: Stock Tire Sizes

Cadispeedster
02-07-13, 11:53 AM
What's the biggest size tire that will fit on the stock rims? I know it's 245/45-18, but looking for a thicker look. Wider tire.

Or are most people getting aftermarket rims with a bigger tire?

What's the biggest that will fit without wheel rub?

JDB
02-07-13, 01:21 PM
Please search. This has been asked eleventybillion times.

IMO, stick with stock size all around, maybe 275/40/18 in the rear.

Please don't make your V part of this stupid stance nation crap.

ONEBADCADDIE
02-07-13, 04:09 PM
Just put nitto nt555 245/45/18's on the front and 275/40/18 rear. Gives you some poke, nice stance, mean look, and most of all some GRIP.

Cadispeedster
02-08-13, 12:38 PM
Yeah, sorry for the added thread on this. I actually found a few things... lol, stance nation...

So stock front 245/45/18

and surprising 275/40/18 will fit on the stock rear stock rim?

I may have my rims blasted and chromed, the paint is a little cracky in some areas but no curb rash.

I'm going with the Mich pilot super sport

JDB
02-08-13, 02:15 PM
Yup. And great tire choice.

thebigjimsho
02-08-13, 03:23 PM
Such a great tire!

barrok69
02-08-13, 04:36 PM
Yeah, sorry for the added thread on this. I actually found a few things... lol, stance nation...

So stock front 245/45/18

and surprising 275/40/18 will fit on the stock rear stock rim?

I may have my rims blasted and chromed, the paint is a little cracky in some areas but no curb rash.

I'm going with the Mich pilot super sport

275/40R18 is ideal yes... but Michelin Pilot Super Sports don't come in that size. You'll have to step down to 275/35R18.. which is kind of shy on the sidewall and makes the rear look weird. I'm running 245 Super sports all around right now and love them. I would like to go bigger in the rear but the tire sizes for this cars over all tire diameter are pretty limited if you want to keep close to stock size.

Check here for all sizes available in those tires.
http://www.michelinman.com/tire-selector/category/ultra-high-performance-sport/pilot-super-sport/tire-details#techspec_table

Cadispeedster
02-08-13, 07:14 PM
There's a few Mich Pilot sports that do a 275/40/18

most tread wears suck though and rated 220... So I'd most likely go with the pilot sport a/s plus for the rear which is rated 500

But to keep the same tire I'm probably sticking with stock tire size. (i don't plan on being a street racer) So if it's track time, I'm getting some nice slick track tires :D

mberisha
02-10-13, 03:21 PM
Such a great tire!

^^^^yeah that!!!

JDB
02-18-13, 04:19 PM
There's a few Mich Pilot sports that do a 275/40/18

most tread wears suck though and rated 220... So I'd most likely go with the pilot sport a/s plus for the rear which is rated 500

But to keep the same tire I'm probably sticking with stock tire size. (i don't plan on being a street racer) So if it's track time, I'm getting some nice slick track tires :D

Now I see why you posted in Appearance forum instead of Performance.

D3l7a3ch0
02-18-13, 06:49 PM
I went with Eagle GT 245/45Z/R18 (W/400/AA/A) for the look of the sidewall, and the curb protection. I won't go without curb protection in the sidewall, unless it's a track set of wheels, but I won't track this car. If I did, I would probably get the Super Sports.

http://imgur.com/a/MUvPW

other sets I would consider are these Eagle GT's in 255 and some Dunlops which have the sidewall look that I like, though I haven't had a set of those Dunlops since 2003 (SP 8000 in 315/35/17).

thebigjimsho
02-18-13, 07:21 PM
I had SP4000s on my SHO back in the early 90s...

JDB
02-18-13, 08:17 PM

I had BFGoodrich Radial T/A tires with raised white lettering on my '87 Chevy truck in the early '90s in high school. Amazing what a toothbrush and some bleach did to keep them clean.

D3l7a3ch0
02-18-13, 08:19 PM

afswheels cobra R's with SP8000 285 front, 315/35/17 rear! (http://i.imgur.com/tTudgfF.jpg) <-installed maximum motorsports control arms that day

thebigjimsho
02-18-13, 08:24 PM
My Dunlops were 215/60 16, hahahaha.

