spoke rims is that I don't have to spend a lot of time wiping them down. However, the chrome rims I had on my 2010 SRX I needed to wipe them down after every wash (to get rid of the water spots) but then again I could say it is just a "small" inconvenience in order to keep the chrome wheels looking great all the time! :D

ladypro
05-03-13, 11:20 AM
love the chrome and I do wipe mine down everytime I roll into my garage, no cracks or peeling.

Indy_Mike
05-03-13, 10:53 PM
My 2012 Gold Mist SRX Performance, originally had the Chrome Techs and was a long term loaner of the dealer before they sold it to me. At some point the Chrome Techs were damaged (curbed) and the dealer replaced all 4 with standard 18s. I didn't like the standard 18's much but I also didn't like the Chrome Techs....but I did like the 2013 polished aluminum like Marc has....so I replaced the 18s with the 2013 20" polished aluminum and so far I am very happy.

We do have harsh winters here in Indiana so I am a little concerned about how to keep them looking great for many years to come...any ideas besides taking them off, I don't have room to store a set of winter tires/wheels.

Ponyman
05-04-13, 09:56 AM
Chrome rims get my vote. That was one thing that sold me on the particular 13 we bought as opposed to some others on the lot that didn't have them.

Marc NY
05-04-13, 11:15 AM
Chrome rims get my vote. That was one thing that sold me on the particular 13 we bought as opposed to some others on the lot that didn't have them.I hear you... :) That is what is great about the new 2013 Chrome rims is that they are a one piece wheel and not a two piece - chrome over plastic like prior GEN II years.

At least if you ding or happen to hit the new chrome rims on the 13's the only thing that will happen to them is that you will get a small dent and it will not peel or flake off because of it. :thumbsup:

Maximumkk
05-04-13, 05:56 PM
The chrome wheels are a true chrome, not chrome tech? I was at my dealer and I felt the spoke and behind you can feel a ridge along the outer edges of the back of the spoke as though it was again bonded plastic chrome covers? Can anyone confirm by looking behind?

Thanks
Max

Ponyman
05-04-13, 10:30 PM
They are chrome. We didn't have any problem with our Chrome Techs, but we were extremely careful, and didn't put a lot of miles on the car. The 13 wheels are definetly chrome.