: Please Help, How do I Check for the Latest Navigation DVD

hiznhrz
02-12-13, 07:06 AM
I've looked in the manuals provided and online. I see phone numbers to call (with a VIN number) but how do I check the version of the Navigation DVD my 2012 SRX is running off of?

I bought an end-of-model-year 2012 with a Navigation system that seems to be out of date. There is a major intercounty connector commuter highway by my home that the system does not recognize. This is a MAJOR pain in the tail in that 80% of the directions provided by the system are neither the shortest, fastest, or least amount of traffic directions. It seems GM has a new North America Map Update - v.2013 SKU# 22943315 available. When I bought the car I asked the dealer if the Nav system had the latest map updates and of course they said yes. How can I check?

hiznhrz
02-13-13, 10:42 AM
Anybody?

Cadillac Cust Svc
02-13-13, 12:10 PM
Hi Hiznhrz,

Your Navigation menu screen accesses the navigation system settings. If you scroll down to select the "Map Database Information" option, that should provide you with a display that shows the map database version information (see page 49 of your Infotainment manual for details). Please let me know if you still have concerns/frustrations after consulting your manual, however! I'm available via email at Katie_Lucille@gmexpert.com for further assistance.

Best,

Katie
Cadillac Customer Service

hiznhrz
02-17-13, 12:02 PM
Please let me know if you still have concerns/frustrations after consulting your manual, however! I'm available via email at Katie_Lucille@gmexpert.com for further assistance.

Katie, thank you very much for your help. It is great to have a Cadillac Customer Service rep look at threads on this site and help Cadillac customers. I've very impressed! I was able to find the information I was looking for. The Application Version of my Nav system is U603. I'm thinking more importantly, the Database Version of my system is V20.11.03. With the help of this site I was able to find navigation.com which allowed me to look up the latest firmware version for my SRX. It appears there is a V2013 (V20.13?).

When I bought my car last month, I specifically asked the salesman if the Nav system had the latest version. Naturally he said yes. In spite of the fact that he or someone should have checked before answering, I'm sure he thought is was the latest version. Doesn't the dealer have an obligation to make sure that when a buyer purchases a very expensive Navigation system that it has the latest software? What would you suggest as the best course of action to get this problem remedied?

Likely
02-17-13, 10:59 PM
Go back to the dealership, tell them you want the latest version now, "FREE" no questions asked!!!! The salesperson will tell you anything to make a sale. You may know more about the vehicle than the salesperson, this happens so many times, trust me...If you did any research on the vehicle before you made the purchase, i know you do....Hope all works out for you. In the mean time enjoy the ride...

hiznhrz
02-22-13, 11:28 PM
I'm very pleased to report that the salesman and the dealer I bought my SRX from has agreed to cover the cost of upgrading my navigation system firmware to the latest version. I'm very pleased.

A car, especially in todays world, is a complex machine. Things do go wrong. The overall buying experience really comes down to the quality and integrity of the dealer. This SRX is my second Cadillac. My first buying experience wasn't bad but the post-sale service was terrible. This second buying experience with a differient dealership and has been very good. The post sale service, however, has been terrific.

Thanks to all.

Cadillac Cust Svc
02-24-13, 06:26 PM
Hiznhrz, I'm thrilled to see you're pleased with the dealer's resolution! Thank you for updating us on your situation, and don't hesitate to contact me if you have any lingering questions or comments you would like me to document.

Best,

Katie
Cadillac Customer Service

planobry
03-06-13, 10:46 AM
Can anyone tell me what the latest version number is?