Still could spank Mustangs of its era...

----------

I had BFGoodrich Radial T/A tires with raised white lettering on my '87 Chevy truck in the early '90s in high school. Amazing what a toothbrush and some bleach did to keep them clean.

My Chevy Citation had raised white letter Cooper Cobra tires. Hahahahha

D3l7a3ch0
02-18-13, 09:44 PM
[QUOTE=thebigjimsho;3227734]My Dunlops were 215/60 16, hahahaha.

Still could spank Mustangs of its era...[COLOR="Silver"]

everything... can spank mustangs of their era

vcaddy06
03-03-13, 06:17 PM
BFG TA KDW2! Awesome tread design, good wear, super sticky.

SKEEL44
03-03-13, 11:27 PM
I also have the BFG GForce KDW2 I love them great tire.

thebigjimsho
03-04-13, 01:00 PM
Awesome tread design? I just lol'd. Pretty hard...

vcaddy06
03-12-13, 06:11 PM
Awesome tread design? I just lol'd. Pretty hard...

Yeah, that's my opinion. So GFY.

nvthev
03-12-13, 06:31 PM
So 255/40/18 fill the wheel wells a bit better i take it? I'm going to stick to the same at all 4. But would like a little bigger tire to fill the wells.

vcaddy06
03-12-13, 07:00 PM
So 255/40/18 fill the wheel wells a bit better i take it? I'm going to stick to the same at all 4. But would like a little bigger tire to fill the wells.

255/40 will not fill the wells, but I would not go wider then that in the front.

D3l7a3ch0
03-12-13, 07:31 PM

imo: fair. it was pretty elitist of you tbjs. even though vcaddy06 is from FL

thebigjimsho
03-13-13, 11:42 AM
Elitist? No. I just choose to put the best performance tire on a performance car. Not the one with the best looking tread design. Which, in this instance, is purely subjective. I always thought the yard full of leaves design looked awful...

----------

Really? Are you an oversensitive tough guy or an oversensitive wuss?

D3l7a3ch0
03-13-13, 03:20 PM
you know what I think, I think you're upset V1 people have something they enjoy

thebigjimsho
03-15-13, 03:37 PM
you know what I think, I think you're upset V1 people have something they enjoy

What?

D3l7a3ch0
03-15-13, 03:56 PM
you have a V2 now, so when you have something negative to say, it's going to be perceived a certain way (on top of the usual indignation)... whether you mean it that way or not.

you have a V2 that you enjoy, I have a V1 that I enjoy... so how likely are you to be happy for a V1 owner who enjoys their V1 as much as you enjoy your V2

and in this case, you've come to the V1 section and laughed at someone's source of enjoyment. you're the angry kid on the playground right now.

ALTHOUGH... the tread design pride is a very FL thing to say/do. (have you driven through Miami lately?)

thebigjimsho
03-15-13, 04:49 PM
you have a V2 now, so when you have something negative to say, it's going to be perceived a certain way (on top of the usual indignation)... whether you mean it that way or not.

you have a V2 that you enjoy, I have a V1 that I enjoy... so how likely are you to be happy for a V1 owner who enjoys their V1 as much as you enjoy your V2

and in this case, you've come to the V1 section and laughed at someone's source of enjoyment. you're the angry kid on the playground right now.

ALTHOUGH... the tread design pride is a very FL thing to say/do. (have you driven through Miami lately?)

Tires are not V specific. So whether this is V, Eldorado, SRX, etc...specific, my V2 ownership means nothing. If you think my comments are the big bully mean kid, then you truly are a n00b. I've been critiquing tire choice based on tread looks for years.

FYI, I owned my '04 for well over 5 years. The V2 for 3. I still miss my V1 and don't love the '09 like that omder model.

So stop talking ignorant and assuming everything...

D3l7a3ch0
03-15-13, 05:41 PM
I know you enjoyed your V1, and ridicule is impolite--people usually keep it to themselves--so at best you're just being mean, and at worst you resent the idea of someone enjoying their tread design...

