: Doors unlock without the SmartKey fob

katz
02-11-13, 11:10 AM
only on the drivers side, drivers door and drivers side rear door.

You can walk right up to the car and push the button on the handle and the doors open right up for you - all 4 of them.
The passenger door and passenger side rear do not open at all when approached directly, they stay locked, as does the truck, I can't open that.

And no, the keyfob is not in the car nor anywhere near the car, way at the other end of the house.
and, the car will re-lock itself after a few minutes with me standing right next to it just as it would if I had walked away with the fob.

Might want to confirm yours are working as you'd expect, I only discovered this accidentally - hearing the horn beep and the doors lock doesn't confirm they stay locked.

blue_skies
02-11-13, 08:10 PM
only on the drivers side, drivers door and drivers side rear door.

You can walk right up to the car and push the button on the handle and the doors open right up for you - all 4 of them.
The passenger door and passenger side rear do not open at all when approached directly, they stay locked, as does the truck, I can't open that.

And no, the keyfob is not in the car nor anywhere near the car, way at the other end of the house.
and, the car will re-lock itself after a few minutes with me standing right next to it just as it would if I had walked away with the fob.

Might want to confirm yours are working as you'd expect, I only discovered this accidentally - hearing the horn beep and the doors lock doesn't confirm they stay locked.

The settings & behavior are programmable from the CUE system. Did you set it to a certain behavior?

danscrim
02-12-13, 09:16 AM
The settings & behavior are programmable from the CUE system. Did you set it to a certain behavior?

The behavior settings dictate whether one or all doors will unlock when you push the button, etc. I can assure you that there is no setting for "unlock doors regardless of if FOB is nearby" which I think is what the OP is describing here.

katz
02-12-13, 10:46 AM
Correct, it is set to open all 4 with the fob, bit it's opening without it. Had this car since mid Dec and have confirmed in the past many times that it was truly locked and would not open without the fob. - Now that is no longer the case. Dealer has not had any response since my call last Saturday. I refused to leave my car there for another week while they figure something out. Two weeks in service already and only had the car for 8 weeks, that's 25%

Hoosier Daddy
02-12-13, 10:36 PM
That is strange. Does the problem go away if you take the fob even further away? In other words is the problem (the part about them unlocking at all) just that the receiver is too sensitive? I can't imagine how something could happen to the fob to boost its signal. I mean its not being stored in a parabolic shape aimed at the car, right? LoL

hood101010
02-13-13, 12:24 AM
Can you start the car after you unlock the doors without the fob?

Cadillac Cust Svc
02-13-13, 01:14 PM
Correct, it is set to open all 4 with the fob, bit it's opening without it. Had this car since mid Dec and have confirmed in the past many times that it was truly locked and would not open without the fob. - Now that is no longer the case. Dealer has not had any response since my call last Saturday. I refused to leave my car there for another week while they figure something out. Two weeks in service already and only had the car for 8 weeks, that's 25%

Katz, I'm sorry to see you've been experiencing this concern and that you've had it for service for two weeks. Have you called our Cadillac Customer Assistance Center at any point in this process? Please email me anytime at Katie_Lucille@gmexpert.com, and I can explore your best next steps with you.

Best,

Katie
Cadillac Customer Service