: Garage door opener

isakhanyan
02-08-13, 08:31 PM
I know I have not taken delivery of my car yet but the question has been on my mind.

I ordered the base 2.0 turbo, which does not come with a garage door opener. My question is how hard would it be to install a factory garage door opener? if at all possible.

turbo2.0
02-09-13, 12:05 PM
It is possible, but not worth the expense. You have to order the full upper console... I stopped putting the price together after $600.

zedsded
02-10-13, 09:29 PM
Ya know, I really love this car but easily my biggest pet peave is the lack of a garage door opener on the base model.

My mother's 5 year old PT Cruiser has a programmable remote...

Don't get me wrong, I forget about it pretty quickly every time I stomp on the go pedal. It just seems like a silly omission to me.

isakhanyan
02-10-13, 10:50 PM
It is possible, but not worth the expense. You have to order the full upper console... I stopped putting the price together after $600.

Damn! That is way to much.

Just a stupid feature not to have on a car produced in 2013

AtlantaGuy00
02-10-13, 11:38 PM
There are many features that should just be standard on all new cadillac cars. This is one of them.

bdwalters
02-11-13, 01:12 AM
Yes, this is such a simple feature that should be in all models. I guess if they keep pushing things like this down to the cheaper models, though, they won't be able to sell the more profitable higher end models.

rustybear3
02-11-13, 01:38 AM
What in the world have you all done with your garage door operators? Just clip them to your sun visor and use them.....I have the three button system on most of my Cadillacs; have NEVER used them. Found that my small garage door transmitter was faster and more responsive than any car universal button system....sheesh...

blue_skies
02-11-13, 05:36 AM
What in the world have you all done with your garage door operators? Just clip them to your sun visor and use them.....I have the three button system on most of my Cadillacs; have NEVER used them. Found that my small garage door transmitter was faster and more responsive than any car universal button system....sheesh...

I have always used the in-car three button ones, two garage doors and a gate here.

thebigjimsho
02-11-13, 12:28 PM
Youse guise...

Hoosier Daddy
02-13-13, 07:59 PM
I know I have not taken delivery of my car yet but the question has been on my mind.

I ordered the base 2.0 turbo, which does not come with a garage door opener. My question is how hard would it be to install a factory garage door opener? if at all possible.
You can get Homelink units on eBay and elsewhere for very cheap (~$25). If you are handy, you can install them in any convenient location, Basically you just find a place that has power wires inside/behind it and room for the little circuit board. Then you drill holes for the buttons to stick thru and anchor the board to the back side of the panel. Here is a tutorial for another model car: http://www.allfordmustangs.com/forums/2011-mustang-gt-tech/351998-homelink-install-step-step-instructions.html

stone150
03-22-13, 09:25 AM
Talked to my Parts guy about this and he said you have to order the entire upper console (#1) for $247.94

slepr
03-22-13, 10:29 PM
In my last car I used a homelink unit I purchased off of ebay, purchased an extra drivers side sunvisor, opened it up and installed the homelink device there and ran the wires down the drivers side a-pillar to the fuse box with an add-a-fuse to connect. Worked great and when I traded the car in, it only took 5 minutes to uninstall and put the original sunvisor back in for a back to stock condition.

exesivefire
03-23-13, 02:51 PM
I think everyone forgets, the stuff not included in a base model that you feel should be included, would take that car right outta the price range you purchased it at.

Frankly I wanted certain features and I paid for them. You had the option to pay less than I.

Seems to make sense to me

PharaohLFMC
09-01-13, 03:40 PM
New to this forum and hoping I am posting this in the correct area. Aplogies if it is not.
I recently purchased my first Cadillac. A base model 2005 Deville. I love it.
I am trying to determine if I can add in a homelink garage opener system that I would purchase from probably E-Bay. There is a place for the system on the ceiling near the rearview mirror but ghis model has none installed.
I am fairly mechanically inclined an have no issues with basic wiring. I am wondering if the witin for power to the system would be in the counsel as a standard wiring or would I have to find a way to run wiring to the system?

----------

Disregard this post. I searched a bit further and found all the info I needed on another area of this forum. I will be purchasing a "rolling code" amber light home link system from ebay soon and installing it in my Deville.

JSATS
09-01-13, 08:12 PM
I love reading these posts from people who bought base model ATS's and wonder why this or that doesn't come std. I bought the top of the line premium because I wanted all the bells and whistles. There is a reason the higher end models cost more. You want all the cool stuff then you need to pay for it.

PAO56
09-03-13, 03:16 PM
I bought the base model 2.5L ATS..didnt need all the features...yes I miss my dimming rear view mirror and my homelink..but not simply keep the remote in the console compartment where the USB port is....and manually turn the mirrow down........its my commuter car.....and not my primary so it serves the purpose well...agree....you get what you pay for....I drove my ATS off the lot for $32k......because I didnt need all the bells and whistles....the only option on the car was CUE.....