....imo

barrok69
03-15-13, 06:39 PM
No offense but KDW2's have no business on these cars. They may "look" cool to some, but that's definitely sombody's opinion. I personally think they look like crap. Regardless they are a junk tire, not much grip, extremely noisy and good luck if your car ever see's a puddle of water. That tire works fine on an SRT4 neon because you won't be able to hear the tire roar over the blow-off valve that's boosting during parking lot maneuvers...lol

At the end of the day. Your car is only as capable as the tires you put on it. If you are going to go the route where you get a dedicated summer only tire there are so many better options than this tire it wouldn't even make my list of tires to even consider.

D3l7a3ch0
03-15-13, 06:50 PM
you gents sure get wound up about your tires

the tread wear on KDW2s might be a little low, but the traction is still AA? and their speed rating is Y...

I prefer some bubble in the sidewall.

//is there a strong opinion contest I don't know about

vcaddy06
03-16-13, 06:59 PM
you gents sure get wound up about your tires

the tread wear on KDW2s might be a little low, but the traction is still AA? and their speed rating is Y...

I prefer some bubble in the sidewall.

//is there a strong opinion contest I don't know about

Lol! Right on bud!

vcaddy06
03-16-13, 07:05 PM
----------

Really? Are you an oversensitive tough guy or an oversensitive wuss?

Are you some kind of a professional tire critiquer or something? Do you get paid for that? Is that how you bought your v?

D3l7a3ch0
03-16-13, 07:10 PM
actually, vcaddy, we don't talk about how tbjs got his V... (it involved the death of his V1)

ANYway, DUDE CHECK OUT THIS SUPER SWEET V2 I saw at the grocery store just now... freakin awesome, huh?

http://i.imgur.com/Buq2c0h.jpg

goes with this phat beat

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hjAoCVkScOo

posted from my Nintendo© Game Boy Color

vcaddy06
03-16-13, 09:10 PM
Elitist? No. I just choose to put the best performance tire on a performance car. Not the one with the best looking tread design. Which, in this instance, is purely subjective. I always thought the yard full of leaves design looked awful...

Actually if you learned how to read in grade school like the rest of us, having an "awesome tread design" is not the only thing I stated about them. I also stated that they are super grippy and long lasting. I should also mention (since I'm buying my second set) the kdw2 are not loud as you may assume. Again...just my opinion...if that's ok with you tbjs.

D3l7a3ch0
03-17-13, 02:17 PM
go gators

Mistercoffee2
03-17-13, 04:31 PM
ANYway, DUDE CHECK OUT THIS SUPER SWEET V2 I saw at the grocery store just now... freakin awesome, huh?

http://i.imgur.com/Buq2c0h.jpg

Odd looking V2, looks like a coupe with V badge. A sin of epic proportions. Nice wheels.

D3l7a3ch0
03-17-13, 04:38 PM
no way it's freakin awesome, man, stop hatin'

posted from my Motorola© Razr V2

Mistercoffee2
03-17-13, 04:46 PM
no way it's freakin awesome, man, stop hatin'

No hate here man and no V2 there IMHO. LOL Love the car. The owner can badge it anyway he wishes. A lot of people have put the V body parts on their CTS, me included. Maybe this guy put the CTS body on his V. NO WAY!

D3l7a3ch0
03-17-13, 04:51 PM
well what I don't understand is why he would stop at just one badge, it would make it even cooler if it was a VV (CTS-W?)

Mistercoffee2
03-17-13, 05:04 PM
well what I don't understand is why he would stop at just one badge, it would make it even cooler if it was a VV (CTS-W?)

Who knows what he was thinking. He could have used VW, SS, RR, SRT, GTR and many more available on ebay. But the placement on the door clearly shows his intensions. To make you think it is a V. You have a V so I'm suprised you fell for it.

----------

PS: I thing the car cries out for some bling. I have tried many badges on mine and currently have a Red R, but the V badge is off limits on a non V CTS. IMHO

D3l7a3ch0
03-17-13, 05:27 PM
fell for it? I'm about to get a regular 2nd gen coupe and do the same thing!

