: corsa exhaust

253ctsv
02-11-13, 11:45 PM
Let me start by saying thanks for all the help I've already recieved and sorry I'm starting yet another post. I just became a year supporting member to show my appreciation (I know its only 50 bucks but its the thought that counts right?)

anyways down to buisness. I want kooks 1 7/8" headers, corsa exhaust with no cats. so maryland speed has a sweet deal on headers so I called them up. $2,800? I know you gotta pay to play but I was eexpecting more like 2300 or less ( I know I'm being unreasonable apparently). Anyways I dont want cats do I really need mid pipes and full cat back? I dont know a lot about exhaust but arent the mid pipes within the cat back? maybe not, forgive my noobness. But I read somewhere that all I need is axle back corsa and I can use my stock resonator (x pipe whatever) and have my local muffeler shop fill in the rest. would this be a more cost effective solution? what exactly is the mid pipe and why is it seperate from the cat back, forgive me for being a little confused. and thanks for your time.

rand49er
02-12-13, 08:33 AM
As I recall, you need a connector pipe between Kooks headers and the cat back exhaust. Mine is catted, but Kooks also has uncatted (i.e. "off road") ones. As far as pricing goes, $2.8k seems like a lot as my setup was under $2.5k, but that was seven years ago.

FoD
02-12-13, 09:33 AM
Corsa is expensive. When I bought mine, that was the only mod on it...thankfully, I didn't have to pay for an aftermarket cat back. Why are you set on Corsa? I think Corsa sounds the best without headers. But once you put headers on it, Magnaflow, Corsa, Borla...all sound about the same to me. I know Magnaflow is cheaper. +1 on the midpipes. Kooks makes 2 sets of off-road pipes...one that connects to stock exhaust, and one to Corsa. I remember reading mods had to be made to fit the mids to Magnaflow/Borla.

HAMSTAR
02-12-13, 09:49 AM
Get OBX headers. They are Kooks clones for a fraction of the price and 80% there in terms of quality. Don't replace your exhaust with another set of 2.5" (like Corsa). You won't make performance gains, though the Corsa sound is wonderful. A cheap mod that may actually gain you some flow is muffler delete or muffler swap with magnaflow straight through or comparable.

rand49er
02-12-13, 10:54 AM
Oh, one more comment. Corsa by itself is basically worthless, IMHO. I ran it alone before I got the Kooks for a couple of weeks and was extremely disappointed ... like kissing your sister.

FoD
02-12-13, 11:12 AM
Oh, one more comment. Corsa by itself is basically worthless, IMHO. I ran it alone before I got the Kooks for a couple of weeks and was extremely disappointed ... like kissing your sister.

From a sound, or performance perspective?

rand49er
02-12-13, 03:15 PM
From a sound, or performance perspective?Yes.

JDB
02-12-13, 03:41 PM
From a sound, or performance perspective?

I disagree. I have Corsa and it's clearly a better rumble over stock.

Plenty of YouTune vids of it.

Sure adding Kooks headers makes it sound many times better, but stock is a joke.

thebigjimsho
02-12-13, 05:11 PM
Never been a fan of Corsa. And the cans look awful from behind. Go with a full B&B system or SW or Kooks w/ whatver...

Chris Cornett
02-12-13, 05:34 PM
Corsa has no drone which cant be said for other systems. Many people complain about drone with B&B. I just ordered my Kooks from Maryland speed myself and plan on going with no cats and a Corsa simply because I love the aggressive sound. May be to loud for some but my car is just a toy and not a daily driver.

FoD
02-12-13, 05:34 PM
Never been a fan of Corsa. And the cans look awful from behind.

Yup. I painted mine black so they didn't stand out. Much better.

2007ThunderV
02-12-13, 05:38 PM
Corsa and kooks = pure sex

Nothing sounds as good and raw
No drone is just icing on the cake
I was 1400 with tax for corsa and 1700 with kooks lts and connecting pipes with jet coating
Well worth the 3 k

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DbjyD1PdkKw:lildevil:

rand49er
02-12-13, 07:22 PM
... Go with a full B&B system or SW or Kooks w/ whatver...I had to pass the wife test, and B&B wouldn't've cut it.

smoothq
02-12-13, 08:00 PM
honestly i have had corsa since about 6 years ago and without the mod i did, it sounded allright to quiet for me. I welded in a 2 foot stainless piece on each side in place of the resonators and it sounds amazing about the sound of kooks with cats and corsa. Way back when seattlectsv had his maggied V he heard mine on the freeway and couldnt believe how amazing it sounded he thought i had kooks lol. I have heard all exhaust options in person and borla and corsa are by far the best IMHO.

thebigjimsho
02-12-13, 08:14 PM
I paid $1100 for the B&B catback. Then I paid $500 for B&B headers that had one blown out cat. So I gutted the other one. And since they originally had cats, it'd pass OBD-II and any visual inspection.

