: Switching Phones On CUE?

WannaV
02-08-13, 10:36 AM
I have not seen this problem posted in the many problem links -- but if I have 2 devices (iphone 4s) - one is mine and one is my sons -- if we disconnect one and connect the other one it will not play any songs. If I reconnect to the other one, it will not work. The only way to fix this is to shut the car off for a long period of time. It seems to lock up the CUE bluetooth system if we try to switch phones. One of the many minor annoyances.

Sir CussFreq
02-08-13, 05:50 PM
I ran into this problem just last weekend, and posted about it in the Cue Refinement thread... Didn't get any responses, but I was hoping someone from the CUE team took note of it. Was planning on bringing it up next time I head to the dealership. I was also going to do some further troubleshooting to see if it was a problem with the way I went about switching devices, but have not had the opportunity yet.

WannaV
02-11-13, 01:30 PM
Keep me posted if you hear anything --- Once I figured out a way that if you would switch the device - then put the radio on XM and then go back to bluetooth it worked. But that only worked one time and now will not work. I have tried deleting both phones and repairing them and nothing seems to work. I must have missed your post about it on the thread - there are so many issues that I may have not seen it. I wonder how many people actually connect multiple phones to their ATS?

codeman71
02-11-13, 02:58 PM
There were quite a few improvements related to Bluetooth device connectivity in the next software update, so it would be good to see if you run into this problem after it gets updated. I've been able to switch phones without problems, but have been using newer software so I don't know for certain if it would have been a problem with the original software.

jreihsen
02-13-13, 02:52 PM
I have not seen this problem posted in the many problem links -- but if I have 2 devices (iphone 4s) - one is mine and one is my sons -- if we disconnect one and connect the other one it will not play any songs. If I reconnect to the other one, it will not work. The only way to fix this is to shut the car off for a long period of time. It seems to lock up the CUE bluetooth system if we try to switch phones. One of the many minor annoyances.
Count me as having the same issue. I seldom get to drive our ATS, but did last Sunday. And used my 4S. After that, my wife experienced a CUE lockup and calling issues with her 4S.

And yes, I am whining about not getting to drive the car. If we don't get this issue fixed, I'll NEVER get to drive it. Do you want to see a 57 year old baby cry??

WannaV
03-21-13, 05:12 PM
Does anyone know if the new update fixes this problem?

bungee91
03-21-13, 06:04 PM
Does anyone know if the new update fixes this problem?

It is definitely better, I'm not sure if I'm confident enough to say fixed though. It has worked for me the 2 times I've tried it post update.