: How many Miles per Tank do you get.

Txao1051
02-09-13, 09:59 AM
I was wondering how many Miles per Tank yall are getting and what upgrades/mods do you have on your lade.

I am averaging around 260 miles per tank and looking for better gas mileage

90limited
02-09-13, 11:07 AM
My ext has a 31 gallon tank... I am getting close to 500 miles per tank... I am averaging about 16 MPG city/highway.

wesyder
02-09-13, 04:22 PM
My ext has a 31 gallon tank... I am getting close to 500 miles per tank... I am averaging about 16 MPG city/highway.

Wow 500, how are you measuring this

the cadillac man
02-09-13, 04:24 PM

That's what I want to know as I barely average 15 in mixed driving(16 on long trips)

wesyder
02-09-13, 04:28 PM
That's what I want to know as I barely average 15 in mixed driving(16 on long trips)

When i fill up sometimes the display show close to 500 miles till empty but i hardly get that

Txao1051
02-09-13, 05:20 PM
Wow... I am lucky if mine reads 300! What did you do to get that?

MrHolland
02-09-13, 05:21 PM

16 X 31 = around 500

wesyder
02-09-13, 06:23 PM
16 X 31 = around 500

In the perfect world yeah, but is anyone else getting even close to that ? I should also add what size engine but i don't think it matters much

the cadillac man
02-09-13, 07:12 PM
In the perfect world yeah, but is anyone else getting even close to that ? I should also add what size engine but i don't think it matters much

My 03 has the 6.0 with all wheel drive

Txao1051
02-09-13, 07:15 PM
Yea I have an 05 with the 6.0L awd... Maybe ill use a fuel injector cleaner with next oil change and install a K&n

6lbsofSound
02-09-13, 08:42 PM
Esv's and Ext's have a larger tank than the base models so 4-500 mile mark per tank is plausible. I don't think anyone with a base model escalade that has a 26 gal tank is going to see that range.

wesyder
02-09-13, 09:12 PM
Esv's and Ext's have a larger tank than the base models so 4-500 mile mark per tank is plausible. I don't think anyone with a base model escalade that has a 26 gal tank is going to see that range.

I have the 31 gal but i forgot to consider the ext is probably lighter also maybe its a flat commute with no grades to achieve that, i don't recall ever seeing 4-500 range on a tank, even the bases should be close with a 5 gal variance

the cadillac man
02-09-13, 09:50 PM
I have the 31 gal but i forgot to consider the ext is probably lighter also maybe its a flat commute with no grades to achieve that, i don't recall ever seeing 4-500 range on a tank, even the bases should be close with a 5 gal variance

It depends on how you drive also but I have doubts about the ext being lighter as it is on the same frame as the esv

wesyder
02-09-13, 09:59 PM
It depends on how you drive also but I have doubts about the ext being lighter as it is on the same frame as the esv

It doesn't seem like much but both side glass the longer roof and 3rd row accommodations (brackets and body strengthening) must account for something

90limited
02-09-13, 10:02 PM
16 X 31 = around 500

Mr Holland nailed it... it is simple math. I am ,however, assuming that the trip computer is accurate and I am in fact averaging 16MPG. I have not filled up, reset trip meter, filled up again and manually calculated MPG... Last long trip I took, computer told me I was getting 18mpg.......

the cadillac man
02-09-13, 11:07 PM
Mr Holland nailed it... it is simple math. I am ,however, assuming that the trip computer is accurate and I am in fact averaging 16MPG. I have not filled up, reset trip meter, filled up again and manually calculated MPG... Last long trip I took, computer told me I was getting 18mpg.......

That's the way I do it when I get the average mpg
Last time I took a long road trip I got 16.7 mpg but I may see a improvement with new plugs in the engine

MrHolland
02-10-13, 12:15 AM
I've often seen no change or even a decrease in fuel mileage after a tune up, but an increase in performance. Probably due to the difference in the amount of fuel the engine is able to burn when its clean compared to being dirty. (Plugs, air filter and old wires with increased resistance)

-----Eh, what do I really know though.

the cadillac man
02-10-13, 12:52 AM
I've often seen no change or even a decrease in fuel mileage after a tune up, but an increase in performance. Probably due to the difference in the amount of fuel the engine is able to burn when its clean compared to being dirty. (Plugs, air filter and old wires with increased resistance)

I have seen a improvement in performance with the new plugs(I have a k&n air filter) but like I said I haven't made a long road trip yet to see if it will make a difference in the mpg for me yet

mikedyk43
02-10-13, 02:10 AM

This makes sense when you make an equation out of it! Tune up = better performance = heavier foot = decreased MPG. Math doesn't lie, a tune up does decrease fuel efficiency.

capriRS
02-10-13, 10:28 AM
2002 6.0L AWD EXT has k&n cai and corsa catback kit, im luck to see 350 to a tank! Ran sea foam in fuel system new plugs and wires.. Nothing has helped! I run 89oct all the time ive even put 91 in and all that got me was a lighter back pocket!

the cadillac man
02-10-13, 11:20 AM
This makes sense when you make an equation out of it! Tune up = better performance = heavier foot = decreased MPG. Math doesn't lie, a tune up does decrease fuel efficiency.

I thing I don't have is the heavy foot(unless I am passing someone) if I can I try to use the cruse control but I have noticed since I put new plugs that I haven't had to be as heavy on the pedal as I did before (my first car was a 79 Chrysler cordoba and you could sit and watch the hand move even with new plugs and wires as the car has a three speed tranny which is terrible on fuel and it loves the high octane fuel=pricey)

MrHolland
02-10-13, 11:26 AM
I use raw uncut gasoline in my cars. Easily justified, all I have to do is achieve two miles per gallon better than I would with ethanol gasoline. I have actually gotten 5 to 6 miles per gallon better in one car by using pure gasoline. That however was not in a Cadillac

the cadillac man
02-10-13, 12:05 PM
I use raw uncut gasoline in my cars. Easily justified, all I have to do is achieve two miles per gallon better than I would with ethanol gasoline. I have actually gotten 5 to 6 miles per gallon better in one car by using pure gasoline. That however was not in a Cadillac

True and the ethanol is hard on the carburetor of older cars(my 79 Chrysler cordoba for example) as it likes to plug the jets if the car sits(I have been using fuel stabilizer to combat this

wesyder
02-10-13, 01:32 PM
2002 6.0L AWD EXT has k&n cai and corsa catback kit, im luck to see 350 to a tank! Ran sea foam in fuel system new plugs and wires.. Nothing has helped! I run 89oct all the time ive even put 91 in and all that got me was a lighter back pocket!

Id like to see your same routine on 87 octane i can see you getting closer to 400

Txao1051
02-10-13, 03:03 PM
Are you supposed to use premium gasoline in the tank that helps with the performance or the engine will knock?

the cadillac man
02-10-13, 03:08 PM
Are you supposed to use premium gasoline in the tank that helps with the performance or the engine will knock?

The manual calls for premium fuel but I don't use it and haven't seen any difference

Txao1051
02-10-13, 03:14 PM
I hae been using it and only get like 250 miles/tank... I think imma get an oil change and go to synthetic, maybe royal purple, or fine something to improve my mileage. 3.84 a gallon is ridiculous for this 10 degree weather

Txao1051
02-12-13, 08:54 PM
i just went through another tank and got just over 8mpg!!!! HELP PLEASE!

the cadillac man
02-12-13, 09:17 PM
i just went through another tank and got just over 8mpg!!!! HELP PLEASE!

Have you replaced the spark plugs lately?
Is the check engine light on?
There is a lot of causes for the low mpg

MrHolland
02-12-13, 10:22 PM
I THINK the cold weather additives that go into gasoline in extremely cold climates reduce the amount of miles per gallon. Like said, I think..

the cadillac man
02-12-13, 10:58 PM
I THINK the cold weather additives that go into gasoline in extremely cold climates reduce the amount of miles per gallon. Like said, I think..

Could be possible

zapconj
02-13-13, 09:28 AM
I get on average 350 - 400 miles per gallon.

For every tank I reset the trip meter to zero then drive normally till its near E.

When I do long runs I'm always getting about 400 miles on the trip. City drive and around town driving and I'm around 350 on the trip.

The range meter changes on the fly with your driving habits. I personally don't think it's a good estimator for you "miles per tank" estimate.

However... I would love 500 miles per tank! Lol

Txao1051
02-13-13, 05:59 PM
Have you replaced the spark plugs lately?
Is the check engine light on?
There is a lot of causes for the low mpg

No I haven't replaced the plugs and check engine light isn't on

----------

Well that would make sense... I live 1 hr away from Canadian border in north dakota

Tx_Lee
02-13-13, 06:22 PM
i get about 320-360 miles per tank on my 05 cadillac escalade base 5.3L 2wd using 87 octane averaging about 15 mpg city+highway (i have a heavy foot also)