: CUE talks too much....

AtlantaGuy00
02-10-13, 12:32 AM
CUE does a great job with the voice commands for music, but not so great with the Nav. I think it's because there are so many newly incorporated cities in the Atlanta metro area, and I don't always know what city the address is. So, for whatever reason it has a hard time locating address, espicially with voice commands. After a few failed trys, it starts to go through a list of instructions on how to use the nav commands. IT WON'T SHUT UP! CUE GOES ON AND ON! It says: "You can say this, or that and blah blah blah" for what seems like 10 minutes and I'm screaming "shut up! Stop! Cancel! I don't care! You B**** leave me alone! And you can't make it stop reading the owners manual to you! Even pressing the voice button doen't stop it.

Does anyone know how to make it stop once it goes into it's instructions mode? Or better yet, is there a setting that when it doens't understand it just says "I'm sorry, try again" and cuts off? I have it set for short prompts, but can't tell a difference.

inspectorudy
02-10-13, 09:27 AM
You can press the little voice or answer button on the top left side of the steering wheel control panel to shut her up. This will keep the session going and will not end it like the little button just below it which hangs up the phone or ends a CUE voice session. In other words if she starts her tutorial on how to say the Nav destinations you can push the button and you will hear a beep at which point you can try again. I use it all the time because you are right, she talks too much.

Sir CussFreq
02-10-13, 01:28 PM
Say the word 'Cancel'. She'll say 'Goodbye'.

AtlantaGuy00
02-10-13, 06:38 PM
To me all those instructions are like when you first buy a computer and you have the option to watch the tutorials or click "never show me this again". CUE should have some setting where it doesn't give your any instructions. If it doens't understand, fine. Just tell me and cut of. I'm thinking, when this car is 5 years old and I totally get CUE I would love to not have to listen to all this.

inspectorudy
02-10-13, 08:32 PM
Maybe Codeman will bring that up to the CUE team and offer that as an option on the settings page.

codeman71
02-11-13, 07:55 AM
To me all those instructions are like when you first buy a computer and you have the option to watch the tutorials or click "never show me this again". CUE should have some setting where it doesn't give your any instructions. If it doens't understand, fine. Just tell me and cut of. I'm thinking, when this car is 5 years old and I totally get CUE I would love to not have to listen to all this.

You're absolutely right that they are intended more for the first time you use the system until you get familiar with it. I would also recommend going into Settings, selecting Voice, and then Prompt Length. If you set this to Short, it will cut her down a fair bit, but pushing the voice button again on the steering wheel also is a good shortcut to skip ahead to the beep.

----------

Maybe Codeman will bring that up to the CUE team and offer that as an option on the settings page.

Yep, I already brought this one up (beep only mode) and people seemed interested, so hopefully we'll be able to get it in at some point.