Mistercoffee2
03-17-13, 05:33 PM
fell for it? I'm about to get a regular 2nd gen coupe and do the same thing!
Very cool car but when and if you do get one you [can] [ edit: will be able to] move over to the CTS FORUM because you will be about 250 HP short of being a V with or without the badge.

D3l7a3ch0
03-17-13, 07:37 PM
screw you! that's like, your opinion, man

Mistercoffee2
03-17-13, 09:25 PM
screw you! that's like, your opinion, man

You're losing it, man. Do you not remember who said, like, "stop hatin'", man? Yes, there's very little said here that is not someone's opinion. Here are my last two lesson for you, man. 1: Look for the hood bulge before calling it a V and, 2: Get a vocabulary that does not require over using the words "man" and "like".

D3l7a3ch0
03-17-13, 09:29 PM
so... look for the bulge next time? i must be out of pracitce.

like.

posted from my Casio© calculator watch

WesH8398
03-18-13, 12:11 AM
FWIW, I love my tires. Had a set on my previous vehicle (mustang), have a (summer) set on my wife's Mazda3 highway warrior that sees 50,000+ kilometers a year of mileage, and have a set on my V (going into second season soon). Again, love em. I don't race with them or anything, but they grip well for rippin around the streets and on/off ramps. The wear rate is very reasonable. They're a comfortable ride. And IMO they look pretty hot too. I get comments on em all the time.
The brand is much more prominent in Europe (they're OE on a few "super cars" made over there), but have gained exposure in the N. American market since I got my first set 5 or 6 years ago. I don't think they're too hard to find anymore. The manufacturer is Vredestein, and this particular model is the Ultrac Sessanta.

http://i779.photobucket.com/albums/yy71/wes8398/abb610e5.jpg

http://i779.photobucket.com/albums/yy71/wes8398/IMG_1121.jpg

http://i779.photobucket.com/albums/yy71/wes8398/2618c9a7.jpg

barrok69
03-19-13, 10:20 AM
FWIW, I love my tires. Had a set on my previous vehicle (mustang), have a (summer) set on my wife's Mazda3 highway warrior that sees 50,000+ kilometers a year of mileage, and have a set on my V (going into second season soon). Again, love em. I don't race with them or anything, but they grip well for rippin around the streets and on/off ramps. The wear rate is very reasonable. They're a comfortable ride. And IMO they look pretty hot too. I get comments on em all the time.
The brand is much more prominent in Europe (they're OE on a few "super cars" made over there), but have gained exposure in the N. American market since I got my first set 5 or 6 years ago. I don't think they're too hard to find anymore. The manufacturer is Vredestein, and this particular model is the Ultrac Sessanta.

http://i779.photobucket.com/albums/yy71/wes8398/abb610e5.jpg

http://i779.photobucket.com/albums/yy71/wes8398/IMG_1121.jpg

http://i779.photobucket.com/albums/yy71/wes8398/2618c9a7.jpg

Those remind of Parada Spec 2's (cool looking junk tire). I can't imagine they are any good in the rain with the way those channels are designed :( Vredestein doesn't really do much business over in the USA. They do however have some pretty neat compact inflatable spare tire designs.

http://www.ityre.com/i/tyre/20879.jpg

WesH8398
03-19-13, 11:20 AM
As I said, I'm more than happy with em. Otherwise I wouldn't have purchased them 3 times. Rain traction is great, IMO. Significantly excessive highway speeds in the rain have never felt unstable. It's not saying much, but these tires were WAY better than the OEM Eagle F1's - especially in the rain! I give em much better ratings on the auto-x course and just daily bombing around the city too. I definitely took a chance on the first set, but I'm glad I did now! Ill be a Vredestein customer for years to come.

D3l7a3ch0
03-19-13, 04:31 PM
you ever take it off any sweet jumps?

WesH8398
03-19-13, 06:09 PM
you ever take it off any sweet jumps?

