Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Drag Racing Question

1K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  ChurchSTSV 
#1 ·
So i have ben learning the ropes of this car and have a few questions in regards to perfectly legal, track sanctioned drag racing.

1. Should i turn off traction control when starting from a dig? I know it was a must for the GTO

2. How does this thing move from a roll? Do i need to auto-shift into a certain gear?

3. Is this car a slouch?

I am asking because a G8 GXP was trying to get frisky and i didn;t know what to do.

#2 ·
play with it and find out for yourself. when i ran a 13.1 with mine bone stock i had TC off and just walked into the gas. when im (not legally) racing i manually shift it to the lower gear. the tranny in them shifts SUPER slow, easier to do it manually and be in the better gear.

#6 ·
There is no "roll racing" at a drag strip so best is to read some of the sticky's like the CF site has: http://forums.corvetteforum.com/drag-racing-90/

The rest is just as the others posted above and learning proper burnout (TC off for burnout) and how to stage and work on reaction time. If a manual trans that is an entire separate technique to use and do a search on "Rnger Drag Racing" for one of the best how to videos for launching and shifting manual trans cars. :thumbsup:

#9 ·
I agree with that! I am not interested in 60' times. Just want to find the sweet spot.

I remember the GTO 4L60 had seom dead spots when driving. Speeds where the trans wouldn;t know what to do. Just want to make sure i don't run into that problem again!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.