: 2002 Escalade, AWD - Elusive DTCs: B2585, B2722, B3138, C0290, C0207, C0286, C0298

shad0wslay3r
02-12-13, 06:26 PM
Hey guys,

I've been having some problems with my '02 Escalade that I'm looking to get some help with.

The "Service Stability System" light has been on for quite some time (+3 Years) and I've just gotten around to finally sorting it out. After just googling terms it seems that light can come on for an array of reasons and I'm not sure where to start.

When I got the codes off of my GenesisEVO I obtained the following:

B2585: Which I believe to be a poor ground/short in the lamp circuit. I'm confused if this is the headlights or what?
B2722: Tow/Haul malfunction. My towhaul is currently inoperable. I am unable to figure out how to attempt to manually activate it with my scan tool.
B3138: Low System Voltage.

C0290: EBCM Malfunction
C0207: Steering Wheel Position Sensor. I am aware that if the two sensors do not correlate for a total of 150ms (I believe that is the number, may be incorrect)
C0286: Problem with ABS. I believe this is tied into the ASES malfunction. When you first start driving after start up (over roughly 5MPH) I can hear the EBCM system run and the vehicle tends to dive to the left a bit and dive forward slightly. this makes me believe power is being limited to the front left wheel. After the system check is complete the "Service Stability System" light comes on.
C0285: Related to the EBCM
C0298: Possibly related to ABS Module

Today I replaced my battery and then followed up by clearing all of the codes with my GenesisEVO scan tool. After a test drive the Service Stability System came back on. I then rechecked for DTC codes with the scantool and they had all reappeared.

I've heard it can be up to 20 individual things regarding the EBCM, from play in the wheels bearings (causing a wheelspeed sensor to read incorreclty. Also, when the vehicle is stopped all wheel speed sensors report a vehicle speed of 3 km/h), to the steering wheel sensors being shot, EBCM itself being shot, or a bad wheel speed sensor.

Thanks in advance, I know this is a bit of a hefty post. Just trying to figure out where the best place is to start.

-Garrett

YoshiMan
02-13-13, 09:51 PM
The Steering wheel position sensor and the ABS system are both crucial to the Stabilitrak system, as it basically uses the same pump and such as the ABS and it gauges in what direction the car SHOULD be traveling with the steering sensor. i have yet to have to do any work on it, but i stability control will be unable to function if both of those need work

the cadillac man
02-13-13, 10:06 PM
The Steering wheel position sensor and the ABS system are both crucial to the Stabilitrak system, as it basically uses the same pump and such as the ABS and it gauges in what direction the car SHOULD be traveling with the steering sensor. i have yet to have to do any work on it, but i stability control will be unable to function if both of those need work

I agree it sounds like the ebcm is failing on you

shad0wslay3r
02-17-13, 05:42 PM
Thanks guys.

Is there a way to test the EBPM once it is removed?