: One of a kind up for sale

ApacheDriver
02-12-13, 12:11 AM
For some reason, the classified section will not post for me. I have a unique 30k miles 2005 CTS-V for sale. All the information is listed in the craigslist link. Respectfully, I am not looking for opinions on my price, mods, or any other comments that could distract from the listing. If the car is not for you, please move on. Thanks for looking.

http://huntsville.craigslist.org/cto/3610624634.html

253ctsv
02-12-13, 01:13 AM
wow. car is very much worth it imo.such low miles, so many mods.

Overd0s3
02-12-13, 01:17 AM
Agreed. Very nice car and an amazing deal. GLWS and I'm sure it will go fast ;)

EnV
02-12-13, 01:17 AM
Very nicely modded. GLWS!

rand49er
02-12-13, 07:22 AM
A steal at $27.5k.

JDB
02-12-13, 07:42 AM
Why aren't cars like this for sale when I'm looking? Vs for sale when I was looking were either 100% stock like mine or maybe it had an exhaust on it. Oh well ...someone will get a nice V.

More info on the rear end, please.

ApacheDriver
02-12-13, 09:33 AM
Thanks for the positive comments. The rear end is a C3 rear end with hardened Richmond 3:90 gears. It is bullet proof for sure. The cradle is custom fabricated and hard mounted from the rear to the front. There is absolutely NO wheel hop at all and will stay straight down the strip under all circumstances. The work is some of the best I have seen. I hope to get it on a lift in the next couple days and will show the pictures.

Bill

OneFast V
02-12-13, 09:45 AM
What sort of times has it put down on the strip? Looks great and takes ctsv sleeper to a whole New level.

ApacheDriver
02-12-13, 11:20 AM
When the previous owner had it, it ran 11.85. That was before the new LS6 block and rebuild. It has not been to the track since this upgrade. It is tuned for reliability right now. I do have the EFI Live with software and licenses for a more aggressive tune if wanted. The way it is now is plenty for me.

nvthev
02-12-13, 12:26 PM
Dang, where were you 8 months ago when I was looking! Lol.
Good luck with your sale

ApacheDriver
02-12-13, 03:30 PM
What sort of times has it put down on the strip? Looks great and takes ctsv sleeper to a whole New level.

I can't tell you the look on people's face wherever I pull in to. Many are "still" not aware of Cadillac's move into the performance realm, let alone something that looks and sounds like this thing does. It will make you grin every time you turn the key.

thebigjimsho
02-12-13, 04:08 PM
How does it handle with that rear and shocks? Some mightily impressive work but don't know if that car would be for me...

ApacheDriver
02-12-13, 05:17 PM
It is stiff. However, I still have the stock shocks that have very limited miles on them. The rear end does whine due to the racing gears but is not bad because of the dynamat. I had a brand new textrallia clutch put in just weeks ago and had the local speed shop check the rear-end. The guys are known as the best in my area and they said it was some of the best work they had seen. It was done right. I will give a potential buyer their name and phone number to confirm what I am saying. I have not driven a stock CTS-V and cannot give you a comparison. However, it IS set-up for the strip so it may not be for you in its current state if you are looking for a "Cadillac" ride. The shocks can be changed and the custom sub-frame connectors can be taken off. Of course you will lose a lot by doing this. Hope this gives you a clearer picture. If you need any other information, let me know.

etcts-v
02-12-13, 08:59 PM
Great setup, wish I had the cash to pick it up!!

Curious is the IAT sensor in the air box??

Skidmarcx
02-12-13, 10:12 PM
Awesome build and very much worth the money... GLWS

Curious is the IAT sensor in the air box??

Just noticed that... Lol

DMM
02-12-13, 11:13 PM
Meh...really interested who spec'd your particular combo. A few things really don't make sense.

1. Underdrive pulley on a Maggie? Overdrive pulley, sure...underdriven?
2. 8.1 compression? (probably related to the next item)
3. IAT in the air box and not the manifold (as others have mentioned)?
4. A cam with 7* of overlap on a 383 using a little Maggie 112 that is barely sufficient for a 346?

Honestly, reading the post and looking at the pics, it seems like the original motor fell victim to detonation since the IAT sensor appears to be in the air box and not the intake manifold...and the solution was an 8:1 compression motor?

Also, A ring and pinion makes noise when they are not set up correctly, not b/c of the type of gears used.

I don't mean to sound like an outright hater, but you have a rather bizarre combination of parts that do not work together...and now it seems you're trying to get out from under it.

ApacheDriver
02-13-13, 09:42 AM
I challenge you to come drive the car. We will go visit the dyno shop (I will pay for it). Review all the information from the scan, and then you can tell me it doesn't work. The motor was built with potential in mind from the previous owner. There is nothing un-safe with the current set-up.
I brought the rear-end to Huntsville Speed Shop, look them up, and told them to look at the rear end. They had a great opportunity to screw me if they wanted. They could of charged me for a full rebuild and I would of believed it. They gave it back to me and said it was set-up correctly other than a pinion nut not properly torqued.
As far as "getting out from under it", there is nothing to get out from. The car is solid. The reason I am selling is because the car is too much for my needs. I am ready to get back to a vette that has been my real passion. It was an impulse buy that I really didn't need. It has nothing to do with the set-up or quality of the car. As I said in the OP, I am not looking for individual "opinions" on my mod list or set-up. If the car is not for you, please move on.

DMM
02-13-13, 04:45 PM
I don't believe that I (or anyone else for that matter) require your permission to post to an open forum. If you did not intend to receive feed back of any kind you should have simply stuck with the Craig's List ad. That said, I'm sure there was no expense spared on the car...unfortunately, there are those with more money than sense.

Good luck in finding that person....

Skidmarcx
02-13-13, 05:44 PM
To my knowledge 3.90's can be loud... Several people have told me that including Max when I ordered my Ford conversion... Even if they are set up correctly... My buddies Cobra is extremely loud with his 3.90's

odthetruth
02-14-13, 12:50 AM
Go here:
http://www.cadillacforums.com/cadillac-classifieds/g23-cadillac-cts-vs-for-sale.html

Click on Place an Ad:
http://www.cadillacforums.com/cadillac-classifieds/uploadproduct.php?cat=23

Place it there. Any issues, contact me and I'll try and help you sort it.