: 2003 Escalade ESV will Crank but wont Start....HELP

jaybcaddylover
02-11-13, 09:33 PM
Hi i have a 2003 Cadillac Escalade ESV when i turn the key it will crank and will kind of start but then cuts off instantly! It has done it previously i would let it sit for about a half hour and it would start right up. But now it will not...it happen about 2 weeks ago and i let it sit for a few days and started and it ran great for a week...now its doing the same thing again! I was thinkin fuel filter or fuel pump so i changed the filter and got the fuel pressure checked so i didnt dish out money that i didnt have to and the fuel pressure is fine...When i try to start it the security lock light flashes on dash...im stuck!! Can somebody help me please!!

the cadillac man
02-11-13, 09:55 PM
Hi i have a 2003 Cadillac Escalade ESV when i turn the key it will crank and will kind of start but then cuts off instantly! It has done it previously i would let it sit for about a half hour and it would start right up. But now it will not...it happen about 2 weeks ago and i let it sit for a few days and started and it ran great for a week...now its doing the same thing again! I was thinkin fuel filter or fuel pump so i changed the filter and got the fuel pressure checked so i didnt dish out money that i didnt have to and the fuel pressure is fine...When i try to start it the security lock light flashes on dash...im stuck!! Can somebody help me please!!

Sounds like the theft lock system is acting up and the unit needs replacing

jaybcaddylover
02-11-13, 10:21 PM
Yea but does that have anything to do with the PCM??

the cadillac man
02-11-13, 10:37 PM
Yea but does that have anything to do with the PCM??

It activates the fuel shutdown to prevent the truck from being stolen(the PCM controls both the fuel pump and injectors)

jnrsesv
02-12-13, 06:51 AM
Couple of thoughts:

- Are there any codes?
- How old is the battery?