: Memory Seat Issue

Tedk
02-12-13, 09:31 AM
Has anyone had an issue with the memory seat? Every once and a while my seat would not go to the correct position. I would push the exit button then setting #1 and it would correct its self. Now the seat has stopped going back when the key is out and will not move at all when I press #1. The tilt wheel is still working, and if I move the seat with the buttons on the side of the seat it works perfectly. Makes me think it is not mechanical but software. Any ideas? Would disconnecting the battery work?

Superjim
02-12-13, 01:12 PM
You could try disconnecting BOTH cables on the battery...negative terminal FIRST...
Then touch them together for a few seconds to discharge all the capacitors, then connect them back to the battery... negative terminal LAST.

You may (or may not) have to reset the memory seat setting after that.

Tedk
03-07-13, 10:55 AM
Thanks for the reply Superjim. I discooected both cables on the battery, reconnected and everything worked great for a day then started going back to the same issue. Any other ideas?

Cadillac Cust Svc
03-07-13, 01:37 PM
Tedk, I'm sorry to see you're still experiencing frustrations! If you would ever like me to locate the Cadillac dealership in your area or set up an appointment for you, please let me know. I'm available via email at Katie_Lucille@gmexpert.com and happy to help where I can.

Best,

Katie
Cadillac Customer Service