: Best OnStar Price

Cb4h
02-06-13, 02:19 PM
Hey guys quick question and again sorry if this a repost. My Onstar is currently up March 31, 2013. I want the full package like I have now with the trial....what is the best price people have gotten, and should I wait til they call me saying its up instead of them emailing me letting me know its time. I really dont want to pay $300 for a year lol

cadigirlchicago2
02-06-13, 04:13 PM
I renewed just over a year ago. They had a promotion at the time where I paid only for safe/sound but was upgraded to directions/connections for 6 months free. Then after the 6 months, I had to call back and work out paying for the balance to keep the directions/connections. Honestly, their promotions change all the time so that one is probably long gone.
That was a real pain. I just google searched last time I had to renew onstar renewal, other car forum posts came up and I was able to see what others were getting and then I called them to see what I could finagle. Please post back and let us know what you were able to find out.

cadigirlchicago2
05-11-13, 10:43 PM
Just reviving this thread. Has anyone recently renewed with onstar for directions & connections? What rate did you get? I haven't seen any recent posts. I need to renew in a couple of weeks, just wondering what deals you all were able to score. Thanks!

BriggZ
05-12-13, 11:49 PM
Just renewed my CTS last month for $249.00. My SRX is still under new car freebie. Hope this helps. Good luck.

GGMiv
05-18-13, 01:23 PM
I just turned down an offer of $249 for D & C for a year with 180 free minutes. I told the guy I only had 6 months left on the lease and never used the minutes I had when I got the car. I was then offered 6 months of S & S with free D & C for $12.95 a month. It was the deal I was waiting for. I don't know why they don't just price it that way from the start. I would have paid that amount all along and wouldn't have had to play this game every six months after the free trial. Are you monitoring the forum Onstar?

kanundrum
05-20-13, 12:17 PM
What ever onstar costs its worth the money. Had a Crash a few months back (someone hit me on the NJ Turnpike at 70) sent me into a barrier. Onstar within 2 seconds was in contact with EMS there in about 3 minutes

300:29:1
05-21-13, 04:32 PM
I just turned down an offer of $249 for D & C for a year with 180 free minutes. I told the guy I only had 6 months left on the lease and never used the minutes I had when I got the car. I was then offered 6 months of S & S with free D & C for $12.95 a month. It was the deal I was waiting for. I don't know why they don't just price it that way from the start. I would have paid that amount all along and wouldn't have had to play this game every six months after the free trial. Are you monitoring the forum Onstar?
I thought it was $299 a year for D&C. Did Cadillac offer you a discount. My OnStar 1 year trial will be up in July. They've sent me a reminder email, but no type of discount was offered to me. I would SOMETHING off, especially if I renew early. You shouldn't have to feign cancellation to get a price break.

cadigirlchicago2
05-21-13, 05:07 PM

Sweet! I have been paying for Directions/Connections for the past 4 years so when I called to renew, I asked for customer service, she said she couldn't do more for me but transferred me to someone who could. I ended up getting it for $200 all in, I'm happy! Thanks everyone!

05-21-13, 05:48 PM
Sweet! I have been paying for Directions/Connections for the past 4 years so when I called to renew, I asked for customer service, she said she couldn't do more for me but transferred me to someone who could. I ended up getting it for $200 all in, I'm happy! Thanks everyone!
That's great! Hope I can get a deal.

GGMiv
05-21-13, 11:32 PM
The trick is to not respond to the mailing and to not let them enroll you in continuous coverage with a credit card. Onstar called me and offered the deal I turned down. Then they said "How about...the deal I ended up taking." I tried to pay for the whole 6 months up front but they wouldn't let me. The only reason I went with continuous enrollment paid on my credit card is that the lease is up at the same time as the free D & C so I figured I would just cancel then. I have played this game every 6 months after the free trial with varying degrees of luck. There was a period when I only had S & S but I paid less than the normal rate.

I do the same with the satellite radio. Unfortunately, you have to threaten cancellation to get a good rate with both.

05-21-13, 11:46 PM
The trick is to not respond to the mailing and to not let them enroll you in continuous coverage with a credit card. Onstar called me and offered the deal I turned down. Then they said "How about...the deal I ended up taking." I tried to pay for the whole 6 months up front but they wouldn't let me. The only reason I went with continuous enrollment paid on my credit card is that the lease is up at the same time as the free D & C so I figured I would just cancel then. I have played this game every 6 months after the free trial with varying degrees of luck. There was a period when I only had S & S but I paid less than the normal rate.

I do the same with the satellite radio. Unfortunately, you have to threaten cancellation to get a good rate with both.

I know XM plays that game and I accept that from them. I expect better from Cadillac.

cadigirlchicago2
05-22-13, 12:13 PM
It's not from cadillac, onstar is it's own company.

05-22-13, 02:27 PM

I realize that. My point was more to an expectation of better service from OnStat. I've given up on getting any type of service from XM.

