: 2006 Escalade ESV

escalade addict
02-10-13, 08:19 PM
Hi guys. I'm new to this forum but I've seen lots of good stuff in here and I've been checking out the threads here ever since I purchased my 2006 EscAlade ESV over a month ago.

I got the sweet truck here in Dubai, UAE for only 11,780USD with only 66,250 miles on it on December 30, 2012. It runs great. Smooth and powerful up to this day. It's pearl white. Overall body paint looks great except for the dings and scuffs and little dents on the front and rear bumper and outside door panel/trim. Inside looks great except for the expected spots and stains on the carpet. Overall, I'm quite pleased and overjoyed with this caddy. It hasn't given me any problems yet up to this day.

Things that I've done for the truck so far:

1. Oil and filter change and tire rotation.
2. Brought it to the dealership here in Dubai and got the engine light check diagnosed and fixed. Problem was evap canister and valve. Parts replaced. Cost me around 150 bucks for parts and labor.
3. Bose speaker front driver side busted. Replaced. Cost me 127 bucks for the speaker oem.

Things I've discovered that needs to be addressed:

1. DIC is all in Arabic. Possible problem: Nav is after market. Nav is brandless with rear camera. Wiring to the steering controls have been tampererd so I can't change the language back to English.

2. Steering wheel controls do not function anymore except for the "i" and trip info buttons.

3. chimes don't sound anymore. Backing sensors don't sound anymore.
4. CD changer working but not connected to the stereo/Nav system.
5. Cruise control not working.
6. Rear entertainment sound controls not working but overhead DVD still working.
7. Major rusting under chassis but previous owner did some mediocre under chassis rustproofing. Still found some major rust decay on that thin metal that covers the disc brake.
8. Not sure if the rear height clearance from the wheel is still normal. Feels like it sits a little lower. Will show pics next time. The previous owner lowered the front height by tightening those two nuts under. Is that normal? I got it readjusted and now its back to normal. But the rear height seems to be level with the front. I thought the rear should sit a little higher.
9. When the truck is lifted up at the shop, both coils in the rear can be moved around easily. Is that normal? The guy at the shop told me the coils need replacing. Is this this why the truck seems to be sitting low at the back?
10. Previous owner had put 255/75/17R tires.
11. OEM air filter/intake Had been replaced by a k&n type of air intake but not k&n. Is this ok?
12. I removed the old super black tint on the windshield but I can't get the spot trapped between the glass and the rearview mirror. It's still there. Any tips on how to remove the rearview mirror?

Well, so far, these are the things that i want to get some advice on. Please do let me know what other essential things I need to get done on this truck considering the milage. I would greatly appreciate any tips. I love love this truck and I want to last it for a long time.

the cadillac man
02-10-13, 09:28 PM
Hi guys. I'm new to this forum but I've seen lots of good stuff in here and I've been checking out the threads here ever since I purchased my 2006 EscAlade ESV over a month ago.

I got the sweet truck here in Dubai, UAE for only 11,780USD with only 66,250 miles on it on December 30, 2012. It runs great. Smooth and powerful up to this day. It's pearl white. Overall body paint looks great except for the dings and scuffs and little dents on the front and rear bumper and outside door panel/trim. Inside looks great except for the expected spots and stains on the carpet. Overall, I'm quite pleased and overjoyed with this caddy. It hasn't given me any problems yet up to this day.

Things that I've done for the truck so far:

1. Oil and filter change and tire rotation.
2. Brought it to the dealership here in Dubai and got the engine light check diagnosed and fixed. Problem was evap canister and valve. Parts replaced. Cost me around 150 bucks for parts and labor.
3. Bose speaker front driver side busted. Replaced. Cost me 127 bucks for the speaker oem.

Things I've discovered that needs to be addressed:

1. DIC is all in Arabic. Possible problem: Nav is after market. Nav is brandless with rear camera. Wiring to the steering controls have been tampererd so I can't change the language back to English.

2. Steering wheel controls do not function anymore except for the "i" and trip info buttons.

3. chimes don't sound anymore. Backing sensors don't sound anymore.
4. CD changer working but not connected to the stereo/Nav system.
5. Cruise control not working.
6. Rear entertainment sound controls not working but overhead DVD still working.
7. Major rusting under chassis but previous owner did some mediocre under chassis rustproofing. Still found some major rust decay on that thin metal that covers the disc brake.
8. Not sure if the rear height clearance from the wheel is still normal. Feels like it sits a little lower. Will show pics next time. The previous owner lowered the front height by tightening those two nuts under. Is that normal? I got it readjusted and now its back to normal. But the rear height seems to be level with the front. I thought the rear should sit a little higher.
9. When the truck is lifted up at the shop, both coils in the rear can be moved around easily. Is that normal? The guy at the shop told me the coils need replacing. Is this this why the truck seems to be sitting low at the back?
10. Previous owner had put 255/75/17R tires.
11. OEM air filter/intake Had been replaced by a k&n type of air intake but not k&n. Is this ok?
12. I removed the old super black tint on the windshield but I can't get the spot trapped between the glass and the rearview mirror. It's still there. Any tips on how to remove the rearview mirror?

Well, so far, these are the things that i want to get some advice on. Please do let me know what other essential things I need to get done on this truck considering the milage. I would greatly appreciate any tips. I love love this truck and I want to last it for a long time.

I know 3,4 and 6 is because of the factory radio is gone(they are tied into the radio via the data bus of the truck
The cruise control is worked by a module under the dash(there is a fuse for this also)
Not sure about the steering wheel controls unless the clock spring in the steering column has broke from age(and is the reason you can't change the language)

The cold air intake is bound to be a k&n as there ain't many companies that make those(pics would help to verify)

The coil spring need replacing as that don't sound right

I think there should be a screw and the covers should pop off(not sure on the covers)

Cadillac Cust Svc
02-11-13, 03:29 PM
Hi, Escalade addict! I'm sorry you've been having these frustrations with your vehicle, and I wanted to let you know the contact information for the Customer Service team nearest you if you decide to involve them. https://ae-en.cadillacarabia.com/tools/contact.html may be helpful if you prefer online communications, and GM United Arab Emirates agents have a phone hotline at 971-4-332-5023.

Best,

Katie
Cadillac Customer Service

escalade addict
02-11-13, 04:00 PM
Hi Katie. Thanks for your reply. I have actually been to their GM dealership here in Dubai and they said they would have to fix the already tampered wiring first to fix this problem. I was hoping somebody here have had this problem and were able to fix it on their own without going to the dealership. But I will look into that link. Thanks again.

----------

I know 3,4 and 6 is because of the factory radio is gone(they are tied into the radio via the data bus of the truck
The cruise control is worked by a module under the dash(there is a fuse for this also)
Not sure about the steering wheel controls unless the clock spring in the steering column has broke from age(and is the reason you can't change the language)

The cold air intake is bound to be a k&n as there ain't many companies that make those(pics would help to verify)

The coil spring need replacing as that don't sound right

I think there should be a screw and the covers should pop off(not sure on the covers)

Thanks Cadillac Man. I guess I will shop around for better coils. Do you think salvage coils are good enough?

the cadillac man
02-11-13, 04:13 PM
Hi Katie. Thanks for your reply. I have actually been to their GM dealership here in Dubai and they said they would have to fix the already tampered wiring first to fix this problem. I was hoping somebody here have had this problem and were able to fix it on their own without going to the dealership. But I will look into that link. Thanks again.

----------

Thanks Cadillac Man. I guess I will shop around for better coils. Do you think salvage coils are good enough?

It would have a lot to do with the mileage but new ones are cheaper then you think