: What do you think?

carsaremytoys
02-10-13, 04:21 PM
High school friend of mine has a late 05 model, he states that it has the better diff and 6.0, I didn't know that was available until 06, but am unsure. He picked it up 18 months ago and deleted the mufflers (that's all) it now has 28k miles. Dove gray with tan interior.

He wants 26k firm. That's a little pricey I think, but it is just about stock and very low miles. He tells me that it has a little curb rash on one of the wheels and one of the tires has a bad tps. He said that he replaced the radiator (I guess there was an issue those years?).

Sounds like a nice ride, but I'm not sure that it's worth that price. And he is only a few miles from me, convenience factor comes in to play...

What do you think?

JDB
02-10-13, 04:26 PM
Dove gray? If Thunder gray and you say it has the 6.0, then it can only be an '07. And they have been holding value due to the rarity of that gray...and if '07 since its the first year GM did the longer drivetrain warranty. If Stealth gray, which is more blue/green, then price is too high.

carsaremytoys
02-10-13, 04:38 PM
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=631202894028&notif_t=video_tag

Here is a sound clip, I just asked what color gray he said it was.

He replied with stealth grey

----------

How much is too much?

Is it possible that he has the upgraded diff and 6.0 in an 05?

rand49er
02-10-13, 06:23 PM
That would be a very rare bird indeed if it was originally equipped with a 6.0 AND it's an '05.

JDB
02-10-13, 06:25 PM
High school kid... doesn't know what he's selling... skip.

(Don't have FB to see linked details.)

carsaremytoys
02-10-13, 08:33 PM
He's a high school friend of mine. Reading comprehension my friend.

Is an 05 possible with the 6.0? He states it's a late 05 model. Any thing is possible. I'll check it out later this week, but I honestly don't know what to look for, with all the plastic that covers Engines now a days

atdeneve
02-10-13, 08:35 PM
I'd assume he was saying that he's an old friend from high school. Not a friend that's in high school.

(Nevermind. Missed previous post. Multiple tabs open without refreshing.)

carlson_mn
02-10-13, 09:08 PM
He's a high school friend of mine. Reading comprehension my friend.

Is an 05 possible with the 6.0? He states it's a late 05 model. Any thing is possible. I'll check it out later this week, but I honestly don't know what to look for, with all the plastic that covers Engines now a days

To answer your questions I will refer you to your promotion of reading comprehension. There's about a million sources that will tell you which engines the 05's had vs. later years. Just get the VIN and have your insurance tell you what year it is if the seller sadly doesn't know. Okay not trying to be a dick but unless it had an engine swap, if it's an 05 it has the 5.7L LS6. Many 04/05 models have the later models diff from being replaced.

JDB
02-10-13, 10:21 PM
How is "high school friend of mine" clear that he is your friend when you two were in HS or a friend that is currently in HS?

Either way, either your HS friend is a dumbass or you can't comprehend what he's saying.

In the end, there is no late '05 that has a 6.0 so it's one of the two.

My guess is that it's an '05 (5.7 V8) and has a '06 rear diff. Talk to your HS friend again and report back who was right.

carsaremytoys
02-10-13, 11:32 PM
Aren't there any defining characteristics between the two engines? Physical characteristics.

barrok69
02-10-13, 11:42 PM
thethrottle bodies are different between LS6 and LS2. LS2 has 4 bolts holding it on, LS6 has 3. The throttle actuator motors are on different sides too . LS6 is on the right, LS2 is on the left

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1136/1481943820_61b15847bb.jpg

ZackLakatos
02-11-13, 04:22 AM
No good dawg. I replaced the diff in my 05 after i shattered that piece of shit, but an 05 with a 6.0? No chance. that would cost him thousands, if the only thing done to it was a muffler delete..then he sure as hell didnt do an engine swap..let alone have the dough to pay for an engine swap.

hes trying to sell you a basic 05 5.7 LS6, with a better rear end, and hoping youll bite becasue it has low mileage. Theres thousands of great 05's on this site for sale. for much cheaper, some even maggied! look around, anyone telling a white lie about engine size, .3 or 1.3 difference, he probably has more to hide than just the smaller engine.

I bought my second V off here, and had it shipped three states up to me for 600$.. which you can usually talk the seller into paying for you to negotiate a better deal. most sellers budge a 1,000 or so.

silentwig
02-11-13, 08:06 PM
thethrottle bodies are different between LS6 and LS2. LS2 has 4 bolts holding it on, LS6 has 3. The throttle actuator motors are on different sides too . LS6 is on the right, LS2 is on the left

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1136/1481943820_61b15847bb.jpg
Exact reason I got an LS2...better TB aesthetics.:D

ApacheDriver
02-12-13, 05:01 PM
High school friend of mine has a late 05 model, he states that it has the better diff and 6.0, I didn't know that was available until 06, but am unsure. He picked it up 18 months ago and deleted the mufflers (that's all) it now has 28k miles. Dove gray with tan interior.

He wants 26k firm. That's a little pricey I think, but it is just about stock and very low miles. He tells me that it has a little curb rash on one of the wheels and one of the tires has a bad tps. He said that he replaced the radiator (I guess there was an issue those years?).

Sounds like a nice ride, but I'm not sure that it's worth that price. And he is only a few miles from me, convenience factor comes in to play...

What do you think?

Since you asked what I think, I will simply say...Compare

http://huntsville.craigslist.org/cto/3610624634.html

HAMSTAR
02-12-13, 05:06 PM
fwiw, when i was shopping for a V, i came across a late 05 redline that the seller claimed had an LS2 in it from the factory. he said they started putting the LS2 in the V from late 05. i never saw it; this was all over the phone.

etcts-v
02-12-13, 05:24 PM
Yeah pass on that way too much for an '05, even in excellent condition KBB value is only $20,680... That's $6k extra you could be spending on a blower!

If you have questions on the motor, just get the VIN and google Free VIN decoder, never heard of an LS2 6.0l in an '05 but they were put in the '05 Corvette and '05 GTO so I suppose it's possible but only in a parallel universe.

----------

That's a sick motor setup, he still may have issues getting $27,500 for it though even with a 383 and Maggie. Surprised he doesn't have Dyno numbers?

carsaremytoys
02-12-13, 08:47 PM
I checked it out today. It had the red corvette plastic covers that stated 5.7, the strut bar stated LS6, and the throttle body was that of an LS6. I actually think he's in denial. He is a huge GM/chevy guy too, He just doesn't want to believe that he got shafted.

Thanks for the help all!

And damn, Apache, that seems like one hell of a deal!

ZackLakatos
02-13-13, 08:17 AM

My point exactly. and even thats not pricd to sell, its a fair price, but you cannot forget that its still almost a decade old. your friends about 5,000 off what he will actually get for it.

ApacheDriver
02-13-13, 10:10 AM
Thanks again for the positive comments. I agree that it is a fair price and that the car is almost a decade old. It is hard to get a true impression of this car in photos. It is something you would have to come look at and experience for yourself. It commands the listed price. However, it is an asking price.

thebigjimsho
02-15-13, 11:22 AM
Hope it goes well for you!