: Rid the rake? Lowering the rear.

CaddyEscalade
02-09-13, 01:35 AM
Is there a way to retain the factory air leveling system and lower the rear of the caddy to get rid of the rake? I would like to see the rear sit more level to the front.

Thanks in advance!

the cadillac man
02-09-13, 02:09 AM
Is there a way to retain the factory air leveling system and lower the rear of the caddy to get rid of the rake? I would like to see the rear sit more level to the front.

Thanks in advance!

The rear sensors can be modified to lower the rear of the truck(make small adjustments till you get the desired results)

mikedyk43
02-09-13, 03:02 AM

Thanks in advance!

You will need lowering springs in the rear and also need to shorten the connecting rods on the rear sensors. I bought some long bolts that were the same diameter as the factory connecting rods and cut them to the length I needed. Keep in mind that lowering the rear more than about 3 inches and you have to start removing bump stops and perhaps cutting off the bumpstop mounts like I did.

CaddyEscalade
02-09-13, 09:19 PM
The rear sensors can be modified to lower the rear of the truck(make small adjustments till you get the desired results)

Is there any details on how to do this?

the cadillac man
02-09-13, 09:52 PM
Is there any details on how to do this?

Mike has lowered his escalade but if you go real low you will have to remove the bump stops and the mounts

As far as the sensor there should be a connecting rod on the sensor

CaddyEscalade
02-10-13, 12:29 AM
I don't want to lower it much, just to drop the rear an inch or 2. I don't want to go through the work changing springs. Thanks for the help.

mikedyk43
02-10-13, 12:36 AM
I don't want to lower it much, just to drop the rear an inch or 2. I don't want to go through the work changing springs. Thanks for the help.

Let the air out of your rear shocks and if you want it lower than that, you will HAVE to change the springs...

90limited
02-10-13, 09:55 AM
Before I fixed the compressor, I had no rake, now the the shocks have air in them, I have the tail up in the air. I would guess that you could drop about an 3/4 to an inch by modifing the connecting rod. I would not allow the shocks to be completely empty, as IMHO it is not good for them.

the cadillac man
02-10-13, 11:21 AM
Before I fixed the compressor, I had no rake, now the the shocks have air in them, I have the tail up in the air. I would guess that you could drop about an 3/4 to an inch by modifing the connecting rod. I would not allow the shocks to be completely empty, as IMHO it is not good for them.

The rear shocks are a air/gas hybrid and I don't think it will hurt the shocks so much as it will the ride of the truck with the air out of the shocks

mikedyk43
02-10-13, 04:23 PM
I wasn't suggesting that he drive around with deflated airbags, just to see if the rear height was were he wanted without inflated shocks.

the cadillac man
02-10-13, 06:30 PM
I wasn't suggesting that he drive around with deflated airbags, just to see if the rear height was were he wanted without inflated shocks.

I thought he was wanting the air out of them my mistake

mikedyk43
02-10-13, 07:11 PM
I thought he was wanting the air out of them my mistake

No worries, I was just pointing out that if he is not satisfied with the rear ride height with no air in the bags, he would have to install different springs.