: Ordering a bunch of parts

253ctsv
02-08-13, 10:35 PM
So I just got a check I was waiting on and I'm looking to spend a nice chunk on parts. From exhaust to bushings and such. Is it possible I make a list and a couple retailers that are on here can hook me up with a pretty good deal for spending so much? Or am I better off just shopping around?

rand49er
02-08-13, 10:51 PM
Maryland Speed has been advertising headers on here lately. Lindsay Cadillac (Luke Butler) always has good stuff. PISNUOFF is always running a sale on shifters. I see Revshift's ad on the right of the screen for bushings.

What else are you looking for?

253ctsv
02-08-13, 11:16 PM
Well I haven't actually made a list but.

Kooks 1 7/8 headers (bolts ect)
Corsa exhaust (no cats)
Motor and tranny mounts
All engine pullies
New plugs, wires, cool sox(kool socks w/e)
Was going to talk to pisinuoff about shifter and bushings
Eventually a cam
I feel like there's more that I'm forgetting

I saw the deal on the headers, thought maybe if I bought everything from the same place I might get a better deal than shopping around for individual parts

----------

Also a new slave, pilot bearing, remote bleeder, and arp bolts for my clutch n flywheel I just ordered

----------

Another question. I'd eventually like to build a stroker motor. So I'm trying to do just enough to hold me over a year or 2 without blowing too much $ on heads, intake and such. Would it be worth the money to get the stock ls6 stuff ported and polished? Or just leave it alone

etcts-v
02-09-13, 05:48 AM
253CTSV clear your PM box, it's full and won't let me send the long ass message I just wrote about vendor recommendations!

253ctsv
02-09-13, 08:55 AM
253CTSV clear your PM box, it's full and won't let me send the long ass message I just wrote about vendor recommendations!

Done, sorry man. Also just ordered all pullies and clutch stuff

alradco
02-09-13, 05:10 PM
[/COLOR]Another question. I'd eventually like to build a stroker motor. So I'm trying to do just enough to hold me over a year or 2 without blowing too much $ on heads, intake and such. Would it be worth the money to get the stock ls6 stuff ported and polished? Or just leave it alone

Personally I would just leave it for now if your plan is to build a stroker. You could also throw a little nitrous at it to help hold you over.

253ctsv
02-09-13, 05:21 PM
Personally I would just leave it for now if your plan is to build a stroker. You could also throw a little nitrous at it to help hold you over.

Well certain things I have to do anyways because the cars all stock. (Exhaust, headers, clutch, bushings, mounts, I just ordered one of your radiators. I don't really wanna put more than 500-1000 into the engine. That's a cam and maybe porting the heads and intake? I'm not really sure what's possible as far as that stuff goes

rand49er
02-09-13, 05:50 PM
Don't forget a dyno tune ... unless, of course, you're proficient at it yourself.

253ctsv
02-09-13, 06:22 PM
Don't forget a dyno tune ... unless, of course, you're proficient at it yourself.

Well that's a given, thanks for the reminder tho

alradco
02-09-13, 07:36 PM
Well certain things I have to do anyways because the cars all stock. (Exhaust, headers, clutch, bushings, mounts, I just ordered one of your radiators. I don't really wanna put more than 500-1000 into the engine. That's a cam and maybe porting the heads and intake? I'm not really sure what's possible as far as that stuff goes

I was responding to your porting question. Things like headers, exhaust, etc I would do because they'll go on the new motor. Porting I wouldn't waste time and money on if you'll be getting new stuff down the road. Just don't think you'll gain much on a basically stock motor. I don't know that I would do a cam yet unless you know you're going to use it for the new motor.

Thank you for the order.

Peter

253ctsv
02-09-13, 09:50 PM
I see. I was thinking maybe I could get some reasonable gains for relatively cheep. Wasn't really sure. But I have to get a cam for it with a bit of a Lope!!!

darkman
02-09-13, 10:48 PM
I see. I was thinking maybe I could get some reasonable gains for relatively cheep. Wasn't really sure. But I have to get a cam for it with a bit of a Lope!!!

You really should coordinate the head work you choose with the cam you select for two reasons - you will make more power because the parts work well together and you will save money because suppliers give better prices on packages.

I would look at head work and cam component packages at Total Engine Airflow - talk to Mike Schmidt by phone. I would also look at Advanced Induction for the same- they are more responsive to email than phone calls. Both of these outfits do first class head work and can steer you the right direction on the cam and associated component upgrades such as valve springs, push rods, etc.

etcts-v
02-11-13, 04:45 PM
Are you planning a stroker on your LS6 or trying to upgrade to an LS3? If you plan on doing a stroker with your LS6, it would make sense to do heads and matched CAM now so you could enjoy more POWWAA plus you would have the parts to let that stroker breath the same day you have the cash to do the short block.

Definitely want to match your heads with your cam like Darkman said so it makes sense IMO to do them at the same time. Total Engine Airflow & Advanced Induction are the places to go for head porting, however I found new head/cam packages to be equal in cost if not cheaper and easier (you can pull old heads and throw on new heads in the same day) if you consider re-selling your factory heads and CAM.

Andringa
02-12-13, 11:15 AM
As far as vendors that would be willing to give you a deal for a larger order. I think that Revshift has offered discounts for ordering multiple bushings and mounts and such at the same time. I haven't used any of their stuff, but everything that I've read about their quality is positive.

DangeRuss
02-16-13, 02:43 AM
Any luck on this? I'm looking to do something similar...large list of goodies from one vendor if at all possible.

Thanks for the input guys!

253ctsv
02-16-13, 09:03 AM
Any luck on this? I'm looking to do something similar...large list of goodies from one vendor if at all possible.

Thanks for the input guys!

I bought my radiator from alradco (seems to b the only way to go)

Engine pullies from rock auto and ebay

Headers n exhaust from Maryland speed (they have pretty good deals n I went with kooks/corsa)

Clutch and goodies to go with from sk speed (got in on a group buy)

Still have some other things to buy, but to answer your question, no. I shopped around :/