: Ford Recalls Centennial GT

Playdrv4me
01-01-05, 06:04 AM
Just when you thought it was safe to pull your GT out of the garage...

From Edmunds.com:

The 550-hp, 205-mph Ford GT supercar is on the list of recalled cars this week after Ford announced that the vehicles' suspensions were susceptible to cracked components. The $139,990 supercar has been designed to commemorate the company's 100th anniversary, and debuted in 2003 as a concept. The first batch of 448 production GTs are involved in the recall; the faulty suspension components in question could crack, leading to a loss of stability in the 550-hp, 205-mph car. Only 111 of the vehicles are in owners' hands; Ford will pick up those vehicles for the repairs. The Detroit News notes that the GT was rushed into production in 2004 from its original conception in roughly half of the time that the typical vehicle spends in its preproduction stages.

davesdeville
01-01-05, 06:26 AM
Damn, cause I just bought 2 of those. :p

Msilva954
01-01-05, 06:33 AM
I knew someone would post that here...lol

And the problem is?????

Thats great that they are voluntarlily recalling these cars before something can happen...I see nothing wrong with that at all......

The thing that I dont under stand.......well actually I understand it completely...is like usual....an American car company has ONE problem with their flagship car and the media blows it waaaaayyy out of poportion..figures...

The thing that they dont show you in the article are the recall and TSB's of new Ferraris Lamborghinis ext.......the Ferrari 360 has 3 pages of recalls and TSBs......but OHHH its a Ferrari and isnt worth mentioning I guess......PSHHHH to the media for bashing on great american cars.

Playdrv4me
01-01-05, 06:45 AM
Hey dont shoot the messenger... I just thought it was interesting.

Rolex
01-01-05, 06:54 AM
Better to know now then while crusing the road at 150. :cool:

Msilva954
01-01-05, 07:57 AM
Hey dont shoot the messenger... I just thought it was interesting.

Oh no...nothin goin towards you lol

Towards the media.....you never see Ferrari recalls or any other exotic recall....but when an american exotic gets recalled......it seems as though every news station, newspaper ext has it as their top story.

Makes me wonder.....are all the big news corps still american owned...???

Playdrv4me
01-01-05, 08:45 AM
Well honestly... I dug that out of the past weeks Auto News archives at Edmunds.com, I hadnt heard anything about it til tonight, ever.

evilrussian
01-01-05, 09:04 AM
Because when you tnink of Ford you picture whole array of different vehicles: economy, trucks, luxury... Ferrari has a tiny market share of overall automobile industry. I'm sure Acura NSX had a hiccup or two when they just came out, I doubt it was anything as serious as GTs problem. Just my opinion.

Msilva954
01-01-05, 09:55 AM
Serious...nah not really....this recall is really towards the people who race them or go autocrossing......someone who babies it would never come into this problem....

Ferraris have faulty airbags; transmissions; ext.....now thats serious

majax
01-01-05, 11:00 AM
Faulty suspension is pretty unsafe(Explorer) about as bad as faulty brakes. We all knew it was not the tires fault

Ralph
01-01-05, 02:57 PM
I still want one! I guess Jay Leno will have to make a trip to the dealership.

majax
01-01-05, 05:03 PM
I still want one! I guess Jay Leno will have to make a trip to the dealership.

It rolls over and badly injures him on the way there:histeric:

Ralph
01-01-05, 05:09 PM
It rolls over and badly injures him on the way there:histeric:

He has more money than Ford, so it might be pointless for him to sue. ;)

majax
01-01-05, 05:41 PM
He has more money than Ford, so it might be pointless for him to sue. ;):histeric: :histeric: thats so mean

brougham
01-04-05, 03:54 PM
Msilva954 maybe they're just making a big deal out of it because they know how great Fords usually are :)

It's funny how they couldn't make the Explorer roll over during tests even when they blew out the tires :bonkers: Road & Track or some other magazine even said when they tried it it was one of the best cars they ever drove with blown out tires.

Msilva954
01-04-05, 04:09 PM
Msilva954 maybe they're just making a big deal out of it because they know how great Fords usually are :)

It's funny how they couldn't make the Explorer roll over during tests even when they blew out the tires :bonkers: Road & Track or some other magazine even said when they tried it it was one of the best cars they ever drove with blown out tires.

haha...Ford has its problems like all....but the american media for some reason exagerates all the american manufacutres faults...o well....probably wont change for a while....

Actually I was driving an explorer yesterday...2002 I think....and while it was enemic with the V6 and the tires were horribly loud.....it actually drove alot better then a 2000 we drove that had a V8 and all.