06-22-13, 05:48 PM
My 1 year trial ends on 7/27. I received an email asking me to renew at $199 for a year D&C plan. It did have an asterisk that said plus tax. When I go to the OnStar site it says $249. So which is it? Does the $249 include taxes and fees? Should I call OnStar to get their best price. I'd like to extend my service plan, but would like to get some sort of discount or promotional rate if possible. There should also be some incentive to renew early. I've watched for that all along and have seen nothing. Cadillac Customer Service, feel free to chime in. First time customer here looking for fair treatment.

kiboater
06-22-13, 08:32 PM
Just call and say you want to cancel. They will transfer you to the cancellation department. They will ask why you want to cancel. Tell them you love the service but it is too expensive. Then it becomes lets make a deal.

06-22-13, 09:00 PM
Just call and say you want to cancel. They will transfer you to the cancellation department. They will ask why you want to cancel. Tell them you love the service but it is too expensive. Then it becomes lets make a deal.

Thanks. I'll try calling. I hate to play these games. I don't want a deep discount, but there is no incentive for paying/renewing early.

'12CTSman
06-23-13, 10:35 AM

OnStar is a subsidiary of GM.

OnStar Advisor
06-25-13, 04:56 PM
My 1 year trial ends on 7/27. I received an email asking me to renew at $199 for a year D&C plan. It did have an asterisk that said plus tax. When I go to the OnStar site it says $249. So which is it? Does the $249 include taxes and fees? Should I call OnStar to get their best price. I'd like to extend my service plan, but would like to get some sort of discount or promotional rate if possible. There should also be some incentive to renew early. I've watched for that all along and have seen nothing. Cadillac Customer Service, feel free to chime in. First time customer here looking for fair treatment.

300:29:1,

The normal price for an annual renewal of Directions & Connections is $299, so that $249 offer you saw online is the promotional price. To get the most current pricing and promotions for your area push your OnStar button or call 1-888-4ONSTAR to talk to an Advisor, or I'd be happy to answer any questions. Just send me a PM with your account and contact information.

-Jessica, OnStar Advisor
Social Media Team

06-26-13, 08:58 AM
300:29:1,

The normal price for an annual renewal of Directions & Connections is $299, so that $249 offer you saw online is the promotional price. To get the most current pricing and promotions for your area push your OnStar button or call 1-888-4ONSTAR to talk to an Advisor, or I'd be happy to answer any questions. Just send me a PM with your account and contact information.

-Jessica, OnStar Advisor
Social Media Team

Thanks Jessica. I appreciate you pointing out the discount. I'll probably renew online. As I said, I'm not looking to pry a big discount out (threaten to cancel).

OnStar Advisor
06-26-13, 11:43 AM
It's my pleasure 300:29:1! Let me know if you have any other questions. I'm always happy to help.

-Jessica, OnStar Advisor
Social Media Team

halp
06-28-13, 08:03 PM
Are phone minutes transferable to a new vehicle? I just got notified that the minutes on my current 2011 expire on 8/1/13 unless I add more minutes. I may be getting a new 13 in September. If I buy the minutes can they be transferred to my new vehicle or are they lost when the old vehicle is traded. I really do not use the OnStar phone very much except when regular cell service is poor.

TheCaptain
06-29-13, 11:30 AM
Minutes can not be transferred.

halp
06-29-13, 04:46 PM
Minutes can not be transferred.

Hi Captain: Just spoke with OnStar via 888# and was told that minutes are in fact transferable to new vehicle. Maybe Jessica will chime in on this.

TheCaptain
06-30-13, 11:54 AM
Well, that is a new deal-eo that I was not aware of! I stand corrected!

OnStar Advisor
07-02-13, 10:55 AM
Are phone minutes transferable to a new vehicle? I just got notified that the minutes on my current 2011 expire on 8/1/13 unless I add more minutes. I may be getting a new 13 in September. If I buy the minutes can they be transferred to my new vehicle or are they lost when the old vehicle is traded. I really do not use the OnStar phone very much except when regular cell service is poor.

halp,

Yes, your remaining Hands Free Calling minutes can be transferred to a new vehicle, as long as the previous vehicle was sold or traded and will not remain active. The easiest way to transfer minutes is to call (press the blue OnStar button) on your new vehicle to activate. Be sure to let the advisor know you have a previous vehicle with OnStar and would like to transfer your remaining minutes and subscription. Once your new vehicle is active any remaining subscription and minutes can be added to the new vehicle. I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any additional questions.

-Jessica, OnStar Advisor
Social Media Team

halp
07-11-13, 12:12 PM
halp,

Yes, your remaining Hands Free Calling minutes can be transferred to a new vehicle, as long as the previous vehicle was sold or traded and will not remain active. The easiest way to transfer minutes is to call (press the blue OnStar button) on your new vehicle to activate. Be sure to let the advisor know you have a previous vehicle with OnStar and would like to transfer your remaining minutes and subscription. Once your new vehicle is active any remaining subscription and minutes can be added to the new vehicle. I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any additional questions.

