: 20inch rims on cts-v 2004

worldwarbullies
02-09-13, 02:36 AM
Hello I'm new on here and also to the cts-V. Well I have an 2004 V and I lowerit withH&R springs. I just have a shop order me some 20inch Lexani R-6. The company claims it well fit perfect. My concern is well it rub? What can I do to help it not rub? Fender Roll? Smaller tires? Please help

ONEBADCADDIE
02-09-13, 07:47 PM
Make sure they know it's a V with 6 lugs..not the stock CTS with 5. Not a lot out there for us and if so big $$$.. As of fitment I'm not sure I've never really researched anything over 19s

AAIIIC
02-09-13, 08:32 PM
I'm guessing you have no idea what size and offset the wheels are, am I correct?

Assuming the wheels are the proper width and offset, and assuming you order the correct size tires to match the stock width and diameter, there's no reason to think this setup will be any more prone to rubbing than the stock wheels and tires.

worldwarbullies
02-09-13, 08:49 PM
Ok. Thanks guys. Lets see what happens when I get them in. The guy at the shop told me if it doesn't fit then he refund me my money. I'll post up pic next week

xbladr
02-10-13, 09:43 PM
Looking forward to seeing the wheels

barrok69
02-10-13, 10:33 PM
I'm guessing you have no idea what size and offset the wheels are, am I correct?

Assuming the wheels are the proper width and offset, and assuming you order the correct size tires to match the stock width and diameter, there's no reason to think this setup will be any more prone to rubbing than the stock wheels and tires.

Even if he matches the stock OD, this combo with 20" wheel will be "bigger" than an 18" setup mainly because of the lack of sidewall deflection and usually a more square tire setup. As wheel size goes up SLR goes up too. What ends up happening is it will give it the monster truck effect (raising the vehicle). He's on a lowered car so it shouldn't be so bad. But with H&R's I can't imagine there's much room for 20" in that envelope given how much those springs drop the car.

barrok69
02-10-13, 10:34 PM
"how do I delete double posts"

lilgCTS-V
02-10-13, 10:38 PM
i have 20"s on my V fit perfectly fine.

AAIIIC
02-11-13, 12:01 AM
Even if he matches the stock OD, this combo with 20" wheel will be "bigger" than an 18" setup mainly because of the lack of sidewall deflection and usually a more square tire setup. As wheel size goes up SLR goes up too. What ends up happening is it will give it the monster truck effect (raising the vehicle).
Huh? How would running the same diameter tires raise the vehicle? And unless he's running a very aggressive offset, the amount of sidewall deflection isn't going to make or break the fitment.

i have 20"s on my V fit perfectly fine.
... he said, while providing zero useful information on wheel specs, tire sizing, or suspension setup.

barrok69
02-11-13, 12:43 AM
Huh? How would running the same diameter tires raise the vehicle? And unless he's running a very aggressive offset, the amount of sidewall deflection isn't going to make or break the fitment.

... he said, while providing zero useful information on wheel specs, tire sizing, or suspension setup.

If you have an 18" and 20" wheel sitting next to each other on the floor with the same OD tires they will measure the same OD. As soon as you apply the vehicle weight to that assembly the load of the vehicle changes and deforms the lower portion of the tire sidewall. Measuring the height of the assembly...the 18" assembly will be shorter from the ground to the top of the tire compared to a 20" assembly....even though both tires have the same OD. There is more wheel ie. less deformable area with the 20" assembly. There are SLR (static loaded radius) calculators that you can use to calculate the difference in height.

worldwarbullies
02-11-13, 02:45 PM
H&R springs drop 1.2 inch in front and 1 inch in backs

etcts-v
02-11-13, 03:20 PM
H&R springs drop 1.2 inch in front and 1 inch in backs

You are incorrect sir! haha They publish a 1.2 inch in front and 1 inch in back but it is widely known the drop is considerably more. On average you can expect around a 1.8" drop, mine was more like 2.0" drop.

worldwarbullies
02-11-13, 05:18 PM
Yea bro. That's what I was thinking also. I was like it look more then an inch drop.

etcts-v
02-11-13, 09:46 PM
Yea bro. That's what I was thinking also. I was like it look more then an inch drop.

Exactly why I went to Coilovers!

NCOGNITO
02-13-13, 03:22 PM
There's a set on LS1Tech classifieds with pics: http://ls1tech.com/forums/cadillac-cts-v-classifieds/1616669-20-3-piece-cts-v-rims-forsale.html

lilgCTS-V
02-19-13, 12:04 PM

Sorry, 20*8.5 in the front wrapped in 245/35 and the rears are 20*10.5 275/30

Silencertk
08-09-13, 05:19 PM
Whatever happened. What offset did you go with. Looking to purchase the same.