: 2004 ext leaky pass floor

safchin
02-12-13, 07:52 PM
i took down the head liner and checked the hoses.they were attached. snaked the hose and blew air down them,then dumped wter down the sunroof hole and it came out the bottom of the truck and the floor by the console.help please:

the cadillac man
02-12-13, 08:21 PM
i took down the head liner and checked the hoses.they were attached. snaked the hose and blew air down them,then dumped wter down the sunroof hole and it came out the bottom of the truck and the floor by the console.help please:

Sounds like the seal

safchin
02-12-13, 08:36 PM
what seal?

the cadillac man
02-12-13, 08:43 PM
what seal?

Around the sunroof

safchin
02-12-13, 08:59 PM
how is it traveling to the floor

the cadillac man
02-12-13, 09:10 PM
how is it traveling to the floor

How many hoses did you work with? as there should be at least four two in front and two in the rear the front ones should go under the doors in the front and the rear should be at the bottom of the b pillar

safchin
02-12-13, 09:29 PM
there are 4 holes on the sunroof. the pass front one.i dump water down the hole and it comes out the floor and the running board

----------

behind the pass front tire

the cadillac man
02-12-13, 09:57 PM
there are 4 holes on the sunroof. the pass front one.i dump water down the hole and it comes out the floor and the running board

----------

behind the pass front tire

It sounds like the hose may be loose(but I could be wrong) unless there is debris blocking the drain hole in the sunroof

safchin
02-12-13, 09:59 PM
no i dropped down the head liner

the cadillac man
02-12-13, 10:57 PM
no i dropped down the head liner

It may be the drain hose for the front hvac system where under the dash is the water coming from
I had this hose get stopped up on my car and it had water on the passenger side floor board

safchin
02-12-13, 11:09 PM
about six inches from center console straight up

the cadillac man
02-13-13, 12:36 AM
about six inches from center console straight up

I will look into this and see how I can help you out with this issue

mikedyk43
02-13-13, 02:40 AM
Check out this thread
http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3146851
He had what sounds to be the same issue you are having. It seems his problem was resolved by replacing the heater core and clearing out a clogged drain.

rfishoutofwater
02-13-13, 11:03 AM
Mine was actually a clogged drain hole under the front cowl. There are 3 under there. Then the water leaked into the blower motor then leaked into the floorboard on the passenger side like yours. Also was told to make sure not to use compressed are to blow out those line on the sunroof as its common to actually blow them off and then your really f----d! If you need to clear a line on the sun roof to run a wire from bottom up to sunroof. This way the hose won't pop off. The front drain line of the sunroof drain out to right behind the front wheels.

safchin
02-13-13, 04:32 PM
the front cowl? u mean in front of the windshield? just pulled it. saw nooo drain holes anywhere.that black thing under the wipers?4 clips 2screws take wipers off no drain holes.

rfishoutofwater
02-13-13, 05:25 PM
Yes the front. Mine has 3 drain holes. The problem with mine was actually the water was leaking into the blower motor and when the blower was on would leak water into the floor. Also check the AC drain line. I didn't do the work myself as it was a warranty thing my dealer took care of it. But I talked with the body shop that worked on it when I dropped it off and picked it up and that's what they found on mine. They took the carpet out and ran water over the window and only found the leak once they turned to heat\ac on. So they cleaned the blower and resealed it and no more issues. They told me too it not uncommon for there to be a leak from the door. Runs down the rail and into the floorboards. Kinda a pain in the arse to find leaks.