And I bought the headers from Rick(StealthV) so he gave me a tune for free.

And I'm sorry if I offend any of you softies, but a full B&B system is the BEST I've ever heard on any V1, anywhere...

As for drone, its in such a tiny part of the powerband it never bothered me. I just wouldn't cruise in that 50rpm swath. And with headers, it was not even noticeable...

And the B&B destroys any exhaust on looks. DESTROYS!

253ctsv
02-13-13, 12:23 AM
Corsa and kooks = pure sex

Nothing sounds as good and raw
No drone is just icing on the cake
I was 1400 with tax for corsa and 1700 with kooks lts and connecting pipes with jet coating
Well worth the 3 k

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DbjyD1PdkKw:lildevil:

yeah thats amaizing

rand49er
02-13-13, 10:31 AM
... And I'm sorry if I offend any of you softies, but a full B&B system is the BEST I've ever heard on any V1, anywhere ...Offense not taken, and I'm sure it is the best sounding system (with the possible exception of Den_93's :worship:). However, you need to cut some slack to those of us who have to please a second pair of ears, that's all. As it is, my setup just barely succeeds in accomplishing that.

253ctsv
02-13-13, 10:34 AM
Offense not taken, and I'm sure it is the best sounding system (with the possible exception of Den_93's :worship:). However, you need to cut some slack to those of us who have to please a second pair of ears, that's all. As it is, mine just barely succeeds in accomplishing that.

I only need to please my ears but man kooks n corsa sounds amaizing

thebigjimsho
02-15-13, 11:43 AM
Offense not taken, and I'm sure it is the best sounding system (with the possible exception of Den_93's :worship:). However, you need to cut some slack to those of us who have to please a second pair of ears, that's all. As it is, my setup just barely succeeds in accomplishing that.

The way you were mackin' on the Cadillac babe in Detroit last year, maybe you shouldn't worry so much.

hahaha

JD03Cobra
02-15-13, 12:16 PM
That price seems awfully high...Sound is subjective and I'm not a big fan of the Corsa exhaust. I preferred Kooks off-road with a Magnaflow cat back. Paid around $1800 for that total setup. Call Pascal Performance out of Texas, fantastic prices...He is a vendor on this site.

Here's the Kooks off-road with the Magnaflow cat back. I couldn't be happier.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QpKFWvowfnU

rand49er
02-15-13, 02:05 PM
The way you were mackin' on the Cadillac babe in Detroit last year, maybe you shouldn't worry so much.

hahahaYeah, but look who's talking! As I recall, your eyes were doing quite a bit of wandering, too.

HAMSTAR
02-15-13, 03:13 PM
Yeah, but look who's talking! As I recall, your eyes were doing quite a bit of wandering, too.

rand49er
02-15-13, 04:37 PM
http://i482.photobucket.com/albums/rr189/rand49er/DSC_0872.jpg

atdeneve
02-15-13, 05:06 PM
Cadillac Babe looks like Cadillac Mee-Maw...

I guess this is your grandfather's Caddy. :suspense:

rand49er
02-15-13, 06:00 PM
Cadillac Babe looks like Cadillac Mee-Maw...

I guess this is your grandfather's Caddy. :suspense:She was very classy. In the pic above, I caught her while she was talking, and her mouth looks a bit awkward. Plus, most women half my age look hot ... what can I say? Jim was sure smitten.

darkman
02-15-13, 07:30 PM
What happens in Detroit should stay in Detroit. Or something like that.....

rand49er
02-15-13, 07:56 PM
What happens in Detroit should stay in Detroit. Or something like that.....Just ask JimmyH. :canttalk:

thebigjimsho
02-15-13, 11:18 PM
She was very classy. In the pic above, I caught her while she was talking, and her mouth looks a bit awkward. Plus, most women half my age look hot ... what can I say? Jim was sure smitten.

She was very classy. Knew everything there was to know about the ATS, and was very engaging. May not be smoking hot as car models go, but she was hot nonetheless...

Here is a pic I found off of the internet google machine...

HAMSTAR
02-15-13, 11:57 PM
Damn. Smokingness confirmed.

I8URSVT
02-16-13, 12:11 AM
And if she liked loud B&B exhaust that would be even better!

thebigjimsho
02-16-13, 08:46 AM
hmm...

rand49er
02-16-13, 09:55 AM
Uh-h ... can we spam here yet?

Mn800r
02-17-13, 09:42 AM
I love it,the pigs are snorting! She looks classy for sure...so a morning after of beer swilling and pickled egg eating fart probably would be a deal breaker.. :lildevil: