: HELP! - Disable DRLs for purpose of HID Drop-in Bulbs

Shaka
02-11-13, 12:51 PM
Vehicle is a 2012 Cadillac SRX Luxury that came with the standard halogen (projector) lights, not the HIDs. Bought a set of H11 5000K HIDs that I will be having retrofit into the vehicle. These are your standard eBay fare (Xentec brand) units.

My problem is that from what I've read on here and friends have told me, the low-voltage DRLs (6v?) will cause flickering and other issues with the HIDs. I want my "auto" headlight feature to work, but I don't want the headache of funky resistors or such. From what I have read on here, people have had DRLs disabled at the dealer.

My first dealer said they could not figure it out. Have another dealer checking it out Wednesday. First dealer didn't charge me, second dealer isn't sure either how to do it but said they will try and want $112+tax to make it happen. That is fine, I have no issues paying that fee... but I'd REALLY love to help them do it. Obviously there is some way on the Tech2 tool to go in and change settings...

Does anyone on these forums have any exacting details on how/where/what in the Tech2 tool to disable DRLs on a 2010+ SRX (in my case a 2012). Thanks in advance for any help!

kpann
02-12-14, 09:04 PM
Post Revival!!!!

Same question 100%. TTT

phunter1
02-13-14, 07:58 PM
This question has been asked several times. So far, no one has come up with a way to permanently turn off the daytime running lights. You can manually turn them off by turning the headlight knob to the left each time you start the car. Not a good solution, but the only one so far. Several have installed the HID's with varying success. The main issue is flickering or not turning on at DRL power levels. Do a search and you'll find plenty of threads. Here is one thread on the subject:
http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-srx-second-generation-forum-2010/266319-oem-hid-conversion-possible.html

If your dealer comes up with a way to turn off the DRL's, please post it on here as many of us would like to have HID's but don't want to deal with the DRL hassle.

Phil

kpann
02-14-14, 06:46 PM
phunter1 - I am all over the HID install. No issues with that. I have been trying with no success to find a wiring schematic for the lights as I would like to move the ~50% power to a different light for DRL functionality. I have even found a Yukon owner who has shaved the copper lead off of the DRL module board to eliminate the DRL but again no assistance with locating the DRL module in the SRX. I had one lead with being told it is "behind the stereo so forget about accessing it". No help with that one.