: Something Loose and Rattles when Starting or Shutting Engine Off

Herjeff
02-10-13, 08:24 AM
2011, I've been experiencing a dull rattle or knocking sound when starting my vehicle and shutting it off. If this was 10 years ago I'd say one of the exaust, muffler or tail pipe pieces was rubbing against the frame under carriage. Almost like something, on the underside is loose and making a dull rattle or just to close and hitting something. Happens mostly when staring and most definitely when shutting engine off. Anyone experienced this noise.

Cadillac Cust Svc
02-11-13, 05:15 PM
Herjeff, would you consider bringing your rattle concerns to your dealer's attention? I'm happy to contact them at any point on your behalf, or check for any open recalls on your SRX myself. Please email me at Katie_Lucille@gmexpert.com for further assistance. If you prefer the DIY approach, then I hope the community chimes in soon with feedback!

Best,

Katie
Cadillac Customer Service

Likely
02-11-13, 09:21 PM
Herjeff....

Take it to a dealership... Thats why you have the warranty!!!! It can't be anything to serious.....

Herjeff
02-12-13, 08:19 AM
Thanks for both replies. I have an oil change coming up in 500 miles and I'll present the problem at that time and see if it can be corrected.