: Tapatalk Ads now?

vincentm
02-06-13, 06:39 PM
Seeing an ad for ford truck in all forum sections of CF via tapatalk now..

admin
02-07-13, 11:10 AM
We do not own Tapatalk so we do not have control over ads you see while using the App.

vincentm
02-13-13, 04:42 AM
If i click the info bar at the bottom of these ads i get the following:

"This is a promoted post. Tapatalk uses the PostRelease platform to enable brands and content creators to feature their content as a promoted post in relevant communities within Tapatalk. The forum receives compensation for featuring the post. The program enables forum owners to generate revenue by facilitating the discovery of relevancy branded and media content."

talismandave
02-13-13, 10:58 AM
This tread just ​got interesting....:pop2:

RippyPartsDept
02-13-13, 11:56 AM
This tread just ​got interesting....:pop2:

Not to me ... :yawn:

Lord Cadillac
02-15-13, 11:00 PM
I'm not entirely sure about this so take it with a grain of salt... But it's one thing to avoid displaying ads to supporting members with this software (vBulletin) as the capability comes built in. So you come along and pay for a supporting membership and vBulletin communicates with PayPal and sets up your account accordingly. TapaTalk is an entirely different platform and may not be able to distinguish layout differences for "supporting" user groups at this time...

RippyPartsDept
02-16-13, 08:43 AM
i am almost certain that is the case

i saw this ford ad two nights ago
it looks like a regular thread at first glance
but it has a little indicator (an up arrow) in the bottom right corner

i didn't really mind it and kind of understand since they (tapatalk) have to pay for their app development somehow
but i thought to myself "didn't I pay for tapatalk to not get ads?"

it's a bit weird but would be nice if they could turn that off for supporting members
although i can understand that there might be a technical hurdle that might not be even possible to get across right now

admin
02-19-13, 12:45 PM
The best way to avoid seeing Ads is to pay for the full version of the Tapatalk app. We do not own Tapatalk therefore we can not control the ads that are on the apps. Like most sites on the internet Ads are how businesses generate revenue. It would be nice if there was a way that the app could recognize subscribed members and remove the ads for you guys. Yu could always write a suggestion to Tapatalk. Maybe thy can figure out a way for their software to recognize paid members.

RippyPartsDept
02-19-13, 01:41 PM
i paid for tapatalk .. the only ads i see on there are the ford sponsored threads that look like a normal thread but have a little up arrow to designate that they were promoted

and they only started popping up recently (around when this thread started)

RippyPartsDept
03-05-13, 04:14 PM
so i was using the forum on mobile a bunch lately and haven't noticed the tapatalk promoted/sponsored threads

there was an app update (or two) since i first noticed it and apparently it's been solved