: Tuning XTS for added power?

axemanblue
02-09-13, 11:39 PM
Good evening, drivers.

I feel this may be old ground, but I didn't see it in the first few pages of this forum so I'm posing the question.

Has anyone had experiences / success getting some additional horses in the XTS V6? I love the ride but would definitely feel better with more than the 304. I'm in the LA area, so if anyone has some SoCal tuner shops they love I would be happy to hear it.

Thanks in advance.

flying fossil
02-10-13, 12:27 PM
My feelings exactly. The car is adequate as recieved but I think that 350-370 hp would make this "THE" sedan out there.
Maybe a chip and exhaust system ????

cblove
02-10-13, 03:36 PM
Personally I would not touch the tune. Your asking for trouble with warranty and god knows what else.

ddawson
02-10-13, 05:58 PM
A little knowledge is dangerous.

thebigjimsho
02-11-13, 03:12 PM
The 3.6 will not be easy to get power out of. You'd have to do a lot just to get to 330hp...

cardio-doc
02-14-13, 08:37 AM
The only 'easy' tuning one can do to this car for increasing power (and being able to feel it) is Nitrous. And I'd be surprised if anyone who buys a new XTS would seriously consider doing it. While you can safely use Nitrous on a car like an XTS so long as you use a prudent system, I can't imagine a typical XTS buyer being interested in something like that, especially given it's inherent inconveniences (activating the system, refilling the bottle, etc).

Anything else is bogus, bs, or something you won't notice. It cracks me up that in 2013, people think that there is some 'easy add-on' that GM engineers aren't clearly aware of, emission-compliance notwithstanding. Vehicle performance is lightyears ahead of what it was 20 years ago in-terms of power and efficiency. So there's nothing you can handily do to improve the performance of an XTS, though there is plenty you can do to screw it up.

axemanblue
02-15-13, 08:50 PM
Thanks for the replies. I hear what you all are saying in terms of possibly screwing things up one way or another. And no, nitrous is definitely not what I had in mind. (Trying to bring Fast & Furious to my life has never interested me. Drifting the Caddy? Umm, no thank you.)

I do hope that later incarnations of the car feature a more powerful engine. But thanks for the insight in any case.

blue_skies
02-19-13, 05:57 PM
My feelings exactly. The car is adequate as recieved but I think that 350-370 hp would make this "THE" sedan out there.
Maybe a chip and exhaust system ????

Sure that you do want this much on a FWD (or FWD biased) drivetrain?

b4z
02-21-13, 09:36 PM
My guess is we will see a tvs1320 based supercharger for these cars by the summer.