: 2006 Escalade Changer/Player

Otis.Thompson
02-10-13, 10:58 AM
Hello everyone, I'm new to the Forum and as I was looking over the issues, I can tell there's good information out there. My problem is that the CD Changer has stopped working and none of the lights work. Has anyone else had this problem and if you did what was the solution.

the cadillac man
02-10-13, 11:10 AM
Hello everyone, I'm new to the Forum and as I was looking over the issues, I can tell there's good information out there. My problem is that the CD Changer has stopped working and none of the lights work. Has anyone else had this problem and if you did what was the solution.

Does the onstar and rear seat DVD player work?
If yes then the cd changer has quit if no then the info fuse in the underhood fuse box has blown

mikedyk43
02-10-13, 06:32 PM
Assuming that it worked previously and lit up, after checking fuses, I would verify that the plug didn't come out from either the changer or the headunit.

YoshiMan
02-11-13, 12:47 AM
if it ultimately comes down the the CD changer not working as a unit, there are places you can send it that will perform repairs and ship it back.

the cadillac man
02-11-13, 01:30 AM
Assuming that it worked previously and lit up, after checking fuses, I would verify that the plug didn't come out from either the changer or the headunit.

Mike the cd changer has a independent power supply(as crazy as it sounds) which is tied into the rear seat DVD and the onstar(I found out when my DVD player got fried)

Cadillac Cust Svc
02-11-13, 03:17 PM
Welcome to the forum, Otis! I see that the community is already jumping in to help, and please feel free to email me if you decide to consult your dealer and would like me to contact them on your behalf. I'm reachable via email at Katie_Lucille@gmexpert.com for further assistance!

Katie
Cadillac Customer Service