: Adapter from a Shift Knob?

LSUFoolsball
02-11-13, 03:33 AM
I am wanting to install a 5 ball shifter in my 2009 CTS-V Sedan. I was seeing is it a Screw type or do i need a adapter to install a custom shift knob? I saw where some were saying loosen the boot and pull up so is there a set screw I need to loosen or just un screw the whole thing off? I have a Manual 6Spd.

Thanks

LSUFoolsball
02-14-13, 03:33 AM
Anybody know?

thebigjimsho
02-17-13, 09:49 AM
No screw. The stock knob is a simple notch. You need to push down, then cock knob forward then pull up.

Lancekl
02-18-13, 06:45 PM
No screw. The stock knob is a simple notch. You need to push down, then cock knob forward then pull up.

I've tried everthing but dynamite and can't get that thing to budge

thebigjimsho
02-18-13, 08:15 PM
I had popped the knob off a couple of times. Then I went to install my suede shift boot and it wouldn't budge.

What I had to do was get a large rag, fold it over a number of times and beat the knob down HARD with a rubber mallet. I guess a blanket would work too. Once I did that, the knob popped off with the usual ease.

Yes, I await your juvenile comments, oh peanut gallery...

----------

BTW, "usual ease" is still going to require some big muscles. But it should be able to be done by most men...

SoCalCTSV
02-19-13, 08:27 AM
I just use a sock! It fits well over my knob!

Hahahahaha!

thebigjimsho
02-19-13, 10:32 AM
Oh dear.

Lancekl
02-19-13, 07:24 PM
I had popped the knob off a couple of times. Then I went to install my suede shift boot and it wouldn't budge.

What I had to do was get a large rag, fold it over a number of times and beat the knob down HARD with a rubber mallet. I guess a blanket would work too. Once I did that, the knob popped off with the usual ease.

Yes, I await your juvenile comments, oh peanut gallery...

----------

BTW, "usual ease" is still going to require some big muscles. But it should be able to be done by most men...

Thanks for the "knob beating" advise, I will give it a try.

LSUFoolsball
03-09-13, 01:55 PM
So what kind of Knob can I install? Like what type of connection does it need instead of screw.

Lancekl
03-09-13, 09:53 PM
Thanks for the "knob beating" advise, I will give it a try.

Have still not been able to get the shift knob off no matter what I do. About to cut it off but don't want to ruin a suede knob.
Took off my suede steering wheel and if I can get the knob off will give someone a good deal on the pair.

purplenurple
05-02-13, 02:24 PM
Look up TWM Shift knobs. They have a an adapter for the smooth GTO and C6 shafts that allows you to use their screw-on knobs.