: Stone Chipped Windshield

Ufgators
02-06-13, 01:42 PM
A stone came off the road and struck the windshield now there is an inch spider crack. Does any one know if this is under factory warrenty? Thankx

mfdoc911
02-06-13, 02:13 PM
I just replaced the windshield in my 2010, I dont think it is covered, be very careful, most replacement glass will not have the sound deadning propertys of the original. I fought with Farmers for most of a month before they got the apropriate glass

adamjeeps
02-06-13, 02:15 PM
Many insurance companies will repair this for free. Definitely not covered under warranty. If the crack is too large it will need replaced.

allgm
02-06-13, 08:11 PM
Have your dealer look at your windshield. My 2010 was showing delaimation in the in the upper corners. Was replaced under warranty with a GM windshield. Worth a try.

Marc NY
02-06-13, 09:14 PM
I just replaced the windshield in my 2010, I dont think it is covered, be very careful, most replacement glass will not have the sound deadning propertys of the original. I fought with Farmers for most of a month before they got the apropriate glassI agree 100%!

Always insist on GM OEM replacement parts whether it is a windshield or any other significant part. Most insurance companies offer full glass coverage at a very minimal yearly cost. I had replaced my Chevy SSR windshield a few years back and I asked for the GM OEM Glass "ONLY" and then I asked for their best installer. The insurance company hesitated slightly at first but I insisted that I wanted OEM parts only so they finally agreed after only a few minutes talking with them.

I then asked my friend who owns a Chevy dealership near if he would allow me to use a bay for the windshield install. He agreed because I didn't want the windshield installation to be negatively affected by any possible bad weather.

*Note: I believe the newer style sound deadening windshields became standard in the 2012 Model Year. If I am correct about that information I would certainly ask to see if you could "upgrade" to the newer style windshield.

DTurmel
02-07-13, 09:53 AM
Have your dealer look at your windshield. My 2010 was showing delaimation in the in the upper corners. Was replaced under warranty with a GM windshield. Worth a try.

does anyone have any pictures of this delamination problems with the windshield? I've seen a few posts here with this problem and just curious to see how the symptoms looks like. thanks.