-Jessica, OnStar Advisor
Social Media Team

Hi Jessica:
Thanks for the info on the minutes. I have decided to just let them expire as I originally bought 100 and still have over 70 left a year later. I always forget to use them and use my cell phone. Also, 40 cents a minute is really expensive. I probably will not even re-new my OnStar if I keep this vehicle unless they will give me a good deal. I have rarely used it in the two years that I have had my SRX.

OnStar Advisor
07-11-13, 04:23 PM
Hi Jessica:
Thanks for the info on the minutes. I have decided to just let them expire as I originally bought 100 and still have over 70 left a year later. I always forget to use them and use my cell phone. Also, 40 cents a minute is really expensive. I probably will not even re-new my OnStar if I keep this vehicle unless they will give me a good deal. I have rarely used it in the two years that I have had my SRX.

halp,

I'd be happy to review your account and see what I can do to better assist. Can you send me a PM with your account and contact information?

-Jessica, OnStar Advisor
Social Media Team

halp
07-11-13, 08:41 PM
halp,

I'd be happy to review your account and see what I can do to better assist. Can you send me a PM with your account and contact information?

-Jessica, OnStar Advisor
Social Media Team

Jessica, PM sent.

ddawson
07-13-13, 06:23 PM
On Star is a must have. It's nice to know, that someone is always with you.

SRX Lady
02-18-14, 10:11 PM
I agree. It is nice to know that Onstar is there if you need them. Three days after registering my 2013 SRX, a deer ran into the drivers side of my car. Onstar was talking to me within seconds of the crash. It was very nice not to have to fumble with my phone with my shaking hands. I will renew when my trial is up!

OnStar Advisor
02-19-14, 10:37 AM
SRX Lady,

I'm so glad that you are okay. We're glad we could be there for you when you needed us. I truly appreciate and want to thank all of you for being apart of the OnStar family!

-Johnua, OnStar Advisor
Social Media Team

I agree. It is nice to know that Onstar is there if you need them. Three days after registering my 2013 SRX, a deer ran into the drivers side of my car. Onstar was talking to me within seconds of the crash. It was very nice not to have to fumble with my phone with my shaking hands. I will renew when my trial is up!

NoleFan4Ever
04-05-14, 10:49 PM
I just called (website wasn't taking my renewal) and the $169 was the best deal I could get for the 12 month S&S package, but they gave me two (2) additional months for free so it works out to $12.07/month and I paid it up front.

Not sure if others are doing better(?) This was on my Escalade, my CTS is good through mid-may.

Noncon
04-06-14, 05:30 PM
Just call day or two before your service end date, and tell them you want to cancel. They will transfer you to the retention department, the best deal I got a couple years ago was $108 for a year of S&S.

jrose7004
04-06-14, 10:13 PM
Kind of sounds like the way it works for XM Sirius.

stevec5375
04-07-14, 06:34 PM
Just call day or two before your service end date, and tell them you want to cancel. They will transfer you to the retention department, the best deal I got a couple years ago was $108 for a year of S&S.

Kind of sounds like the way it works for XM Sirius.

Now you know why I cancelled both of them. In my 41 years of driving I have had absolutely no use for OnStar. As for XM, I'll pay $9.99/month for Spotify and have infinite control of my music choices.

adamjeeps
04-07-14, 09:57 PM
Thumbs up for Spotify!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App (http://www.autoguide.com/mobile)

solman
05-22-14, 01:39 AM
I know this is just a dream, but what would keep me with on star is use of on board cameras. I know Cadillac would need to have the cameras in the first place. Two months ago I had someone pass me on the right and then cut me off but actually made contact. His story was nothing close to what actually happened. Cameras would have proven he broke 3 laws and was the sole cause of the accident. Two years ago, my son had his car totaled out by someone who ran a red light. Again no witnesses so it's your word against yours. I would love a recording device for these incidents. Btw, apparently my ins co must believe me as I already got my deductable back.

TheCaptain
05-24-14, 01:35 AM
I have used this, Blackbox dash recorder (http://www.ebay.ca/itm/2-5-1080P-Car-DVR-Vehicle-dash-Camera-Rotable-270-Monitor-DVR-027-Blackbox-/151143844178?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2330e00952) and currently use this Blackvue HD Drive recorder (http://www.ebay.ca/itm/BlackVue-Wi-Fi-DR500GW-HD-Car-Black-Box-Drive-GPS-Recorder-32GB-Free-shipping-/330865423406?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4d091db42e). Just free wired and stuck in the front centre console power socket.

stevec5375
05-24-14, 10:12 AM
If you have an Android phone, try this: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.dailyroads.v

It works great for me.