Naw ... I throw my Eagle F1's (get it? Eagle? F1? Flying?) and "blacked out" oem's on there with a squeaky-ass GC kit (adjusted all the way down in the front so there's a 6" fender gap) for jumps. Then I add my front bumper lip for extra lift-off. ;)

D3l7a3ch0
03-19-13, 07:32 PM
hahahahhaha screw you, guy. rofl.

mberisha
03-23-13, 09:43 PM
http://www.bartstevens.com/delphiaddiction/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/pegs.jpg

thebigjimsho
03-26-13, 12:30 PM
Actually if you learned how to read in grade school like the rest of us, having an "awesome tread design" is not the only thing I stated about them. I also stated that they are super grippy and long lasting. I should also mention (since I'm buying my second set) the kdw2 are not loud as you may assume. Again...just my opinion...if that's ok with you tbjs.Don't you worry about my level of reading. I certainly saw your post. All of it. I also noticed the tread design was the first thing mentioned. Grip was last. That typically lends to your interest in each. I don't assume anything on loudness since I've never owned them. There were always much better max performance tires to buy...

----------

actually, vcaddy, we don't talk about how tbjs got his V... (it involved the death of his V1)
The death of the V1 had almost nothing to do with my V2. The V1 was paid off and was to become the garage queen. The V2 was planned for purchase in the summer/fall of 2010. To have along with the V1. The accident just got me itching to buy a V2. And when GM offered 0% financing in Nov of '09, I jumped. Might have done that even if I still had the '04...

----------

Oh, and while the memories of the accident are painful, I've never shied away from talking about it or posting pics. So if you're trying to dredge up some hurt feelings, you're failing...

JDB
03-30-13, 08:47 PM
What inlays are those...that are black, gray, silver... ?? Mine are i'm different levels of fading and would like yo lose the color.

WesH8398
03-30-13, 09:03 PM
What inlays are those...that are black, gray, silver... ?? Mine are i'm different levels of fading and would like yo lose the color.

No comprendo...

If you're referring to the V emblem overlays; they're from 8th Day. Cool products, but brutally run business. If you order anything from 'em, you'll receive your stuff somewhere between 3 weeks and a year from when you ordered it. lol

JDB
03-31-13, 08:32 AM
No comprendo...

If you're referring to the V emblem overlays; they're from 8th Day. Cool products, but brutally run business. If you order anything from 'em, you'll receive your stuff somewhere between 3 weeks and a year from when you ordered it. lol

Yes, sorry... on my phone and it auto-corrected a few words.

My V badges are fading especially the pass side and I'd like to lose the color. I'm sure it's sacrilege to the brand but they look terrible up close and I can only assume another set will fade. So, either de badge everything or find some inlays. Now that I see your skull under the 3rd brake light, I should've known where you got them... I think the last time I read about 8th Day ...they were out of business.

WesH8398
03-31-13, 05:10 PM
I just got a few more things from them a few weeks ago, so they were still in business then. Judging by their communication skills, you'd sure think they were shut down tho. lol

D3l7a3ch0
04-01-13, 12:49 AM
Yes, sorry... on my phone and it auto-corrected a few words.

My V badges are fading especially the pass side and I'd like to lose the color. I'm sure it's sacrilege to the brand but they look terrible up close and I can only assume another set will fade. So, either de badge everything or find some inlays. Now that I see your skull under the 3rd brake light, I should've known where you got them... I think the last time I read about 8th Day ...they were out of business.

I'm about to make the emblems black. I saw an example of black V badges on someone's V2 coupe some time ago. They looked good

JDB
04-02-13, 08:55 PM
I just got a few more things from them a few weeks ago, so they were still in business then. Judging by their communication skills, you'd sure think they were shut down tho. lol

How long before that did you order? Nice to know they're still kicking.

WesH8398
04-02-13, 10:22 PM
It was actually a fix for things that were missing from an order I made over 9 months ago. It took a long time, but at least it came. lol

ccorde
04-10-13, 09:11 PM
Looks like you know about tires for V, so if i go with 265/40/18 in rear Michelin PSS do i need to install anti wheel hop kit to easy up on rear differential?