: Painting Windshield Washer Nozzles

popacork
02-11-13, 03:47 PM
I am considering painting the windshield washer nozzles to match the body color...plan to use touch-up paint. Has anyone done this? If you have, do you have any tips, and how is it holding up?

tinman
02-12-13, 11:05 AM
Should you do it please post before and after pics.

popacork
02-12-13, 11:39 AM
Should you do it please post before and after pics.

Will post pics if I decide to do it...my wife drives this car also, and she is not enthusiastic about painting the nozzles. She was OK with removing the sun visor stickers, so did that yesterday.

tinman
02-12-13, 11:42 AM
Will she even notice?

You must be young...don't ever tell her if you plan on doing something like this in the future!

jimmie jam
02-12-13, 12:40 PM
This should not be difficult. Google and YouTube are your friends.

reciprocity
02-12-13, 04:03 PM
I've wanted to do the same thing, except I planned to remove the nozzles so I could sand, primer, then paint them. I haven't been brave enough to experiment with removal of the hood pad and the nozzles. As others have said, if you proceed, please be sure to post before and after pictures.

I really like that the nozzles on the new XTS and ATS aren't popped through the hood. Hopefully the next CTS will follow suit.

popacork
02-12-13, 04:19 PM
I really like that the nozzles on the new XTS and ATS aren't popped through the hood. Hopefully the next CTS will follow suit.

It's difficult to tell in the Jalopnic spy photo of the 2014 CTS because the car is black.

C "T" ess
02-13-13, 12:39 PM
Once the underhood pad is removed, the two nozzles are only held on by clips. removal should not be a problem. Be sure to clean them good in a degreaser or Dawn liquid dish soap. be careful to insert a pin in each nozzle to keep paint out. Tape off the inlet side for the same reason. After painting, you really let them dry before you buff them out and return them to the hood. You don't want washer fluid messing up your work.

popacork
02-13-13, 01:19 PM
Once the underhood pad is removed, the two nozzles are only held on by clips. removal should not be a problem. Be sure to clean them good in a degreaser or Dawn liquid dish soap. be careful to insert a pin in each nozzle to keep paint out. Tape off the inlet side for the same reason. After painting, you really let them dry before you buff them out and return them to the hood. You don't want washer fluid messing up your work.

Thanks for the info.!

Wayne's World
03-08-14, 03:14 PM
If anyone has done this could you report on how well it worked out. I'm not a fan of having them on the hood but I've learned to live with it on my Thunder Gray coupe. I'm thinking about getting a red or white coupe & it would be harder for me to ignore the
black nozzles on that. I was hoping someone would be selling them in body color but I haven't found any yet.